PlayStation 3 , more used than PC ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bibahtalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Bibahtalo
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts
better than pc ? why ? if is not , why ?
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
for gaming? i don't even use my pc for gaming, but i do spend more time on my pc overall
Bibahtalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bibahtalo
I think PC is the best thing happend to the humanity ... there's no better machine ... so don't step away from your biggest friend ... the PC
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

Depends; in my case I prefer the PS3 because I do not care to spend time upgrading my PC just to run games at full or near full capacity. At the same time, the PC can change with the times, which means it can always take advantage of new technology.

To each their own, I personally just prefer using a console versus a PC.

budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#6 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
For gaming, IMO a console is better due to cost and reliability.
scotthulluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 scotthulluk
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts
I spend more time on my PS3. I've got PlayTV, gaming, blu-ray, DVD and an internet browser. I rarely use my PC which is funny 'cos Im a software engineer lol. But when I have to do work programming and stuff I can't use my PS3 which is a shame. Heres hoping for visual studio for PS3. xD
Bibahtalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bibahtalo
2 Bad I'm such a PC fan :P
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts
2 Bad I'm such a PC fan :P Bibahtalo
I'm with ya man - with the PC you can essentially get the capabalities of a "next gen" console every 6 months (for a price). however... Lately my consoles have been getting more love - just because PC games are getting harder to find. This isn't adevelopment issue so much because the games are being made - stores just aren't stocking PC games like they used to.
skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I spend more time on my PS3. I've got PlayTV, gaming, blu-ray, DVD and an internet browser. I rarely use my PC which is funny 'cos Im a software engineer lol. But when I have to do work programming and stuff I can't use my PS3 which is a shame. Heres hoping for visual studio for PS3. xDscotthulluk

Only if you could get MSN hehe. Or can you. Not got PS3 yet but plan on getting one next month but mainly for movies and tv and odd games.

Bibahtalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bibahtalo
That's all ... PC RULZ
videogamer1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 videogamer1985
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Ps3 is way better than pc because u can surf the web and play games on the same system. Pc cant play blu ray and ps3 games r so much better than pc games if i wer u i would get a ps3 this chrsitmas
sincgar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 sincgar1
Member since 2008 • 110 Posts

Ps3 is way better than pc because u can surf the web and play games on the same system. Pc cant play blu ray and ps3 games r so much better than pc games if i wer u i would get a ps3 this chrsitmasvideogamer1985

actually, pc's can not only play blu-ray, but burn to blu-ray as well. and the ps3's web surfing is handicapped when compared to a pc.

i just prefer the ps3 due to the fact consoles are easier for me to control than a keyboard/mouse set up... and cheaper

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts
Haven't touched my PC for games for years now. PS3 is dominating my gaming life.
Bibahtalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bibahtalo
hah ... easy with the font man ... I'm not trying to kill someone , just I'm saying that pc is the best system for all things , can u run messenger on PS3 ?:P i don't think so ...
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
for gaming? i don't even use my pc for gaming, but i do spend more time on my pc overallpolishkid99
I was going to say the same thing.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
nothing is better than a PC for handling all of your daily activities, including game visuals. Saying that, istill prefer playing on consoles. Upgrading your PC is too expensive. If you have the money for it, do whatever makes you happy, but PC gaming is for a hardcore audience.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Well, my PC's nowhere near on par with today's standards of gaming. I can play up to C&C3, which is the highest I've seen so far with games recently released. But I do play more games on my PS3 (PS3/PS2/PS1) but I do play on my PC.

As far as web browsing goes, I only used the PS3 as a backup incase my PC screwed up (usually to find out what was wrong with it). Other than that, I find the browser really lacking a lot and at the lowest standards possible. Occasionally, I would use my PS3 if I'm too lazy at the time to get up and power up my PC.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Ps3 is way better than pc because u can surf the web and play games on the same system. Pc cant play blu ray and ps3 games r so much better than pc games if i wer u i would get a ps3 this chrsitmasvideogamer1985

A Blu Ray PS3 game is different from a standard DVD9 PC game. Since PC requires installing, a lot of files can be compressed on the actual disk in any way they see fit. A console game is different because it still relies on the actual disk for data transfer while most PC games just need the disk to confirm you have an actual non pirated copy with little data transfer. This is why loading times have always been an issue when consoles started using disks. There really is no point right now for a PC game to be on a Blu Ray disk. But there are Blu Ray drives for PC, so it's not like it doesn't exist.

Bibahtalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bibahtalo
That's what I'm talking about :P