Once KZ2 Online is played for one or two hours is it back to COD?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SGTiD1NG0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SGTiD1NG0
Member since 2008 • 1727 Posts

I want a better online experience this time round so if I got Killzone would I be finished with the online in a hour or two with just boredom and go back to Call of Duty?

lolfaqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lolfaqs
Member since 2009 • 1776 Posts

I started playing KZ 2 since release day. I played through the campaign first and got to the last zerg encounter before the final boss before I took a break to try out the online. I've been playing online ever since, and I'm still not maxed out. I need about 3 more medals and the top 2 weekly ranks. After I get those, I'm going back through the campaign to beat it on veteran and then again on elite and get all the trophies along the way. The online is pretty long, and DLC is on the way, hopefully by the time I finish all of what I described. :D

Avatar image for gerard-williams
gerard-williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gerard-williams
Member since 2006 • 359 Posts
I cant say if you will or not? but since I started playing killzone 2 online I havent touched call of duty.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

kz2 does not play like call of duty...so if you're looking for a similar cod run n gun game then kz2 isn't for you....its more deliberate...you have to be a bit more careful...

i still switch off between the 2....i like kz2's match format...but i suck right now so when i get a little frustrated, i go back to cod...and all is well. you can still do both

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

I want a better online experience this time round so if I got Killzone would I be finished with the online in a hour or two with just boredom and go back to Call of Duty?

SGTiD1NG0

yep

IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IAmDazzle
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts

Depends on you man. I love the two personally. I just have a tendency to drift to COD4 a lot because it is just so much fun and I have friends on it (XBL that is). But KZ2 is a blast. It took me a bit to get used to how it plays, and there are a lot of those Halo 3 style kill lags where you may kill someone but the lag gives them another second to get you back.

Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts
It depends on your play style, killzone is slower paced (due to the controls) so it relies less on reaction time. But the battles can be even more intense with the amount of people firing. Even if it's not up your alley it's still worth more than a few hours, but COD is still the king for me.
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

SGTiD1NG0

Sorry but how would we know that? We're all different gamers, aren't we?

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
not for me as i sold cod ages ago.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
[QUOTE="jsmoke03"]

kz2 does not play like call of duty...so if you're looking for a similar cod run n gun game then kz2 isn't for you....its more deliberate...you have to be a bit more careful...

i still switch off between the 2....i like kz2's match format...but i suck right now so when i get a little frustrated, i go back to cod...and all is well. you can still do both

i agree kz2 is a great game u wont get bored with it one bit
Meemtyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Meemtyke
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
For me, KZ2 >> COD 4 (so, 5 also...)
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

In KZ2 you wouldn't even have unlocked extra ammo in 2 hours lol much less all of the classes and ribbons for each.

Licisproperty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Licisproperty
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

I personally like Killzone 2 online play better because it doesn't take long to find a match and you can quickly move up thru the ranks.

url=http://ps3trophycard.com/profile/licisproperty] [/url

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

COD4 got boring for me. CoD WaW was good but now it's boring as well since i've been playing Killzone 2. WaW is too easy I dominate too easily and it's just not that fun KZ2 for me is sooo refreshing from the COD i used to play. I think that the levelling is quick if you play a lot but I mean the game has substance especially trying to get all the trophies and such, plus it's fun and will evolve even more later on with DLC.