One thing wrong with my PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Carcrafter7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Carcrafter7
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

I had to get that Firm ware update to be able to use my HDMI cable. That to me is **** HD capable out of the box my ass. I had to use component cables to be able to display the video of the PS3 so I could go into the menu system and go through all the boring **** of creating an online account to get the software update so I could use my HDMI cable. Now that I have the Firm ware update though it looks amazing but still you should not have to go online to update your system so you can use an HDMI cable. Like I said though now that I have the update I love my PS3 now. It was just a hassle trying to figure out what was wrong with it.

ybutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -3

#2 ybutton
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts
you had to update? i didnt have to, it was just plug and play
sices2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sices2
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts

what type of tv do u have hd wise 1080i or 1080p, which works with hdmi cords..

I have a JVC hd tv.. But hdmi cord aint working

Thanks

thageneral3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thageneral3
Member since 2007 • 1929 Posts

you had to update? i didnt have to, it was just plug and play ybutton

me too

burner0921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 burner0921
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts
From the sounds of it you originally had a different output such as component hooked up and then switched over to hdmi. If you had plugged in hdmi in the first place it should have worked as that is what I did with mine on day one. Or else you could have plugged in the hdmi and held the power for five seconds or so so the output source would be detected. I've never heard of having to update firmware to use HDMI
burner0921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 burner0921

what type of tv do u have hd wise 1080i or 1080p, which works with hdmi cords..

I have a JVC hd tv.. But hdmi cord aint working

Thanks

sices2

Try the last one

If there is no picture on the TV screen:
  • Check that the input mode of the TV is appropriate for the connector in use on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
  • There may be a problem with the cable in use. Try using another cable that is compatible with the PLAYSTATION®3.
  • If the video output settings on the PLAYSTATION®3 do not match those of the cable or TV in use, there may be no picture. If the screen goes blank, turn off the system.
  • Then, with only the PLAYSTATION®3 and the TV connected, touch the system's power button for more than 5 seconds to turn the system back on. The video output settings will automatically be reset to the standard resolution.

Carcrafter7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Carcrafter7
The funny thing is that I have a 1080i Sony LCD HDTV. Anyway to answer your question I originally had componant cables and hooked them in. I then got my 20 dollar HDMI cable and when Iwent to put it in it would not work. I then heard that you had to get a software update to be able to use aHDMI cable. I guess that is what happened to me.
burner0921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 burner0921
Yeah that's what I figured. The software update was incorrect. All you had to do was reset the video settings. It's good to know that so if you ever bring it over to someone else's house and they don't have the same video setup.
Carcrafter7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Carcrafter7
Also once you get the software update you have to wait untill the screen comes up with a "We detect an HDMI cable do you want to switch over" it will not come up right away you have to wait for that intro sound then after a couple of seconds of blank TV the message will appear.
burner0921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 burner0921
Never heard of that at all. It sounds like a tv "handshaking" thing which I don't know much about other than that's how the two devices connect. If you have any more questions, I'd say take those over to www.ps3forums.com They really know what they're talking about over there. But everytime you turn your system on this happens or just when you originally switched over to HDMI?
Carcrafter7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Carcrafter7
I just got the HDMI thing to work tonight. I will turn the PS3 on tommorow to see if it has picture with the audio when you first turn it on. When I was done switching it to the HDMI cable and put in a blue-ray there was none of the suff that I watched on youtube that was happening to my HDTV it just loaded and went right into the blue-ray no problems.
MGSFan27285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 MGSFan27285
Member since 2004 • 850 Posts
probably your tv, my big tv doesn't like the ps3 HDMI for some reason, doesn't accept all signals, but using the same cable and a different tv, works great.
MalachiLiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MalachiLiu
Member since 2003 • 462 Posts

same, kinda weird how u had to. =/