Playsation 3 Controller

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mistablair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mistablair
Member since 2003 • 690 Posts

Hi, I want to get a PS3 because most games are multiplatform to begin with, and others like ractchet and clank and little big planet look like lots of fun.

My beef is the controller. I played NHL09 at a friends house, and I just did not like it. The shoulder button felt loose and the left joystick was awkwardly placed next to the right one. Is it worth overlooking the awkward controller to get a ps3? will i get used to it?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
IMO yes... its not that bad , though i have had a sony controller since the very beginning (ps1) so it feels perfect for me..
HOwever you can buy 3rd party controllers if it really bothers you.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Hi, I want to get a PS3 because most games are multiplatform to begin with, and others like ractchet and clank and little big planet look like lots of fun.

My beef is the controller. I played NHL09 at a friends house, and I just did not like it. The shoulder button felt loose and the left joystick was awkwardly placed next to the right one. Is it worth overlooking the awkward controller to get a ps3? will i get used to it?

mistablair

it's fine...and how will we know if you will get used to it?

mistablair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mistablair
[QUOTE="mistablair"]

OfficialBed

it's fine...and how will we know if you will get used to it?

you could have been in the same situation and then got used to the controller.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

I'm tired of people complaining about the PS3 controller.

it's the best modern controller around.

FreshDimSum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FreshDimSum
Member since 2008 • 605 Posts

somesthetic

agreed, but a $55 price tag? i'd rather dish out another 10 or so bucks for a new game. an extra controller shouldnt cost more than 30 bucks IMO.

Avatar image for mistergamer2006
mistergamer2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mistergamer2006
Member since 2006 • 988 Posts

The controller is amazing! way better than the 360 one even though i must admit the 360 one looks awesome and feels good... the PS3 one is practical and conveinient... people complain about how light it is and stuff but that to me is a good thing... as ur fingers fly over the joystick, you barely feel the weight of the controller... which for me adds to the immersiveness...

the PS3s trigger buttons are alittle annoying i must admit... but i learned to get used to it for the games that do use it, and thats a few... also some games allow you to change the controlles... so i simply jus change it... also there are extensions you can buy... im not gonna link, but a quick search on google will take you...

i always tell my 360 friends this "when a 5 year old comes to a table with both the 360 controller and the sixaxis on it, which do you think they will pick up"... ahha seriously if you think about it... the sixaxis, looks like it was built for buisness, without the bright buttons and stuff... so yah those are my reasons why the PS3 controllers rule! no disrespect to 360 game pad...honestly

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts
[QUOTE="somesthetic"]

FreshDimSum

agreed, but a $55 price tag? i'd rather dish out another 10 or so bucks for a new game. an extra controller shouldnt cost more than 30 bucks IMO.

I bought one off amazon for $40.

it's not $30, but it's closer.

expensive controllers don't seem so bad now that you don't really need to own more than 2 since multiplayer is almost all online.

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
the controller is great.

Trust me -- once you get used to it you will love it, in fact im surprised you havent played PS1/PS2 games enough to be completly used to it yet...
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts
I don't understand why people have a problem with controller. Then again, I've gotten used to the design over the years so it's not something I think about. It's probably something you can overlook and get used to eventually.
mistablair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mistablair

the controller is great.

Trust me -- once you get used to it you will love it, in fact im surprised you havent played PS1/PS2 games enough to be completly used to it yet...
choasgod

I did actually used to own a PS1 and PS2, but I bought them both with about 2 years left in their cycle. The thing is, while my controller did have the two analog sticks I used the d-pad almost exclusively. I think the controller was great for my crash bandicooot adventures, I'm just worried how it would work for shooters. I only know one person with a ps3 and his right trigger felt like it was on a loose spring.

I'll probably get the ps3, it just seems like a much better deal even at $200 more than xbox because I save $100 on the wireless adapter and $60 on a live subscription