One thing I want PS4 to copy from Xbox One...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tendoboy1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tendoboy1984
Member since 2012 • 253 Posts

There still isn't the ability to share game clips with PSN friends. Sony should create a Share app so you can upload clips without having to use Facebook. Xbox One has its Upload app, which acts as a centralized clip sharing spot.

Also, on Xbox One all your clips are tied to your profile, not the console, so you can view them from anywhere (like the Smartglass app).

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Yea I totally agree.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I think Sony went more the social website sharing route. Like you upload a clip to Facebook and have your friends view it there. Where that's not so good is if you either don't use Facebook or don't have your gamer friends as your "real" friends on social sites.

MWright469

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 MWright469
Member since 2014 • 168 Posts

Why can't people just be happy playing games anymore? I didn't need to "send my friends video clips" 15 years ago, I don't need to do it now. Extra features are great but this is hardly an issue.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I don't have many actual friends that game so the sharing part is pointless for ME.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@mwright469 said:

Why can't people just be happy playing games anymore? I didn't need to "send my friends video clips" 15 years ago, I don't need to do it now. Extra features are great but this is hardly an issue.

It is just a nice extra feature, not mandatory by any means.

But Sonys sharing tools are not great at the moment, so they might as well make them better. Also, it's not like they are taking people off of game projects to make sharing tools.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@Terrencec06 said:

I don't have many actual friends that game so the sharing part is pointless for ME.

well you can share with us you dbag :P

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Facebook interface / use still eludes me, but I guess to watch your feed one has to know your name so not every people around will find your page, so being practical, only your "friends" will see what's on your page, and anyway you can choose for each item if you want only your friends to see it.

I guess there's a way to send a link to your PSN friends of the videos you posted, or warn them to check your Facebook wall.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Well it's about time Sony started doing something with that whats happening on playstation section, i don't need to see a massive list of who's playing what and who's achieved what, I want it to be more of a facebook encounter than just a list and this is where the video's should be put. hopefully people know which bit i'm talking about, not at my ps4 so can't think what it's called.

Totally Agree tho

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

Platform comparisons are not allowed. This forum is for Playstation products discussion exclusively.