Possibly coming to PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
Member since 2009 • 448 Posts

Ok guys, I know this forum will be a tad biased on what I am about to say, but here it goes.

I own a xbox 360, 3ds, ps2, and wii. I have a good amount of controllers and what not, but I am growing tiresome of the fps fest occuring on the 360. I am getting to the point where I can't be constantly spending money on 3 systems. I just want 1 good gaming device and movie watching device. So I decided Why not try something new, a PS3. So after some thought I am considering trading in all this stuff to gamestop and buying a ps3 and some games.

Do you guys honestly think it is worth it? I will probably get around 450 for all 3 systems, games, and controllers. (with promotions and my power up card)

I know you guys are ps3 owners and lovers, but is it worth the trade?

Also, How long do you think the ps3 will still be alive and putting out content? The wii U has not impressed me at all so I will def. pass up on that.

Thank You all for your help. (sorry for my grammar, I just tried to write this fast)

DGonlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 DGonlag
Member since 2009 • 834 Posts

Not worth it if you have an X360.

PS3 makes a lot of noise when playing video's (from hard drive or dvd/blu-ray), sucks a lot. I use my Xbox for that now and it's a lot better (though i'm using the latest x360 with 250Gb harddrive). Ps3 is nice but pretty useless since the games are ported x360 games, so they will give you the same experience anyway.

afrodudeman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 afrodudeman123
Member since 2009 • 178 Posts

U should definitly ditch the 360 and maybe the wii. then u shoud have enough you can buy a 40GB for 229.99 not a bad trade if you ask me

r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

I thought ps3 had way more exclusives and RPG's. hmm. However, I have the old xbox. The thing sounds like a airplance while its on haha.

r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

well i'd definately go with a new ps3. I am for sure getting rid of the 3ds, ps2, and the wii. The xbox is my only hard decision really.

If I do go through with getting a ps3, what games do you reccomend?

i was thinking of....

heavy rain

demon souls

Gran turismo 5

infamous 2

LBP

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Its worth it. PS3 has better exclusives, Blu-ray, bluetooth and free online play. Unless you absolutely love Gears, Halo, Forza and Fable series, get a PS3 and pretty much the same experience as a 360, only free online and better exclusives. And that comment about games being ported from 360 is rubbish, that would've been true like... 2 years ago. Most 3rd party games (the good games), are built from the ground up for both consoles.

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

since you are looking for a device for gaming and blu-ray movie, then PS3 is definately worth of your trade.

If you are a huge COD fan or serious COD gamer, then stay with 360. otherwise PS3 is a good switch to you.

For PS3 exculsives, God of War 3, Metal Gears Solid 4, and Killzone2/3 are also worth to give a try, and if you like baseball, you might consider MLB the show as well.

DGonlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DGonlag

Its worth it. PS3 has better exclusives, Blu-ray, bluetooth and free online play. Unless you absolutely love Gears, Halo, Forza and Fable series, get a PS3 and pretty much the same experience as a 360, only free online and better exclusives. And that comment about games being ported from 360 is rubbish, that would've been true like... 2 years ago. Most 3rd party games (the good games), are built from the ground up for both consoles.

KamuiFei

No they are not.

Anyway, i think x360 has better exlusives, but hey that's everyones own taste.

Black Ops;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5t7mTUcNdII think x360 is better.

BF BC2;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSXdzh4MAoM I think it's about the same.

Crysis 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdVE4KvJTBAI think x360 is better.

I think that for the games that are actually being optimized for the ps3, then they overdo it and make it worse that the x360 version (like in Mass Effect 2).

You have to see for yourself, but i honestly think there is no reason for buying a ps3. (This is also a ps3 board so there's a lot of fanboys and people who just think xbox is rubbish)

BTW; I have both consoles, and i'm not a fanboy of either.

EABGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 EABGamer
Member since 2011 • 230 Posts

Theres a deal out at gamestop that ends on the 30th of this month. Thats you get $50 bonus for a trade in towards a new console i did that on monday and got a new PS3 and happy i did. Free online and netflix is where its at. Also web browser is fun and just learned you can customise the background of the PS3. Got me a bad *** blonde chick on there.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I recommend keeping the 360 and getting a PS3. PS3 is BY FAR my preferred console, and definitely the most recommendable if you want an all-in-one type media hub. PS3's exclusive franchises are far more appealing/interesting to me (only 1 of my 5 favorite games of this generation is also on the 360), but you shouldn't lose your chance to play any other 360 exclusives that come along you might find interesting, or the now very rare time that a multi-plat is done better on the 360.
MC-Reap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MC-Reap
Member since 2011 • 595 Posts

[QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

DGonlag

No they are not.

I think that for the games that are actually being optimized for the ps3, then they overdo it and make it worse that the x360 version (like in Mass Effect 2).

You have to see for yourself, but i honestly think there is no reason for buying a ps3. (This is also a ps3 board so there's a lot of fanboys and people who just think xbox is rubbish)

Lol. What kind of anal graphic whore cares that much about comparing the two consoles? You wouldn't even be able to see those TINY graphical differences without doing a direct side by side like those videos. And it's mostly lighting differences anyways, not higher polygons. I see no reason why you're trying to stop someone from venturing onto a new gaming console. There is nothing wrong with the PS3.

sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts
infamous 1 and 2. Dont get the second without the first. TRUST ME!
ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2292 Posts
I don't condone ditching any system. Keep them and just try and save up for the ps3 :)
r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

I would try and keep ahold of them all but I just bought a new car and I have a hefty payment to pay monthly. So I need a all in one system. As to the comments above, I do think the 360 titles of games like cod and bf:bc2 are a little better. However, I am not a fan of the FPS genre like I used to be. I'll let you guys know what happens. I am going to gamestop now to see what I can get for everything

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts

If you're not interested in Gears of War 3 & Forza 4 AT ALL... get rid of the console. As a owner of both, the PS3 has more to offer (exclusives, free online, bluray).

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

It's definitely worth it to get a PS3, but I hope you didn't pay full price for that 3DS and now are trading it in already. That would be a tough pill to swallow for me, but I guess if you feel it's a mistake you might as well rectify that by getting whatever you can for it. My advice might be to look at other places besides JUST Gamestop, look at trade-in value at Amazon and ebay before you commit to Gamestop. i know sometimes they give decent bonuses when you are trading in hardware for new hardware, but it's still something to keep an eye on because they are known for lowballing on trade-ins.

Anyway PS3 is about the same game wise as the 360, every once in awhile there's still a bad "port", but for the most part it's a non issue. On the plus side t is still cranking out exclusives left and right. So it should have a much better/deeper software lineup at least for the next year or two, I wouldn't count on either PS3 or 360 cranking out new games much longer than 2 years though.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

DGonlag

No they are not.

The way you are acting makes you sound fanboy like. The PS3 being louder than the 360? That is a load of crap. Your PS3 must be somewhat broken if it is louder than the 360.

What exclusives does 360 still have?

I am not against Microsoft, but other than Kinect games, the company does not have that much outside of Fable, Forza, and Gears of War right now. The studio that has did Crackdown is no more. The studio that did Project Gotham Racing is no more. What first party games does Microsoft even have. MS has also lost popular network exclusive games like Castlevania, Limbo, Castle Crashers, Braid, and so on. Sony has not lost Super Stardust, Joe Danger, Shatter, The Last Guy, Pixeljunk Monsters, Pixeljunk Shooter, Journey, Burn Zombie Burn, Flower, Journey, Comet Crash, Soldner-X-2, Crash Commando, and so on.

