Official Killzone 3 thread -- Keep it all here!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#1 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Because you all are making way too many Killzone 3 threads -- which is understandable given the circumstances -- we've elected to limit all discussion to here to keep this from becoming an unofficial Killzone 3 board of sorts. Usual rules apply: stay civil, follow the rules (those being the ones outlined in the Terms of Use and those specific to the board), and you'll be fine.

Here's some of the reviews that have surfaced:

GameSpot - 8.5: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/killzone3/review.html

GameTrailers - 9.4: http://www.gametrailers.com/gamereview.php?id=13260

CVG - 8.5: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/286980/reviews/killzone-3-review/

1UP - B+: http://www.1up.com/reviews/killzone-3-review

Eurogamer - 8.0: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-03-killzone-3-review

Joystiq - 3.5: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/03/killzone-3-review/

The open beta is now out, with a single-player demo hitting on the 16th (same day the beta ends, I think), so feel free to start posting your impressions! Let's get some discussion going!

demoman314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 demoman314
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts

Gamesradars

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/killzone-3/review/killzone-3-review/a-20110203201154860083/g-20100322135430902061

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
I give this thread a 7/10 :P.
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#4 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

I give this thread a 7/10 :P.johny300

Aw c'mon. This thread deserves at least an 8.5.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
Anyone know if the open beta is finished code? Because it already seems to have improved quite a bit over the closed beta (or was it an alpha? i forget)
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

looking forward to see the 3d effect compared to black ops . anyone here tried it yet in 3d ?

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

After playing the demo for a good while, and knowing its just a demo, so far I can say that it really feels like Killzone 2.5. All the classes are the same, have the same abilities (with a few very minor tweeks), the modes are the same, your gun selection is about the same and it really looks the same as KZ2.

I know Killzone rides on its graphics, but I really don't notice a big difference, which would be fine if there was some sort of gimmick, but its your standard FPS and definatley deserves its 8-8.5 rating. Its not the drastic change we saw from Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2, or from MGS3 to MGS4, this is the same package just wrapped up a tiny bit nicer.

The only notable differences is the melee system, the unlocks via point purchase, and the medic bot. Everything else could have been implemented via patch because the changes are so minor.

I think the new cut scenes that show players in them are a nice touch. The perks got a little fine tuned, and that's a nice touch too...but these little alterations are just that; little...which is why IMO (and knowing its just a beta) it feels like KZ2.5 and should be worth $32 not $64.

Ubersoldat87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Ubersoldat87
Member since 2004 • 1269 Posts

Is there move support for the open beta?

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

Is there move support for the open beta?

Ubersoldat87

It gives the warning that you must have enough space, so I guess it does.

Ubersoldat87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ubersoldat87

I have tried the move now and its really awsome. I'm racking up the kills to the 30s and is in top 3 in all games!

Finally a fps done right with motion controls

risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

I've downloaded the Killzone 3 multiplayer BETA on PSN. I manage to get in the game but my PS3 crashes randomly.

Are you also having this problem? or is it just me?

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#13 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
I hate waiting, I'm playing the Beta at the moment and I really want the full game. Sniping is so satisfying and I loved how they changed the "bullet sponge" from Killzone II.
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JasonDarksavior

I have tried the move now and its really awsome. I'm racking up the kills to the 30s and is in top 3 in all games!

Finally a fps done right with motion controls

Ubersoldat87
Of course. It's exclusive therefore the developers actually spent time developing it for Move properly.
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
I can't even connect, this is ridiculous.
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
[QUOTE="Ninja_Zombie83"]

After playing the demo for a good while, and knowing its just a demo, so far I can say that it really feels like Killzone 2.5. All the classes are the same, have the same abilities (with a few very minor tweeks), the modes are the same, your gun selection is about the same and it really looks the same as KZ2.

I know Killzone rides on its graphics, but I really don't notice a big difference, which would be fine if there was some sort of gimmick, but its your standard FPS and definatley deserves its 8-8.5 rating. Its not the drastic change we saw from Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2, or from MGS3 to MGS4, this is the same package just wrapped up a tiny bit nicer.

The only notable differences is the melee system, the unlocks via point purchase, and the medic bot. Everything else could have been implemented via patch because the changes are so minor.

I think the new cut scenes that show players in them are a nice touch. The perks got a little fine tuned, and that's a nice touch too...but these little alterations are just that; little...which is why IMO (and knowing its just a beta) it feels like KZ2.5 and should be worth $32 not $64.

