Please help me get Resistance: Fall of Man

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zizaz11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 zizaz11
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts

My parents for the most part only let me get teen games. They made an exception for halo only because I made a 14 page article on why it wasn't bad. I have played all other insomniac games including the Ratchet and Spyro series. Please help me convince my parents this is not a bad game and is no different than halo.

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
Kid if you wrote 14 pages to get Halo the write 24 pages for Resistance.
gabpalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gabpalm
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
i am 14 and all my games are mature and my parents gives a **** you really got bad luck
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
Tell them that it can replace Halo and they will no longer have to pay the $50 a year bc you get free online. Also tell them that Halo is full of racists, homophobes, biggots, and other loud mouth ppl online whereas that hardly ever happens on a ps3 game.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
Uhhhhhhhhh. How can WE help? Looks like you'll have to work some magic on your end.
thevarsmolta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thevarsmolta
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts

i am 14 and all my games are mature and my parents gives a **** you really got bad luckgabpalm

No, it just means your parents should be beaten to death with a shovel, and he has good parents.

zizaz11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 zizaz11

Uhhhhhhhhh. How can WE help? Looks like you'll have to worksome magic on your end.MusashiSensi

If you guys could compare the violence, language, and blood to halo and give your own personal opinion on why it should be Teen that would make my day.

Psmol200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Psmol200
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts

My parents for the most part only let me get teen games. They made an exception for halo only because I made a 14 page article on why it wasn't bad. I have played all other insomniac games including the Ratchet and Spyro series. Please help me convince my parents this is not a bad game and is no different than halo.

zizaz11

14 pages, Wow My best go, if i was in the situation would be to throw the Speech... Its a Game, im not out doing drugs, running the streets..That would be my route... telling them if this is the worst im doing is wanting M games.. they should be lucky. If that fails.... i kinda like the guy who said write 24 pages.. LOL

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

Violence... about the same. Also, you're only shooting aliens (except online), so it's not like you're brutally murdering other humans.

Language... IMO, Uncharted was worse and that was rated T. Most of the vulgar language in Resistance is inaudible over the explosions and gunfire and crap.

Blood... Pretty mild.

In my opinion, Resistance should have gotten a T if Uncharted was able to get away with a T.

thevarsmolta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thevarsmolta
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts

If you guys couldcompare the violence, language, and blood to halo and give your own personal opinion on why it should be Teen that would make my day.zizaz11

Can't really be done, sorry. Resistance is definitely rated M for a reason, and there's no changing that. There's swearing, guns and blood.

Here's some hope, though. In your defense, the rating system is pretty vague. "Strong Language" and "Blood and Gore" almost automatically make a game rated M. But should it? No. I personally would let my 14 year old kid play Halo, or Resistance for that matter, even with the M rating. Here's why.

- Although blood and gore and strong language make a game rated M, I believe it's more about the context.

- Strong language is considered any swear word. "ah sh*t!" makes a game rated M. It shouldn't. That should be Teen. But if the line has more aggressiveness to it, like say "I'm gonna kill you, you f*cking piece of sh*t", then yes, it should be rated M. The strong language in Resistance (if any) would not be aggressive.

- As far as violence, I would be ok with the level of violence and blood in a game like Halo or Resistance for a 14 year old. Gears of War, however, with it's chainsaw kills and curb stomping, I ABSOLUTELY would not like my kid to play until he hit the age that's recommended.

I think the rating system needs to be tweaked a little. Descriptions like "blood and gore" and "strong language" can be very misleading, since they don't make any mention of context.

Games like Condemned, Manhunt, Gears of War, God of War, even Unreal Tournament to an extent...those are the titles that deserve the M rating they bare. There are more, too. But Resistance is not one of them.

If you want, print off this post and have your parents read it. They seem like very level headed parents, especially since they actually pay attention to your games.

Context is important, and the rating system doesn't take it into consideration.

zizaz11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zizaz11

[QUOTE="zizaz11"]If you guys couldcompare the violence, language, and blood to halo and give your own personal opinion on why it should be Teen that would make my day.thevarsmolta

Can't really be done, sorry. Resistance is definitely rated M for a reason, and there's no changing that. There's swearing, guns and blood.