Microsoft also lost Mass Effect 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, Eternal Sonata, Lost Planet, Bioshock, and others. I ask you once more, what exclusives? Timed ones do not count.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

If the games interest you, get a PS3. I would not trade in systems in order to buy it. Microsoft might come out with something eventually. The 3DS might be good next year. The Mario games do not seem that bad.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I thought ps3 had way more exclusives and RPG's. hmm. However, I have the old xbox. The thing sounds like a airplance while its on haha.

r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about what that other guy said referring to the "loudness". The PS3 has always been known to be pretty quiet, and definitely was quieter than the old 360's. Now maybe the slim 360 models improved that, but the PS3 slim is pretty quiet too. If you get the latest model you should be fine as you can barely even hear the fan running even after leaving it on many hours. I have the 1st PS3 slim model, and it's still pretty quiet. Maybe not as quiet as it used to be, but I must have put at least 10,000 hours onto that thing by now.

PS3 actually was lacking in RPG's early on, but it's getting alot more JRPG now. I guess the big ones upcoming are Tales of Graces F, Ni No Kuni, Disgaea 4. I'm not a huge JRPG fan though so I'm sure I missed a bunch or just don't know about them. Ni No Kuni is one I really want though, check that game out it looks amazing. (although it's not yet confirmed for U.S. as far as I know, would be a killer if that game ended up Japan only).

DGonlag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DGonlag

[QUOTE="DGonlag"]

[QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

You are absolutly right. That's exactly why there's no point in buying a ps3. It's the exact same experience. (Which i've been saying all along.)

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

[QUOTE="DGonlag"]

[QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

MC-Reap

No they are not.

BF BC2;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSXdzh4MAoMI think it's about the same.

The way you are acting makes you sound fanboy like. The PS3 being louder than the 360? That is a load of crap. Your PS3 must be somewhat broken if it is louder than the 360.

What exclusives does 360 still have?

I am not against Microsoft, but other than Kinect games, the company does not have that much outside of Fable, Forza, and Gears of War right now. The studio that has did Crackdown is no more. The studio that did Project Gotham Racing is no more. What first party games does Microsoft even have. MS has also lost popular network exclusive games like Castlevania, Limbo, Castle Crashers, Braid, and so on. Sony has not lost Super Stardust, Joe Danger, Shatter, The Last Guy, Pixeljunk Monsters, Pixeljunk Shooter, Journey, Burn Zombie Burn, Flower, Journey, Comet Crash, Soldner-X-2, Crash Commando, and so on.

Microsoft also lost Mass Effect 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, Eternal Sonata, Lost Planet, Bioshock, and others. I ask you once more, what exclusives? Timed ones do not count.

You didn't read? I have both consoles. And actually i play all my games on the ps3 because of my trophy collection, so you really can't say i'm a fanboy.

My ps3 is not broken, the new X360 makes a lot less noise than the old Ps3. (can't say for the PS3 Slim, but then again, the x360 has a option to fully install games.)

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I would do it personally. The exclusives are quite good on the PS3, I never liked any of the 360's exclusives when mine wasn't RROD'd. Top that with the fact that you're getting a much better DVD/Bluray player and you have a winner. Ignore the comment about the PS3 being loud. Mine is very quiet even when it's running hard I can't even hear the thing unless I get right next to it. Go for it!

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

i hope this helps u.....honestly i dont think u should trade in all that for the ps3. i have all 3 systems and a decent PC and by far i love my ps3 the most. i game on all systems, even handhelds but i still ike playstation, maybe cuz i grew into gaming once i started getting the ps1.....what doesnt make it worth it is trading in all that u saved and spend money on to get all the stuff u have now, just to sell it for a price that isnt even worth it? nah man, save ur money, save all ur systems, and down the road buy a ps3 when another price drop, drops................or what u can do is sell the wii if u dont play it too much anymore and just pay the difference which shouldnt be much specially since we ( at gamestop) have a promotion, for every 3 games u get extra 50% for trading. so anyways yea, either save all ur stuff and buy ps3 down the road when its alot cheaper so games will be cheap too, or sell ONE system, preferably the wii, and get a ps3 and cover the difference like i said

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

It's not too different on our side in terms of the 'FPS fest' (Killzone, Resistance, MAG, e.t.c) and personally I find Halo to be better than all three :P The ps3 shines in other parts, Uncharted, MGS, LBP, Heavy Rain and a personal favourite, White Knight Chronicles.

