On Killzone 2 Hype...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts
Please don't flame me, but I don't really understand what the big hype about Killzone 2 is all about. I thought Killzone was ok at best, and gamespot only gave it a 6.9. Why is everyone so excited about this?
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
I'm not :|
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Because they liked the first one or think the sequel looks great.:?

I don't know since I'm not hyped for it.

ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ck02623
Anybody?
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts

Great trailer.....

Really, it's hyped cause it's a first party game that Sony used to hype the PS3. That's why people like it, cause Sony told them to like it.

D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts

Please don't flame me, but I don't really understand what the big hype about Killzone 2 is all about. I thought Killzone was ok at best, and gamespot only gave it a 6.9. Why is everyone so excited about this?ck02623

HMM how curious... People thinking a game looks good or those who liked the original (which you most likely haven't played like almost all of the other complainers of the hype. Don't read the hype threads! SIMPLE ZOMG

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Great trailer.....

Really, it's hyped cause it's a first party game that Sony used to hype the PS3. That's why people like it, cause Sony told them to like it.

Hulabaloza
But I don't like it.:? Does this mean Sony's gonna :o-........................................................
savinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 savinger
Member since 2007 • 1309 Posts
bc we like anything thats exclusive! and hope like hell that its good so we can point and laugh at the 360 owners, while the wii kicks everyones arse
MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts

Actually, I wouldn't say the first Killzone is any indication as to how KZ2 is gonna turn out. KZ2 has about 4x the amount of people working on it and probably 50x the budget. The obvious amount of money Sony is sinking into the game is the reason people hype it (even if they don't know that's the reason). From the gameplay footage we have seen, it's currently the best looking console game on the horizon (I will guess that FFXIII and Versus will look better, but we only have a brief look at a fight from XIII so far).

Amazing graphics and the fact that it's a FPS...if you don't see why it's getting hype just based on those two things (whether you are hyped for it or not), you haven't been around video games much the last year or so. Add to those two things the huge budget, the absolutely awesome lighting demonstrated, great physics and promises made about varying locales, and I'm pretty excited about it. It's in my top 5 anyway (1. FFXIII and Versus, 2. MGS4, 3. KZ2, 4. Resistance 2, 5. LBP...so guess top 6 really ;) ).

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

KZ2 got its hype after the very first trailer was shown. It looked amazing and made jaws drop to the ground.

Timmeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Timmeus
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts
I liked the first one a lot but I don't really hype any games just forward to them.
True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts
First of all, don't use gamespot as credibility....secondly, just wait to the game come out.
haesuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 haesuse
Member since 2007 • 739 Posts

couple of points that u didnt clearly research. also seems to me that u havent really gotten into KZ as well.

So lets begin. Since when do GS reviews matter? these guys create probably second worst reviews in the industry, with only worse being the G4 crap. KZ was very ambitious, clever game. Additionaly it had an awesome story, and some very new or never beofre seen game mechanics.

Given those factors, the power of PS3, ludacris budget they have now, KZ2 should get massive buzz. Probably second only to SOCOM: Conf. and SOCOM 4 respectively, and that being more or less due to hordes of rabid online play fans such as myself. The thing is very much the same as with RFOM. I found it rock solid, but not amazing. However it was a setup and a stepping stone for a sequel of epic proportions, which is now in motion.

You see, simple minded ppl (such as those that marvel at a 3rd game in the series as one of the greatest shooters ever, while the game is actualy a prettier clone of the 1st two installation, which have also just been simple overrated, and somehow manage to pit it against a classic such as CoD4 and than flip out for losing the battle in the GoTY race) dont have a say so in these matters. Innovation, originality, quality is what drives good games, and if someone like GS gives a trash review, it still doesnt change the voice of those that matter, ie. the gamer. Media writes to earn paychecks, we make or break the games, buy choosing to buy them or not. (Also KZ sold VERY well)

I can give u dozens of examples of multiplatinum games that GS gave 7-8 on the scorecard. So do yourself a favor, learn to appriciate good things in life, read more and get a mind of your own!

one more thing, dont say "dont flame me please". no ofense man, i dont know you, but topics like this are just useless trolling and you are just asking for it! and if u dont wanna feel flamed, take this rather as an advice than!

gowthamspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 gowthamspa
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
I am exited about this game.
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Please don't flame me, but I don't really understand what the big hype about Killzone 2 is all about. I thought Killzone was ok at best, and gamespot only gave it a 6.9. Why is everyone so excited about this?ck02623

Because Killzone and Killzone 2 are two different games! :P

But seriously, and on a broader level, I don't even understand the concept of hype. I've seen so many threads titled "Why ________ doesn't get any hype?" or something like that and I just don't get it. Why should anybody praise an unreleased product they never even touched and "pitch it" to the whole world? As costumers, isn't that putting too much confidence in the manufacturers/developers' hands? I'm asking you! I personally sure feel like it is.

A game's developer has to let me judge its product by myself, however glittering its pedigree may be. If I like the game, THEN I will recommend it. But they sure as hell won't "buy" me with trailers or gameplay videos! I may be excited for an upcoming game but never will you see me swear by the developer's name.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

Its about a guy that goes and meets up with this dude Named Snake. lol Snake than goes and sees A place called the Haze. They pull together A RESISTANCE for the second time. And with this Final Fantasy, they win over the world via Killzoneing it.

