Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

User Lists: 0

#1 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

Has anyone tried this out yet? You really, really need to.

stranger-hd-vita-009.png

It's kind of gotten buried in the Vita's lineup, but people should realise that as far as Vita shooters go, this is the best. In fact, I think it's safe to say that this is  my favorite Vita game so far. It's got a brilliantly open-ended design that lets you enter a fortress from different points, fight with lethal or non-lethal force, and play at your own pace. The story, environments, and writing are all on the level of a Double Fine game.

Strangers-Wrath-HD-Vita-2.jpg

It's also probably the only game immersive enough that I forget that otherwise intrusive touch controls are even there. No game has been able to use touch controls and totally immerse me yet, so that's very high praise.

Anyone else try this gem? Anyone getting it?

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Looks...odd.

:P

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Downloaded and beat it already, worth a purchase for anyone. HUGE Fan of the developers of Oddworld looking forward to the Abe HD remake their cooking up.

Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CaptainGamespot
Member since 2013 • 616 Posts
I have this game on Xbox, and I was wondering what they added to the vita version as I was thinking about playing it again. i heard there was a playstation plus deal for this game, maybe i'll sub that.
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

I have this game on Xbox, and I was wondering what they added to the vita version as I was thinking about playing it again. i heard there was a playstation plus deal for this game, maybe i'll sub that.CaptainGamespot

There WAS a PS+ Deal you missed out buddy haha.

Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CaptainGamespot
Member since 2013 • 616 Posts

[QUOTE="CaptainGamespot"]I have this game on Xbox, and I was wondering what they added to the vita version as I was thinking about playing it again. i heard there was a playstation plus deal for this game, maybe i'll sub that.Blake135

There WAS a PS+ Deal you missed out buddy haha.

shoot. I need to get on that.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Granpire
Huh? We didn't get a PS+ deal here in NA yet, though apparently we're supposed to get a 25% discount "soon", if a comment on the PS Blog is to be believed. It's been about a month since that comment, though, so I'm not sure it's going to happen.
RollinKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RollinKaos
Member since 2013 • 83 Posts

Bought with the PS+ deal, game is a ton of fun. I am not in love with the touch controls and wish there was an alternate way to pull up the weapon. I heard there was a patch coming soon for the rear touch control, for some reason it continues to punch when in 1st person mode even when you are not using the rear touch pad. Fair to say I am not a big fan of the touch screen controls for any game though. I like the story line and it is fun to play with some interesting "ammo". 

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Granpire
I agree about the touch controls. I don't mind the front touch controls, and I've got to say they work great for weapon switching, but it's the back touch that's just awful in first-person mode. I regret buying the binoculars. The back touch is extremely sensitive to touches, so that could be why it's still punching, but keep in mind if ammo runs out for one of the triggers, pressing that trigger will make you punch instead. I'm really looking forward to that patch, though. It's apparently going to add leaderboards and an option to disable the back touch entirely and play without it.
Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts
This looks really good, I just picked a Vita up with a slew of games, I will definitely be picking this up when I have less lengthy games to play. It looks especially nice on the Vita from the videos I've seen.
Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Granpire
Yeah, they did a great job with the port (back touch controls aside). It's native res and basically looks the same as PS3 with 30FPS instead of 60. Would be nice to have some antialiasing, but all round it's a great port of a great game.