I wouldn't trade all of them in for a ps3, perhaps keep the 3DS and ps2 and trade in the 360 and wii. No point in having a 360 and ps3, especially if you're paying for live. Also, ps2 is nice to have around :) 3DS is pretty handy for DS backlog and future hypothetical games :P

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

i hope this helps u.....honestly i dont think u should trade in all that for the ps3. i have all 3 systems and a decent PC and by far i love my ps3 the most. i game on all systems, even handhelds but i still ike playstation, maybe cuz i grew into gaming once i started getting the ps1.....what doesnt make it worth it is trading in all that u saved and spend money on to get all the stuff u have now, just to sell it for a price that isnt even worth it? nah man, save ur money, save all ur systems, and down the road buy a ps3 when another price drop, drops................or what u can do is sell the wii if u dont play it too much anymore and just pay the difference which shouldnt be much specially since we ( at gamestop) have a promotion, for every 3 games u get extra 50% for trading. so anyways yea, either save all ur stuff and buy ps3 down the road when its alot cheaper so games will be cheap too, or sell ONE system, preferably the wii, and get a ps3 and cover the difference like i said

JoKeR_421

Actually I think you have the best idear here, scrap the wii...keep the 3ds (even though I'm no fan of it) and the 360 just in case. You could just pay the remainder after the gamestop promotion, shouldn't be too much.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

Ok guys, I know this forum will be a tad biased on what I am about to say, but here it goes.

I own a xbox 360, 3ds, ps2, and wii. I have a good amount of controllers and what not, but I am growing tiresome of the fps fest occuring on the 360. I am getting to the point where I can't be constantly spending money on 3 systems. I just want 1 good gaming device and movie watching device. So I decided Why not try something new, a PS3. So after some thought I am considering trading in all this stuff to gamestop and buying a ps3 and some games.

Do you guys honestly think it is worth it? I will probably get around 450 for all 3 systems, games, and controllers. (with promotions and my power up card)

I know you guys are ps3 owners and lovers, but is it worth the trade?

Also, How long do you think the ps3 will still be alive and putting out content? The wii U has not impressed me at all so I will def. pass up on that.

Thank You all for your help. (sorry for my grammar, I just tried to write this fast)

r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

absolutely a bad idea. PS3 is great, but it is not worth throwing everything you already own and enjoy. think about all their respective strengths - better multiplat titles and better online on 360, a whole bunch of world-class exclusive franchises that are not available on anything but wii, the awesome JRPGs on 3DS, and all the classics on PS2 (PS3 has lost its backward compatibility, in case you don't know)

now.... you're gonna trade all these away for something that really offers LESS than what you already have collectively? surely you kid.

Silk_Wood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Silk_Wood
Member since 2007 • 1778 Posts

Alright let me put it down for you plain and simply (yeah, this will be biased, but oh well) :

• blu-ray/DVD
  • HD gaming
  • unique entourage of games with wide variety (Uncharted Series, Killzone series, Demon Souls, Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, Infamous series, etc...)
  • free online
  • great price for what it's worth ($300 for the slim is a STEAL)
  • the Move is basically a Wii on acid and steroids so, you won't be missing out on anything
  • hey, it's a Playstation console, doesn't get any better than that

to be honest, I'd trade in every except my Wii, that way, you get a PS3 with all of the above, AND you get to play Skyward Sword,... win - win, situation (I personally own a Wii and PS3, I wish the two would make love and have a child but hey, I love them both)

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
No way to keep the 360 and strill get a PS3? Would be the better option, if you swap them all for one device you are really limiting your library. Still there's always the PS3 recommendation thread if you go through with it, and yeah i prefer my PS3 to 360 by a long shot right now so i think it's worth it. Just don't rush your sale, get the most you can for everything.
TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

If you can find 10 or more exclusives you really want, it's worth it. The PS3 and 360 are about equal with a slight edge to the PS3 for having more exclusives that I like. Xbox Live Arcade has better games than the Playstation Store, but the disc-based exclusives aren't as good.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
This would be better suited for Systems Wars due to the discussion being open to other systems.