Playable videos on external drive n such

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dabbi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dabbi27
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Hello i was wondering.

I've got a external drive filled with videos that some work and some dont in the Ps3

And i was thinking if there were any programs that goes over the external hd and searches for videos that ps3 is unable to play and converts them so their playable,maybe deletes the original, so i wont have to find out what works and what not and convert them by my self cause that would take days.

That would be awesome!
Can anyone help me?

P.S.
Sorry for my sucky english! Icelandic!

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Your English is better then most English people ive seen on here. Sorry i cant help you.
vegnegun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 vegnegun
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts

I really don't know of any programs that look for the videos that don't work, but since it sounds like you want to have the videos to play on the PS3, then you could just convert all of them to a PS3 format. I know the PC program Format Factory (free) converts videos to a variety of formats. I use it to convert videos for the PS3 (all formats to MP4, highest quality), and it works like a charm. It won't delete the old videos, but you can do that pretty easily on your own. If you don't want to convert all of the videos, then you can just try to sort out what works and what doesn't for videos.

Now, if by some rare chance you are using a Macintosh, I'm really not sure what to tell you there :-\ the iSquint project is closed and I'm not sure what programs could do what you're looking for for free.

Hope I helped a bit!

P.S.

The videos that don't work on your PS3 are probably in the same format, so you can sort them out that way. But I could be wrong, so don't take my word on it.

dabbi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dabbi27
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

It sounds like a good solution converting them all in one but,

Does the files go much larger in size by converting them in that format?

I've got about 100gb free space so i wont be able to convert them all without blowing up my hd :D. (300gb of vids)

It would be a nice treat to find a program that lets say, Converts one video (and tries to keep the quality and size) -> Deletes the original (Making space for the next convertion) -> Starts converting the next one.. and so on. That way I wont run out of space during the convertion blablabla, you get it....

plus, converting all that sh*t could take days, correct me if im wrong. but that doesnt really matter, i can take 2-3 days without ps3.

Or i could just wait and hope for better video watching support from sony? will there ever be??

drgratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 drgratos
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hi, I have a 1tb disk full of videos and music... but my ps3 is not recognizing it, I already checked that it is formatted on fat32, and put all the videos an music on Music and Video folders... anyone has any other idea on how might i make it work?