POLL DO you think Metal Gear would make a good Movie?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LORDDICE1
Member since 2007 • 1263 Posts

Granted I would be there seeing it opening night with a buddy of mine, that have been playing this series since we were able to get ahold of the first crap version on the NES, but I really think it should stay a game. This series has always been over the top and a lot of the bosses just would not translate to film. I also feel that if they made a movie, the fans of the series would be let down. The movie would probably stray so far from the story line that it would be like Wolverine Origins where you leave the movie theater annoyed and pissed off you wasted $10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a22550b94008
deactivated-5a22550b94008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-5a22550b94008
Member since 2009 • 426 Posts

Granted I would be there seeing it opening night with a buddy of mine, that have been playing this series since we were able to get ahold of the first crap version on the NES, but I really think it should stay a game. This series has always been over the top and a lot of the bosses just would not translate to film. I also feel that if they made a movie, the fans of the series would be let down. The movie would probably stray so far from the story line that it would be like Wolverine Origins where you leave the movie theater annoyed and pissed off you wasted $10.

LORDDICE1

If Kojima was in complete control and it had a good cast, then I would be there opening night.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I don't think it will good as a movie. I mean, it would be pretty boring a lot of the time if they keep the long cutscenes

LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LORDDICE1

I would doubt whoever decided to produce it would allow Kojima complete control because they would have to appeal to people that have not played the games before as well. Kojima's quirky Japanese humor is the one thing that has always annoyed me in the MGS games. I have always been able to look past it though, due to great gameplay and other solid story points.

[QUOTE="LORDDICE1"]

sublimeandetc

If Kojima was in complete control and it had a good cast, then I would be there opening night.

ADbrown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ADbrown88
Member since 2008 • 169 Posts

I think it would make a good movie if the general concepte remaines the same. It wold almost be like a James Bond movie imo!

Near_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Near_13
Member since 2009 • 106 Posts

I would watch it if it's CGI

TehSonofUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TehSonofUgly
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts

i choose the last option, but its more like a week after release rather than a month before :P

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
First of all, no. Second of all, Uwe Boll. Third, NO actor can model Snake's badassery.
Maleduq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Maleduq
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
It really depends on who'll be in charge. If the director is good, the writers have at least half a brain and Kojima is involved. Then that'd be a kick ass movie. If not we'll have yet another crappy movie to add to the list. What i was triying to say is that the whole Metal Gear universe is full of awesome-ish potential. If the cards are well played, then yes. It would make a great movie.
Near_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Near_13
Member since 2009 • 106 Posts
First of all, no. Second of all, Uwe Boll. Third, NO actor can model Snake's badassery. GodofBigMacs
Kiefer Sutherland/Jack Bauer
yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"]First of all, no. Second of all, Uwe Boll. Third, NO actor can model Snake's badassery. Near_13
Kiefer Sutherland/Jack Bauer

Hell yes Kiefer sutherland would make a bad-a snake just dye his hair black. I didn't even think about him that would be great even has a good voice for it

LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LORDDICE1
agreed
First of all, no. Second of all, Uwe Boll. Third, NO actor can model Snake's badassery. GodofBigMacs
YoJim8obaJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 YoJim8obaJoe
Member since 2008 • 2653 Posts

there already are MGS movies,they called MGS 1,2,3 and 4.I wouldnt mind seeing a MGS game,now that would kick ass

marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts

there already are MGS movies,they called MGS 1,2,3 and 4.I wouldnt mind seeing a MGS game,now that would kick ass

YoJim8obaJoe
/This
OriginalJonty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OriginalJonty
Member since 2009 • 1087 Posts
Could you imagine all of the story being transferred to film? Most films are around 2 hours, the games have more than two hours worth of cutscenes each. It could be great if it could be done but the story is quite complex and being unable to transfer all of the info to film would leave a lot of holes in the plot for the general public.
yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

Could you imagine all of the story being transferred to film? Most films are around 2 hours, the games have more than two hours worth of cutscenes each. It could be great if it could be done but the story is quite complex and being unable to transfer all of the info to film would leave a lot of holes in the plot for the general public.OriginalJonty

If it's as entertaining as the games they could make it 3 hours and no one would mind

bigmouthkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#17 bigmouthkid
Member since 2006 • 3425 Posts

it depends who the director is.

