Old Ps3 Broke..how can I deactivate it so I can download movies?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spliffchillum
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

On my new PS3, when I go to System Activation under Games, it says the current system is activated, so I can re-download all my games.

when I try to activate the new PS3 for Videos, it tells me that I have to deactivate the old system first..this is obviously impossible because it wont even turn on..wtf?

spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 spliffchillum

This has got to be the dumbest f-ing method of DRM i've ever seen a company do. If Sony even tries to charge me $150 and wants me to send in my broke PS3, I'll be talking to my lawyer.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
same happened to my original 60 gig. You have to call SOny and they will deactivate it on their end.
spliffchillum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 spliffchillum

Why can I deactivate the old system for game downloads? I've re-downloaded all my old games.. is that because I can download games multiple times and videos only once? and what happens if I send in my Ps3 to a third party repair shop, they reflow it and it works.. will i not be able to play any of those videos?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
This is why you don't game share, why does it matter. If you honestly go through 6 ps3 just find another hobby.
brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brotherreese
Member since 2003 • 1049 Posts

I'm not sure, but try pulling the hard drive from the old system, and try it in the new one for de-activation and re-formating.

Also might wanna try going to playstation.com, access your account and see if you can de-activate it there.

BabblePhish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BabblePhish
Member since 2003 • 455 Posts

I'm not sure, but try pulling the hard drive from the old system, and try it in the new one for de-activation and re-formating.

Also might wanna try going to playstation.com, access your account and see if you can de-activate it there.

brotherreese
This won't work. I have tried. The only way to deactivate an account from a broken system is to contact SONY. I have had to do this a few times. It is a simple process and SONY doesn't resist. The worst part is being on hold. Depending on what time you call, it should be a 15-30min process