This topic is locked from further discussion.

zKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zKing
Member since 2015 • 9 Posts

Recently i found out that almost every game need to be installed on ps3. I have 12GB model. My question is can I uninstall game from my ps3 and leave save game data on device?

kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

Yes you can, if you in the future find it tedious to install and uninstall games all the time you may also upgrade the amount of storage buy buying a larger HDD. No worries.

Kristaok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kristaok
Member since 2015 • 69 Posts

I have the 80g backwards compatible ps3 and I don't for the life of me get the forced downloads... I'll be adding a bigger drive asap I'm sure.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@zking: Not really, some games need to be partially installed, games like GTAV will eat 7 gigs from your system, but you´ll need a lot more room than those 12 gigs you got there, digital downloads need twice the space to download prior to install, once installed the systems will "return" you the extra gigs it needed for the download. Saves are kept in a separate folder. Do yourself a favor and get a 500 GB - 1TB ( you´ll need to purchase the HDD tray if it is a super slim because the console does´t come with it )

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

@zking: Don't worry your save data will be kept when you uninstall your games