Playing US games in EU PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DexterHol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DexterHol
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Hey guys, I have some questions. I live in Greece and will buy a PS4 as soon as it gets here at 13th of December. How will US games in EU play? I know they'll work, but my question is about accounts. Do I have to play them in my US account in order to get trophies? From PS3 I knew that you only had to sign in to the US account in order to purchase something from the store and then you could play US games in any account you wanted from the same PS3 console, but now with the issue about being plus in order to play online I don't know if that will still be the case. Will I have to be a plus subscriber in both the US account and the EU one, or just the one I play with? Also will the DLCs work with any account or just the one puirchased, which will be the account with the same country of the disc?

lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts

You just need to be Plus on the account you normally use to get online play going. Same rules apply for the DLC - if the game is meant for the US you'll need to buy the extras from the US store as well. Said DLC will work regardless of the user you have going. Trophies will work on any account on your system, no matter the region they are set for.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

There is a video on YouTube ghost ow to play war thunder from Europe Psn. It doesn't seem as easy as the ps3 where u can make up a acct for other regions but go back and forth from us to other places. I think u need to delete your US version first. Let new know if this is correct

DexterHol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DexterHol

Thanks for your replies. Yeah, ewalthour, I watched that video on youtube and the only problem that was not there in PS3 is that the guy cannot play the game he DLed for free from his UK account with his US account, getting a message "This application can be started only by a user who has a license for it". This is a bit alarming as with PS3 you could buy from the US store where the prices are the cheapest and play with any account on the PS3. But maybe this is just for this game, cause it was not released yet on US, who knows. Anyway, I will tell you what happens on the weekend 14-15 Dec when I will have a EU PS4 and a US Battlefield 4. Maybe I'll purchase something from the US PSN store too, to check if that happens with all digital games or just with War Thunder.

DexterHol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DexterHol

Mystery solved. You just have to make your US account a primary one on your PS4 in order to play it's purchased downloaded games in any account in the PS4. So primary accounts can have their purchases played from each user in that PS4 but all other account's purchases are restricted to the user that purchased them.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@DexterHol: agree . I made a new psn User and was able to play war thunder on my new account i set up in europe. I thought the game would look better and i didn't notice vibration on my controller while shooting my plane guns. Did you notice the same thing? I suppose i am not as hyped about the game as I was so i am not all that keen on the game being given on the US psn. Maybe i will give it a chance but i thought this game would look a lot better. The controls of the plane were ok but just didn't get my pumped up at all.

I just can't wait for drive club. I am tempted to get need for speed but i will wait. I like a more open world racer besides Grand turismo.