Noob parent needs advise? PS3 games for 6 year old?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

savagetofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 savagetofu
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts

Hello guys,

Recently my brother gave me an X-box 360 Arcade. My brother upgraded to a 360 elite & said it was O.K if I had his old one. I am an old veteran when it comes to video games I once owned a Sega Master System & Nes way back in the day. We already own a Wii & a DS & have dozens of games. Really the only Video Game I play with any regularity is Smash Bros Brawl as I don't have much time for video games these days.

My wife & I have a 6 year old & the Wii & the Ds has been perfect for us. I never intended to own a 360 but we got one for FREE. We planned on giving the 360 to my son for Christmas but we have had problems with what games to get him for the 360. The 360 really doesn't have any games for the family.

I know that PS3 had Little Big Planet & other games for the kiddies. After seeing the review for Little Big Planet & Ratchet & Clank I called my brother & asked him if I could trade in the X-box he gave us for a Ps3. Obv he was fine with the idea.

I already know about these two:

Little Big Planet

Ratchet & Clank

My question to you then is what other games are good for the kiddos? Also is there an easy way to check on this site for games my son could play?

Thanks,

Joe

CraigyM83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CraigyM83
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts

Like the 360 the PS3 isn't drowned in family playable games. The curse of the 21st century is we have hoardes of shooting games for the spotty teens but not much for the young.

I can only think of Katmari Forever which may be suitable and possibly sega mega drive collection?

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Critter Crunch would probably be a decent game for a 6 year old. Very colorful, no sex or violence, very easy control mechanics and easy to pick up gameplay. Plus it's only $7 and doesn't require a run to the store. There's also your typical Disney stuff like UP, Cars, Race-o-Rama, etc.
Reiji-Arisu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Reiji-Arisu
Member since 2009 • 651 Posts
A 6 years old needs some Demon Souls.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
A 6 years old needs some Demon Souls.Reiji-Arisu
Agreed. LoL How about Eye pet? ive heard it was pretty good
spicoli420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 spicoli420
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

Here is what my 7 year old boy and 3 year old girl enjoy:

Pain

Ragdoll kung fu

LBP

Eye create(you'll need the camera)

My 7 year old is on his second playthrough of uncharted 2.

He also ejoys battlefield 1943.........I make him mute any online game so he doesn't have listen to those monkies. But there are plenty of downloadable games in the playstation store that are cheap and fun.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

You'll want to use the stickied thread to ask about game recommendations, but you can also search GameSpot and the PS3 section to find appropriate games.