I tend to disagree with you. I think the entire game is fully revamped. I also want to point out that we are only seeing a very small fraction of the whole game. From bigger and more vast environments, refined controls, jetpacks, large scale action sequences, vehicles, new game mode and maps, move support, and 3D support, K3 does offer a lot more over Killzone 2. I guarantee that Killzone 3's graphics are a lot better than the already amazing Killzone 2, just wait until you see it in its full release.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#17 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
After leaving my PS3 on for five hours in the North America matchmaking, it didn't work. But I was also watching SportsCenter, and when that guitar part came on it sounded pretty awesome.
Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Nerkle01
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts
Does anyone notice how the first time you connect it's flawless but then when u exit the game, or reset your system, it never reconnects? Like WTF? It's kind of annoying. But the beta is very enjoyable and satisfying.
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

http://ps3.nowgamer.com/news/5130/killzone-3-campaign-45-hours-long-proof?io=8#

Apperantly the SP campaign is only 4.5 hours, about 5.5 hours with cutscenes...(which suck)

As someone who doesn't care about this MP this is a big dissapointment. A rental.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
Well, from what I played it was somewhat fun and somewhat disappointing. I do believe it's really lacking that special something to make feel like a new game compared to Killzone 2. However, my question is how is the beta so broken yet these reviewers were able to review to the "full" game's multiplayer?
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

http://ps3.nowgamer.com/news/5130/killzone-3-campaign-45-hours-long-proof?io=8#

Apperantly the SP campaign is only 4.5 hours, about 5.5 hours with cutscenes...(which suck)

As someone who doesn't care about this MP this is a big dissapointment. A rental.

GeneralShowzer

well, from Guerilla's Twitter "That '4.5 hours' number is a misunderstanding of the 'best time' stat; normal playthrough time (including deaths) is 8-11 hours."

ZackkWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZackkWild
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I honestly love the multiplayer here, and that is as far as my opinion can go because i have not had the chance to play single player... i will admit this game does have a killzone 2 feel... but guess what guys?... black ops has a modern warfare 2 feel, megaman 2 has a megaman feel... this is not always a bad thing, you may think that from what you have seen from the beta that there is not much different from killzone 2, but to be honest it feels the same yet it also makes call of duty kids, and or bad company kids right at home which is something i felt killzone 2 didnt do... now im not saying that call of duty is a GREAT game... but its online multiplayer is top notch when it comes to first person shooters, that is if you can get over all to bull crap... but this game seems a whole lot more fun then both killzone 2's MP... and it honestly is more fun to play than call of duty... why?... because it gives you the gritty killzone 2 feel with the great graphics in all its glory... but at the same time it plays alot more like the fps games that many people are used to... that could be a bad thing in some peoples eyes but in mine and many others it is a godsend, because honestly killzone 2 has always seemed so different that it was very hard to get used to... this game was easy to get the hang of... keep in mind that there are MANY things to come within the full game... this is only a small slice of that delicious pie.
ZackkWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ZackkWild
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i also really hate the fact that it takes so damn long to connect after the first time playing with all the errors and stuff in the beta... this better not be in the full game
sergemyster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sergemyster8
Member since 2006 • 1749 Posts
Disappointed in the reviews but still getting it.
Ubersoldat87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ubersoldat87

I honestly love the multiplayer here, and that is as far as my opinion can go because i have not had the chance to play single player... i will admit this game does have a killzone 2 feel... but guess what guys?... black ops has a modern warfare 2 feel, megaman 2 has a megaman feel... this is not always a bad thing, you may think that from what you have seen from the beta that there is not much different from killzone 2, but to be honest it feels the same yet it also makes call of duty kids, and or bad company kids right at home which is something i felt killzone 2 didnt do... now im not saying that call of duty is a GREAT game... but its online multiplayer is top notch when it comes to first person shooters, that is if you can get over all to bull crap... but this game seems a whole lot more fun then both killzone 2's MP... and it honestly is more fun to play than call of duty... why?... because it gives you the gritty killzone 2 feel with the great graphics in all its glory... but at the same time it plays alot more like the fps games that many people are used to... that could be a bad thing in some peoples eyes but in mine and many others it is a godsend, because honestly killzone 2 has always seemed so different that it was very hard to get used to... this game was easy to get the hang of... keep in mind that there are MANY things to come within the full game... this is only a small slice of that delicious pie.ZackkWild

please god, write in sections. I wont read that wall of text

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

How does everyone like the open beta?

i personally think its awesome, although its a lot easier to kill someone compared to KZ2. but its a lot of fun and it has a ton of great improvements. i cant wait to get this game.

BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

Im really starting to like it, the upgrades are really interesting and adds a uniqueness to the game. The hit points are pretty well balanced. The thing that prolly most annoys me is the Camouflage that gives the appearance of the opposite team. Not that its THAT big of a problem, its just annoying wasting bullets or time checking if my team mates are really my team mates. I really wish i had the $65 to get this, but once i do i think ill just keep buying it used for $55 and take it back each week.

JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JasonDarksavior

How does everyone like the open beta?

i personally think its awesome, although its a lot easier to kill someone compared to KZ2. but its a lot of fun and it has a ton of great improvements. i cant wait to get this game.

munkeypoo45
Yeh, the Beta is sweet. I can't wait until release day!
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts

I'm enjoying the beta :)

I have a question..If I get level 10 in the beta, then the game comes out and the beta is over will everyone's stats get restarted?

It would suck if you bought the game on release day without playing the betaand everyone's already level 30+ etc.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

I got disconnected yesterday, and it seems that today I can't get reconnected to the beta. Keep getting error code 8001. Anyone have any ideas?

JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JasonDarksavior

I have a question..If I get level 10 in the beta, then the game comes out and the beta is over will everyone's stats get restarted?

It would suck if you bought the game on release day without playing the betaand everyone's already level 30+ etc.

-Hoax-
Don't worry, stats ALL get RESET. So all the progress people make in the Beta will start from scratch. ;)
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Well, according to those reviews this is CoD in space. Sounds pretty lame. I'd rather there be a minimal story like in KZ2 than a bad one. They took out the weighty, utilitarian feel of the character movement (its still a tad weighty but it feels nothing like KZ2). I loved it the way it was. Damn everyone who didn't and forced the change. Damn them! :cry:
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 anime_gamer007

Alright, I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna get this game now. I just went back and played Killzone 2 campaign for comparisons sake, I wanted to brutally murder Rico every time he opened his mouth. I think he's honestly one of the worst characters in any video game ever. The gameplay combined with that "Killzone" feel overcome the annoyance known as Rico but I don't know if I could stand a whole other campaign with him. So, I'm not looking forward to campaign or multiplayer.

Hate to be a downer :P

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

Does anyone notice how the first time you connect it's flawless but then when u exit the game, or reset your system, it never reconnects? Like WTF? It's kind of annoying. But the beta is very enjoyable and satisfying.Nerkle01

The very same here... it should be called TRIAL! .... _>_

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
Their servers are being beaten up to the massive amount of people. I once got a message saying something like "Sorry, the world is full". I'm like "WTF I'M NOT PLAYING RUNESCAPE!" lol
bootsfansonly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bootsfansonly
Member since 2006 • 378 Posts

Im really starting to like it, the upgrades are really interesting and adds a uniqueness to the game. The hit points are pretty well balanced. The thing that prolly most annoys me is the Camouflage that gives the appearance of the opposite team. Not that its THAT big of a problem, its just annoying wasting bullets or time checking if my team mates are really my team mates. I really wish i had the $65 to get this, but once i do i think ill just keep buying it used for $55 and take it back each week.

BakedDank420
If you point your cross hairs over a disguised enemy they will turn red
yayio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 yayio
Member since 2006 • 221 Posts

yeah the servers must be having a hard time, when I play in the evening it's hopeless can never connect but in the morning I can get into games. And I like the feel of the multiplayer, looks like killzone, but doesn't feel like it. IMO it's an improvement and I'll probably end up playing it more then black ops, can't wait!

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Ninja_Zombie83
You kinda got to keep in mind that Killzone 2 was so good that there wasn't really all that much to build on. The graphics are improved and the weighted controls are gone, there are new tweaks to the MP, I can't really think of anything else that they could have done besides improving the story
CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
I downloaded it day one, and have not been able to get online at all. It even says "error network blabla" or it says "connecting" for ten+ minutes and does nothing... been playing with the bots though. This game is wayyyyyyyyyy easier and more accessible than Killzone 2.(not complaining though) Feels more like call of duty now. move really fast, recoil/crosshair spread is a joke with EVERY gun. They even have perks, all seen in call of duty. xD I love this but really want to get online...
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Well, according to those reviews this is CoD in space. Sounds pretty lame. I'd rather there be a minimal story like in KZ2 than a bad one. They took out the weighty, utilitarian feel of the character movement (its still a tad weighty but it feels nothing like KZ2). I loved it the way it was. Damn everyone who didn't and forced the change. Damn them! :cry:MrSelf-Destruct
Reason I might wait for it to hit a lower price mark.
Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

I'm not going to play fanboy here, but CoD is nothing like KZ2-3.

