Okay are Call of Duty's servers bad or is it my connection?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#1 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Ok I am getting sick and tired of these constant problems I run in when playing CoD WaW online. First of all, I can never join matches with my friends anymore. It worked the first time when I got invited by a friend, not too many problems except for sometimes an error message came up. But now EVERY SINGLE time that happens "error, could not join game session" or "connect something blah blah timeout". So now I can't get a friend in my party or join their match and I'm getting really tired of it happening because they send several invites anyways even after I tell them idk what's going on.

Second of all I get the "connection interupted" thing while in the middle of a match oftentimes. And I'm pretty sure that's just me getting disconnected because it's not the "this match ended because of poor connection quality of the host". No the Connection Interrupted is where is like spazzes out and my guy starts like square dancing.

So yeah that's about it I don't know what to blame. I know people have some problems but I feel I'm getting smacked around online more than most people.

Some basic information about my connect:

100% connection at all times

****** N router with WEP key

Type 2 connection, but on my last connection test it said something about missing IP fragments and communication online may be restricted or something

Router is on channel 6 if that means anything.

I'm not sure whats abled and disabled tell me if that effects anything...

Sorry that was ridiculously long, but any help would be nice.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

I also got that IP Fragments message .. but I think it's mostly for communication (Headsets), so that shouldn't be the issue ..

Go to www.speedtest.net and run a test .. post your results ..

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SoNin360
from my PS3? I've done one and gotten 12.5MB download and like 5MB upload, which is faster than the other computer's connections in the same network lol.
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

from my PS3? I've done one and gotten 12.5MB download and like 5MB upload, which is faster than the other computer's connections in the same network lol.SoNin360

Yes from the PS3 .. so 12000KB download and 5000KB upload, well that's pretty good .. you should have no problems ..

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SoNin360

[QUOTE="SoNin360"]from my PS3? I've done one and gotten 12.5MB download and like 5MB upload, which is faster than the other computer's connections in the same network lol.CanadianCR

Yes from the PS3 .. so 12000KB download and 5000KB upload, well that's pretty good .. you should have no problems ..

So I guess my main problem could be the match joining thing, could it have anything to do with the security settings? Also I get disconnected from the PSN sometimes, and I notice on my computer that the connection just randomly says it's "now connected"
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

apparently channel 6 is the worst channel to play online on, other than that i dont know.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SoNin360

apparently channel 6 is the worst channel to play online on, other than that i dont know.

supa_badman
Is it really? I don't know what the channels do, but I think I've heard it's better to play on 1 or 11... at least thats what i heard for the Wii. Seems like it is automatically set on 6, I don't know how to change it but I can probably get the person in charge to do so...
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 supa_badman
[QUOTE="SoNin360"][QUOTE="supa_badman"]

Is it really? I don't know what the channels do, but I think I've heard it's better to play on 1 or 11... at least thats what i heard for the Wii. Seems like it is automatically set on 6, I don't know how to change it but I can probably get the person in charge to do so...

what i do sometimes is turn off the router turn it back on and it switches channels
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SoNin360
[QUOTE="SoNin360"][QUOTE="supa_badman"]

supa_badman

what i do sometimes is turn off the router turn it back on and it switches channels

So it's not something you just set? Oh and I forgot to mention the modem, we have Cox... so if that also meens anything I've heard people say bad things about Cox...
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 supa_badman

maybe

i use a different modem so i dont know much about cox

[spoiler] hee hee...cox. [/spoiler]

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SoNin360
Still looking for a little more info anyone. Like how does CoD play for any of ya? Anyone else having trouble joining matches or whatever?
White_Wolf21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 White_Wolf21
Member since 2003 • 3312 Posts

Still looking for a little more info anyone. Like how does CoD play for any of ya? Anyone else having trouble joining matches or whatever?SoNin360
I had no problems yesturday. I went online for about 40 min today and the host kept ending the game due to poor connection. I'm pretty sure it's the servers because COD4 played just fine for me today or any other time I go on.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SoNin360

[QUOTE="SoNin360"]Still looking for a little more info anyone. Like how does CoD play for any of ya? Anyone else having trouble joining matches or whatever?White_Wolf21

I had no problems yesturday. I went online for about 40 min today and the host kept ending the game due to poor connection. I'm pretty sure it's the servers because COD4 played just fine for me today or any other time I go on.

So does anyone else have problems joining a match with someone else? That's still something I can't do for some reason and I get the error message each time no matter who it is. Other than that I think I'm okay, but when you are in the middle of a match and the "connection interrupted" thing happens, it's only happening to you right? If so, my connection may indeed just suck.
brian6751

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 brian6751
Member since 2003 • 2993 Posts
About the channels. 1 channel is not necessarily better. The channels are frequencies and the best one depends on what frequencies other devices around you are using that could interfere with the wireless. signal. These interruptions are usually from cordless phones but are increasingly from electrical signals from florescent light bulbs, wireless speakers, or other electronics. Pay attention to what things are running when your connection drops and try different channels to see what ones work better. I know my wireless speakers knock down my signal no matter what channel I switch to so......
Lemonbits629

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lemonbits629
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

I think it is because the COD servers are put together like crap they don't keep the game going because the game automatically chooses who is in control so if that person leaves it doesn't even bother finding a new host. Kz2 and R2 atre good examples for servers. For party joining both of you just sign out and sign back in using the XMB that should help.

Solid_Cipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Solid_Cipher
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
I totally stopped with cod, besides Modern Warfare 2 better have a new engine in their gamelay or infanity ward aint getting my money. Now Im currently playing KZ2 and R2 so I dont need COD.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

COD is not really known for there server quality. The p2p servers of COD4 was the worst part of the game for me.

B-L-I-N-G-A-H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 B-L-I-N-G-A-H
Member since 2008 • 410 Posts

call of duty waw dont use servers lol, its us, we connect to other people who host games, say if you went to find a game, and it suddenly makes you a host coz it cant find any available games, well people connect to you wen yyou when you become the host

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SoNin360

call of duty waw dont use servers lol, its us, we connect to other people who host games, say if you went to find a game, and it suddenly makes you a host coz it cant find any available games, well people connect to you wen yyou when you become the host

B-L-I-N-G-A-H
well i always hear about Call of Duty's "servers", but i kinda know about the host thing it's kind of stupid especially when their connection sucks or they just decide to end the game.
About the channels. 1 channel is not necessarily better. The channels are frequencies and the best one depends on what frequencies other devices around you are using that could interfere with the wireless. signal. These interruptions are usually from cordless phones but are increasingly from electrical signals from florescent light bulbs, wireless speakers, or other electronics. Pay attention to what things are running when your connection drops and try different channels to see what ones work better. I know my wireless speakers knock down my signal no matter what channel I switch to so...... brian6751
My room is really small I have my PS3, 19 inch LCD HDTV, and computer all really close to each other. There are usually objects close to my PS3 too, but I don't really think the connection is being interfered with because the router is a room directly below the PS3 and it's always 100%. So it must be something about our router, could it be that it is an N model or should I blame the modem?