online (very new gamer )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trackpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 trackpants
Member since 2004 • 357 Posts
Where i can i find a list of online games you can purchase from ps3. I want to konw before i decided to buy the internet , if its worth my while for the games they have on line thanks
RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts

Where i can i find a list of online games you can purchase from ps3. I want to konw before i decided to buy the internet , if its worth my while for the games they have on line thankstrackpants

PS3 online is free. Or do you not have an internet connection to your house? How would that work... Arn't you posting this?

trackpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 trackpants

sorry when i said buy the internet i meant buy ps3 online, but its free even better. BUT where i can get a list of games ? (before going through the hassel of hooking it up

EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 EtherTwilight
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts

sorry when i said buy the internet i meant buy ps3 online, but its free even better. BUT where i can get a list of games ? (before going through the hassel of hooking it up

trackpants

Assuming that you already have a router, it takes about five minutes total to connect your PS3 and setup your PSN account.

Seriously.

Assuming that you don't have a router, it's going to take you the time to go to the store and purchase one, and cost you about $30-70, depending on the router you get (e.g. wired or wireless, the PS3 is wireless b/g compatible).

As for what games are playable online, well, you'll just have to look at the games available.  But the highlights?

• Resistance: Fall of Man (Really solid all around online functionality
  • Call of Duty 3 (I think the online for CoD3 sucks really bad, but others seem to like it)
  • F.E.A.R. (Just released, the third shooter in my list; haven't played it, so can't vouch for its online)
  • Motorstorm (Hated the demo; heard that the multiplayer is pretty fun, albeit derivative at times, and moderately frustrating)
  • Fight Night Round 3 (Again, heard the multiplayer is rather solid, but the booting to the lobby after rounds ges irritating)

That's what I know of for sure.  I'm not doing all your own homework for you :P but those are the highlights.

Good luck!  Oh, and if you don't have a router, I recommend a Linksys 2.4ghz Wireless G. 

trackpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 trackpants
yeah thanks ! although i mainly want it to purchase old school games, i dont want to spend 50 bucks do get one of those routers, unless it has good downloadable old school games to play, but i keep searching the net and have not found a game list yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 310792
Member since 2005 • 582 Posts

yeah thanks ! although i mainly want it to purchase old school games, i dont want to spend 50 bucks do get one of those routers, unless it has good downloadable old school games to play, but i keep searching the net and have not found a game list yet.trackpants

There is not a huge choice at the moment, but you can get...

A free GTHD mini game

Flow (check this site for review) 

Super rub a dub, great fun! (check this site for review)

Blast factor (check this site for review)

Gripshift (most fun ever - again check this site for review) 

Demos for several PS3 games including Ridge Racer, Resistance, MS, F1, etc

There aren't any classic games yet in the UK, not sure what PS1 games are available in the States? 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 310792
Member since 2005 • 582 Posts

Oh also, lots of games are being sold cheap between now and May 23rd.

And I fogot to mention the HD version of Tekken... 

plastic1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 plastic1980
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

trackpants

The ones I know of are...

Resistance fall of man, motorstorm, ridgeracer, blazing angels, need for speed carbon, Full auto 2, fear, fightnight, and call of duty.

Actually it would probably be easier to list what isnt online.

Elder scrolls, and virtua fighter.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts
no online for Tiger Woods 07?
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts
also, don't forget about Calling All Cars which will be released May 4th(just a week or two away).  The reviews for it say that the multiplayer is the best part of the game.
river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts

trackpants
the best game i found online is Socom CA, its a ps2 game, third person shooter, but i have spent many hours online with it.and i still play it on the ps3. just make sure you get a headset if you get this game
jmper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jmper4
Member since 2004 • 957 Posts

Where i can i find a list of online games you can purchase from ps3. I want to konw before i decided to buy the internet , if its worth my while for the games they have on line thankstrackpants

Assuming you are from the US, then >LINK