CoD:Relies on its customization's, perk system and killstreak rewards.

Killzone: Relies on its graphics and atmosphere.

If a person said they didn't like CoD, I wouldn't push them away from KZ at all. Granted they are both FPS, each game goes about it in a very different way that might appeal to others. If CoD isn't your cup of tea and you want another fps, give KZ a try.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="Ninja_Zombie83"]

If a person said they didn't like CoD, I wouldn't push them away from KZ at all. Granted they are both FPS, each game goes about it in a very different way that might appeal to others. If CoD isn't your cup of tea and you want another fps, give KZ a try.

Man, KZ2 is my favorite FPS of all time. I LOVED it. But from what I've heard in the reviews and from what I've played myself it seems GG is definitely trying to make KZ3 more accessible and CoD-like for the masses. I played some more just now, and I must say I'm pretty bummed. I know its still lightyears away from being CoD, but its moved just enough in that direction to leave a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm still getting the game, but I'm not nearly as excited about it as I was originally.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 anime_gamer007

[QUOTE="Ninja_Zombie83"]

MrSelf-Destruct

Man, KZ2 is my favorite FPS of all time. I LOVED it. But from what I've heard in the reviews and from what I've played myself it seems GG is definitely trying to make KZ3 more accessible and CoD-like for the masses. I played some more just now, and I must say I'm pretty bummed. I know its still lightyears away from being CoD, but its moved just enough in that direction to leave a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm still getting the game, but I'm not nearly as excited about it as I was originally.

It doesn't handle anything like CoD. They just made the aiming and control.....you know, work and still managed to keep that "Killzone" feel. I loved KZ2 too but I'll be the first to admit the controls definitely needed work. Sure it was weighty and had a sense of heaviness but it was almost impossible to keep a moving target in your sights at medium to long range.

If anything in game is similar to CoD, it's how fast your die. I don't think I've ever had enough time to react before I was instant killed by most of the weapons. 2 shots from an SMG at medium range and I was down to about 10% health, I don't remember that happening in KZ2...

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts

[QUOTE="-Hoax-"]

JasonDarksavior

Don't worry, stats ALL get RESET. So all the progress people make in the Beta will start from scratch. ;)

Thats great news.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Whatever... KZ3 beta pretty damn good. IMO
Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 Cheesehead9099
Member since 2008 • 2849 Posts

Holy **** I'm addicted to teh beta :o

It's seriously awesome. I can see myself playing this for a long time to come. The hectic gameplay is amazing and the points system works really well. I liked KZ2, but this is just on a whole new level (for me at least).

Definite first day buy.

And anyways, what classes do you guys use? I mainly use the medic with Revive +, Triage + and the M-224 LMG. I may start using the Marksman soon as I picked up a sniper rifle after brutal meleeing a sniper in the back and it's awesome. Sniping is so much more satisfying than in other games (COUGH CALL OF DUTY COUGH).

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="anime_gamer007"]

[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="Ninja_Zombie83"]

It doesn't handle anything like CoD. They just made the aiming and control.....you know, work and still managed to keep that "Killzone" feel. I loved KZ2 too but I'll be the first to admit the controls definitely needed work. Sure it was weighty and had a sense of heaviness but it was almost impossible to keep a moving target in your sights at medium to long range.

If anything in game is similar to CoD, it's how fast your die. I don't think I've ever had enough time to react before I was instant killed by most of the weapons. 2 shots from an SMG at medium range and I was down to about 10% health, I don't remember that happening in KZ2...

Yeah, I know its not really much like CoD. I was just saying its leaning that direction. The speed at which you die was one of the ways I thought they changed that made it seem more like it, too. Anway, I loved the extra weighty feel of the KZ2. I thought it worked perfectly, but people who were used to playing CoD all the time didn't like it. So they changed it. Now, everything about the character movement is faster and more twitchy, and I don't like it. I'm not trying to sound like I'm hating on the game, I'm just venting my frustrations with the changes to something I thought was perfect the way it was. :(