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

If executed right, It could be...

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

i think it would but i dont think it would be the same since the story of metal gear might confuse movie goers it already confuses the gamers

chohighlb50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chohighlb50
Member since 2008 • 94 Posts

MGS could be turned into a good movie but the truth is that it would turn out like every other movie based off of a video game and suck worse then M. Night Shamalons movies.now if they made a CG movies then that would be great but would kinda defeat the purpose since the series is pretty much a CG.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

MGS as a movie? Where would they begin? I could see MGS3 or 1 being turned into a movie but as a whole it would be a mess. You just can't get too complicated whengoing the movie route. Therefore, it would probably be a better idea if the series was turned into a novel...without pictures, no manga crap.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
It would be a sh!tty movie because 2hrs or so could never capture the epicness that 60+ hours of gameplay/cutscenes can provide.
munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

it pretty much is a movie. lol. but i would like to see a real movie of metal gear and i would totally see it opening day

Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Coolboy420x
Member since 2004 • 2235 Posts
I don't if anybody has already mentioned this but there already is a MGS movie in production... its called Philantrophy - look it up online, and its made by Bunch of MGS FANS, even has a trailer. Also Kojima mentioned an MGS movie atleast once in his interviews, there has been alot of dicussion wether Christain Bale should play SNAKE's role...
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

As much as I love Metal Gear, I know "Hollywood" would completely destroy it. Because we all know it's just going to try to be a completely failed copy of either game, or all of them. Cramed down to two hours.

If such a movie should exist, I would put Solid Snake in an alternate non canon storyline. One just for this movie. He wouldn't be up against Liquid either. But there would be a Metal Gear and still hold it's over all "anti-nuke message". There would be a completely new villain, but I would still keep the lingering "puppet masters" in the background as The Patriots. Though, they would not be AI or Zero and that cast. I would rather not make them known. Much like how it was in MGS2. Scrap the corney kiddiefied crap and the awful one liners that seem to plague video game movie adaptations and give it a more serious tone. Especially, one that isn't "dumbed down".

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3c81036be81
deactivated-5f3c81036be81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5f3c81036be81
Member since 2009 • 582 Posts

it pretty much is a movie:P

YoJim8obaJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 YoJim8obaJoe
Member since 2008 • 2653 Posts

It would be a sh!tty movie because 2hrs or so could never capture the epicness that 60+ hours of gameplay/cutscenes can provide.JKnaperek

60+ hours?you do know you can run and dont have to walk :)

heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 heatfanman101
Member since 2008 • 2877 Posts

I would see it, but wouldn't be too, too excited for it.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I would not like it at all if it did, unless Mr. Kojima is the one in complete charge and if it's in CG.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

I would not like it at all if it did, unless Mr. Kojima is the one in complete charge and if it's in CG.

WR_Platinum

Agreed. CG would be the only way.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

It would be way too convoluted and confusing for a two hours movie

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

The only MGS games that could translate into a movie would be MGS1 or MGS3. Even then, I wouldn't trust Hollywood with MGS.

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
Nope because i'm sure that whoever would direct it would remove most of the source material and it would just become some redundant piece of crap. Look at the Dragon Ball movie and Doom. Toriyama produced Dragon Ball:Evolution and it still went so far from the source material that it become even more unrealistic then dragonball was.
TheCraving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheCraving
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts

Awhile back, Christian Bale said he would be interested in playing the role of Solid Snake. After his coma inducing John Connor in Terminator Salvation, heres hoping he doesn't!

As much as I love the games, I would like to see what they could do with a Metal Gear film. I doubt it could cause damage to the already established franchise.