OK so whos Pi**ed about the 40 gig hardware?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkHandlez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkHandlez
Member since 2007 • 356 Posts

Those of us who already bought a ps3 are kinda gettin screwed since the new 40 gig runs on less power. Who knows, maybe after another year all of us who have 20, 60, and 80 gig ps3s could have overheating issues (Just thinking of possibilities). We pay moreand couldget screwed by the hardware in the future unlike the cheaper 40 gig that runs on less power. Probably won't happen, but just thinking about it.Who's a little concerned since the ps3 is supposivily a reliable system? If the ps3 is already reliable why would they change it besides cutting costs?

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
Boo Hoo. Trade yours in for a 40 gig.
balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts

Those of us who already bought a ps3 are kinda gettin screwed since the new 40 gig runs on less power. Who knows, maybe after another year all of us who have 20, 60, and 80 gig ps3s could have overheating issues (Just thinking of possibilities). We pay moreand couldget screwed by the hardware in the future unlike the cheaper 40 gig that runs on less power. Probably won't happen, but just thinking about it.Who's a little concerned since the ps3 is supposivily a reliable system? If the ps3 is already reliable why would they change it besides cutting costs?

DarkHandlez

Hey at least your PS3 plays PS2 and PS1 games. The 40gb doesnt so their is a upside and a downside. They are cutting cost just like the did with the PS2. Look how tiny the PS2 is now compared to when it was first released. It is just business. Quit crying now.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts
early adopters curse. u werent expecting sony to just stand still with improving the innards from a power use and heat point of veiw were u? chances are ure PS3 wont overheat....PS3 are knows to be very reliable. no need to get all annoyed about it...its not a big deal.
dbzfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 dbzfreak
Member since 2003 • 6223 Posts
I think this is the first thread where the creator is actually complaining because of the power difference between the 40 Gig model and the rest of the models. Most posts on the 40 Gig are complaining about how stripped of features it is. I'm quite happy with the 60 Gig model I have. :)
B1ACK_MAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 B1ACK_MAGE
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
You'd rather have it use less power than have BC?
coolguy681

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 coolguy681
Member since 2006 • 1353 Posts

DarkHandlez

well ppl with 20gb and 60gb get BC so i couldnt care less.

dbzfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 dbzfreak
Member since 2003 • 6223 Posts
You'd rather have it use less power than have BC?B1ACK_MAGE
Yeah, I think that is the only thing really worth getting fussy over with the 40 Gig models.
wilko1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wilko1971
Member since 2007 • 299 Posts

This article may put your minds to rest about the PS3 overheating

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/ps3cansurviveextremeconditions.shtml

-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 -oG-ShAdY
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts

I second that. Would you rather it use a few less Watts of power then play PS2 and PS titles? You do realize that just taking the power consumption down doesn't translate into greater reliability?

justin_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 justin_06
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts
are you kidding me? This will get more people to buy a PS3. It is Sony's job to keep evolving their new system. Im not pissed that i bought a launch PS2, and then they came out with a slimmer one. its just part of what Sony does, and they are damn good at it.
haseeb_1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 haseeb_1989
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
Umm my 60 gig has more space plus we can look rich by saying we were some of the first people to buy a ps3.
ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ScottEFresh
Member since 2003 • 1574 Posts
Ya although it would be nice to have lower power consumption thats what you get for having more features and being an early adopter, thats what happens. I'm happy with my 60GB...wait no I'm not...I'm in love with it!
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

DarkHandlez
Um first off who cares I have the 60gb which has the emotion chipset in inside so I happy. Overheating issues if yourPS3 hasn't overheated why would is all of a sudden start. The PS3is a a reliable system you don't hear about hardware failure a hundred times a day. And duh you answered your on question to cut cost and expand there user base.
foxbait95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 foxbait95
Member since 2005 • 694 Posts
who cares? this sounds a bit silly , did you think they would never lower the cost? implement new tech as it comes? i doubt any1 besides you really cares, i know i dont.
argargarg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 argargarg1
Member since 2005 • 2573 Posts
Can't wait until you run out and get a 40 and realize you want to play some of your older PS2 games
osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Is this a joke?

They only changed it to cut costs.

mfarris2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mfarris2006
Member since 2005 • 335 Posts
I am not pissed, I am actually going to get a second PS3 so I can have a blu-ray player and since it is quiter and I hate when the fan comes on when I am watching a movie. I will just get a bigger hard drive like I did for my 60 gig. I changed my 60 gig for a 220 gig. I have no problem with the 40 gig and I actually look forward to it.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
what is there to be mad about? who cares about a whopping 70 watts. Not I.
thageneral3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thageneral3
Member since 2007 • 1929 Posts
I don't pay the electric bill, even if I did, I wouldn't care. It gets hot, who cares, It won't overheat. There was an experiment done, it played in a 120 degree sauna for 108 straight hours, and was fine during and after the experiment
lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts

Why should I?

I AM enjoying my PS3, and it's a good news to motivate more potential buyers to join the PS3 family. The bigger the PS3 user base is, the better chances more exclusive AA and AAA games will show up on the PS3. I'll benefit from this move.

I just can't understand why there are ppl care about this. I DID NOT invest my $600 to keep the money from depriciation hoping I can get profit from the value increment someday. I paid for the PS3 system to get entertainment and my goal is achieved. 'Nough said.

-Jashan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Jashan-
Member since 2007 • 401 Posts
y do ppl complain about the power?? but 60g is the best of them all so far
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

Stop complaining, do sometin bout it..

I mean im happy wit mine...60 gig..woop dee doo..Wat a bit less pwer consumption, less slots and less memory + NO BC..

Thanks but no thanks, imo the NEGATIVES outweigh the positives..

munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts
its ok my 60 gig ps3 will save me on heating costs.:P
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
O_o you're complaining about that? first for everything lol
Sora311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sora311
Member since 2006 • 661 Posts
umm i read that is is quieter, and cooler, but i didn't think about it negatively one bit.
oldskooler79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 oldskooler79
Member since 2004 • 1632 Posts

While I understand the point your trying to make.. to me it sounds illogical and dumb. Obviously if someone has the cash to spend on a PS3, must already own a PS2 which he/she can use. Let me also point out that so far PS2 games play a tincy wincy bit smoother and look better on my plasma via PS2 through component versus PS3 through HDMI. I know that sounds strange, but it's just the way it is for me. The images seem too clean, like a slight haze effect or either I see more pixels. I'm such a videophile that yes.. I can see the difference. It's better to use the component output on your PS2. I'm one of those guys who complains about a mediocre Blu-ray transfer and own the Sony 34XBR960 so uh, yeah. Next...

2-3 years down the road after your PS3 has seen lots of gametime and possibly some abuse along with changes in the environment, weather, etc then one would gladly appreciate having a 65nm cpu. Why would you not want a more efficient Cell processor is beyond me. I'm guessing the newer 40gig PS3's will have a 1 in 3 chances of holding up longer under years of heavy gaming. I don't know about you but.. I'm a serious gamer and demand the best.

I have the 60gig unit but you don't see me crying about lack of b/c on the new units. I paid well over $600 at launch to play and look forward to PS3 titles. Besides, in a couple years this whole arguement won't hold up much at all when hundreds more games are released. Ppl will have moved on by then and what will matter more is whether or not your hardware is up to par. Your 60gig model may very well hold up 10 years, who knows?

If I were to buy one now, I'de snatch up a 40 gig and swap the hd out for like a 200gig and could be damn sure not looking forward to seeing Tekken 4 or MGS3 on it. But that's just me.