Here's some hope, though. In your defense, the rating system is pretty vague. "Strong Language" and "Blood and Gore" almost automatically make a game rated M. But should it? No. I personally would let my 14 year old kid play Halo, or Resistance for that matter, even with the M rating. Here's why.

- Although blood and gore and strong language make a game rated M, I believe it's more about the context.

- Strong language is considered any swear word. "ah sh*t!" makes a game rated M. It shouldn't. That should be Teen. But if the line has more aggressiveness to it, like say "I'm gonna kill you, you f*cking piece of sh*t", then yes, it should be rated M. The strong language in Resistance (if any) would not be aggressive.

- As far as violence, I would be ok with the level of violence and blood in a game like Halo or Resistance for a 14 year old. Gears of War, however, with it's chainsaw kills and curb stomping, I ABSOLUTELY would not like my kid to play until he hit the age that's recommended.

I think the rating system needs to be tweaked a little. Descriptions like "blood and gore" and "strong language" can be very misleading, since they don't make any mention of context.

Games like Condemned, Manhunt, Gears of War, God of War, even Unreal Tournament to an extent...those are the titles that deserve the M rating they bare. There are more, too. But Resistance is not one of them.

If you want, print off this post and have your parents read it. They seem like very level headed parents, especially since they actually pay attention to your games.

Context is important, and the rating system doesn't take it into consideration.

DUDE YOU ROCK!!!!!! KEEP THESE POSTS COMING AND I'LL SEE YOU GUYS ONLINE!!!!! Thank you!!!!

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

My parents know that because I shoot people with railguns and blow stuff up with grenades, it doesn't mean I'm going to do it in real life, or have any extra agression due to a video game.

But the ESBR rating is the only thing that helps parents with no knowledge of video games. It's the one thing in which some parents depend on in parenting the gaming aspect of their teen's lives.

Try this: Download the demo for Resistance and show your parents a level. Then let them decide.

rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
Well just right another crap load of why resistance isnt bad...If it helps its amazing...
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts

i am 14 and all my games are mature and my parents gives a **** you really got bad luckgabpalm

It shows...

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

[QUOTE="gabpalm"]i am 14 and all my games are mature and my parents gives a **** you really got bad luckRotaryRX7

It shows...

Nah, not really since swearing is common among all young people no matter what parents tell their kids. Walk into any public school and you'll see my point.Although the swearing is getting kind of pathetic to be honest.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hazelnutman
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="gabpalm"]i am 14 and all my games are mature and my parents gives a **** you really got bad luckcatfishmoon23

It shows...

Nah, not really since swearing is common among all young people no matter what parents tell their kids. Walk into any public school and you'll see my point.Although the swearing is getting kind of pathetic to be honest.

What happened to the days where parents freak out at swearing and wash the kids' mouths with soap :lol:

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Write an even longer article for Resistance.
candid_llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 candid_llama
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
Well I for one like your parents. They represent what real parents should be doing with kids and video games. If they seem fit that you don't play Resistance, then so be it.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
No bad language, minimal blood, and no sex or nudity. Seems alright. Good luck bro! :D
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts
[QUOTE="catfishmoon23"][QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="gabpalm"]i am 14 and all my games are mature and my parents gives a **** you really got bad luckhazelnutman

It shows...

What happened to the days where parents freak out at swearing and wash the kids' mouths with soap :lol:

Yeah I agree, but the problem is parents can't wash their kids mouths out with soap when they don't know about(i.e. at school).

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hazelnutman
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"][QUOTE="catfishmoon23"][QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]

[QUOTE="gabpalm"]i am 14 and all my games are mature and my parents gives a **** you really got bad luckcatfishmoon23

It shows...

Yeah I agree, but the problem is parents can't wash their kids mouths out with soap when they don't know about(i.e. at school).

Oh trust me, kids will even swear near their parents.... this world has gone into dark times indeed ;)