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts
honestly killzone 1 was my favorite FPS until COD4 came out! (yes i have played halo and many other FPS) There is something about that game that makes it so different, i must have beaten it like 4 or 5 times! And killzone 2 is day one buy for me, its one of the main reasons i choose ps3
csqwared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 csqwared
Member since 2005 • 986 Posts
I love the story, and the characters. Developement in Killzone 2 makes it seem like it will rule all games, and that trailer really started a Killzone uprising :P, now everyone wants it. Really to me it seems like alot of the KZ2 hype went away, people have been fairly quiet about it on these forums at least.
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts
Not really "hyped" for Killzone 2, but it looks great nonetheless. Gameplay was shown and it looks awesome. The hype is probably coming from the amount of money, time and people working on it. This is gonna be one of Sony's flagship games like Halo 3 was to 360. So when more info about Killzone 2 is released, expect more hype. That is how the industry works.
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I liked the first one , and based on the gameplay footage shown this one looks a lot better so my anticipation has risen.

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
First was just kinda ok in my opinion. I'm not too hyped for 2 as I am for mgs4. But like Kamu said It looks beautiful.
pwner1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pwner1
Member since 2006 • 1019 Posts
I expect it to be a boring, average FPS that offers nothing interesting.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
Im looking for it, but its not on par with other games imo. I loved the first one and liberation, and I liked the story, and I guess thats what Im looking for the most-
jaredrichards3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jaredrichards3
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

just the traliors of the game have created the hype and if you watch them you can't help but be exited especially if the game is as good as we have seen in the previews.

Sony and it's fans (like us) have wanted a big budget exclusive shooter for a while to match other successful exclusives such as halo. and come to think of it it's about time too. after all it's the exclusives such as gears of war halo, mgs and gt5 that make the difference between consoles.

i just hope it lives up to the expectation, the ps3 is the more powerful system so if done properly killzone could be the halo destroyer, but thats easier said than done. cod4 has really raised the bar now, but that still has some issues with online matchmaking etc where as halo got it right with halo 2 which was what 4 years ago?

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
Played Killzone Liberation? There's your answer. They listened to the problems people had with Killzone and fixed them. It turned out quite well
Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts
I think its hyped because people see it as Sony's answer to the overhyped Halo series. I hope it's good, and expect a lot from it, but I'm not hyping it as such, so I can only give you my thoughts.
Avatar image for ThrillhouseLive
ThrillhouseLive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ThrillhouseLive
Member since 2003 • 860 Posts
I don't like the kill zone universe. I find it too generic and grey. But the trailers make this game look really sharp.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

i am looking forward for this game... I cant say am 100% sure but got a feeling it will turn out to be an amazing FPS...

can't wait for KZ2 and RFOM 2 :)

ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ck02623

couple of points that u didnt clearly research. also seems to me that u havent really gotten into KZ as well.

So lets begin. Since when do GS reviews matter? these guys create probably second worst reviews in the industry, with only worse being the G4 crap. KZ was very ambitious, clever game. Additionaly it had an awesome story, and some very new or never beofre seen game mechanics.

Given those factors, the power of PS3, ludacris budget they have now, KZ2 should get massive buzz. Probably second only to SOCOM: Conf. and SOCOM 4 respectively, and that being more or less due to hordes of rabid online play fans such as myself. The thing is very much the same as with RFOM. I found it rock solid, but not amazing. However it was a setup and a stepping stone for a sequel of epic proportions, which is now in motion.

You see, simple minded ppl (such as those that marvel at a 3rd game in the series as one of the greatest shooters ever, while the game is actualy a prettier clone of the 1st two installation, which have also just been simple overrated, and somehow manage to pit it against a classic such as CoD4 and than flip out for losing the battle in the GoTY race) dont have a say so in these matters. Innovation, originality, quality is what drives good games, and if someone like GS gives a trash review, it still doesnt change the voice of those that matter, ie. the gamer. Media writes to earn paychecks, we make or break the games, buy choosing to buy them or not. (Also KZ sold VERY well)

I can give u dozens of examples of multiplatinum games that GS gave 7-8 on the scorecard. So do yourself a favor, learn to appriciate good things in life, read more and get a mind of your own!

one more thing, dont say "dont flame me please". no ofense man, i dont know you, but topics like this are just useless trolling and you are just asking for it! and if u dont wanna feel flamed, take this rather as an advice than!

haesuse

Please don't flame me, I was just freaking curious. Your condescension is not needed, I just wanted to know why everybody was looking forward to this; I am not a troll so please find someone else to look down upon.

captainhowdy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 captainhowdy23
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts

[QUOTE="ck02623"]Please don't flame me, but I don't really understand what the big hype about Killzone 2 is all about. I thought Killzone was ok at best, and gamespot only gave it a 6.9. Why is everyone so excited about this?truenextgen

Its about a guy that goes and meets up with this dude Named Snake. lol Snake than goes and sees A place called the Haze. They pull together A RESISTANCE for the second time. And with this Final Fantasy, they win over the world via Killzoneing it.

Nice one lol.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts
[QUOTE="haesuse"]

ck02623

Please don't flame me, I was just freaking curious. Your condescension is not needed, I just wanted to know why everybody was looking forward to this; I am not a troll so please find someone else to look down upon.

They say curiosity killed the cat, or something along side those lines. :)

fuzzy_hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 fuzzy_hippo
Member since 2007 • 186 Posts

i really liked the trailer for it. the Graphics are amazing and the gameplay mechanics look good. I didnt play the first one but myfreind says its pretty good so hopefully they learn from thhier mistakes and make a kick ass game.