Nobunaga's Ambition is Finally Coming Back!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fize4ever
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

After disappearing for an entire generation, Nobunaga's Ambition is making a comeback. After well over 6 years of hiatus, the grand strategy is finally coming to Western shores! Bigger, greater, and better than ever before!

For consoles, it's a PlayStation exclusive, with a traditional PC release. If any of y'all have been itching for a strategy game, this game will pretty much set you for the rest of the PS4's lifespan. I remember playing Rise to Power for thousands of hours, and it was the best strategy game of my childhood, so I have high hopes for this one.

Anyone else stoked for this game? Seems like it lacks some coverage.

fully87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2 fully87
Member since 2013 • 69 Posts

There's nothing about this anywhere, not played a good strategy game for years so might consider picking this up. It reminds me of the first Shogun Total War, and that was one of the best games I've ever played.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Hopefully better than Tropico 5. That was a real shit sandwich of a strategy game.

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fize4ever

Game is out now.

Been having so much fun with it. GUIZE BUY THIS GAME

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@fize4ever said:

Game is out now.

Meh. I'll wait for a price drop first. $60 is just too big a risk for me to spend on a franchise I've never played before.

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fize4ever

@Boddicker said:
@fize4ever said:

Game is out now.

Meh. I'll wait for a price drop first. $60 is just too big a risk for me to spend on a franchise I've never played before.

It was on sale a while back, saved $15 on it. Still worth its price, especially since it's a game where a gamer can see himself investing thousands of hours on. The possibilities are endless, the scenarios, quests, clans, are so vast and big. A single province (e.g Owari, Eastern Tosa) can have well up to 8 regions (equivalent of towns and cities). So we're looking at tons of cities. SO BIG.

Sooooo worth it for me, definitely worth the price and more if:

A) You like the Sengoku era and all the stories it was packed with (Okehazama battle, Nagamasa Azai's turmoil, Odawara's siege, Shingen-Kenshin rivalry). They execute these scenarios almost flawlessly and you can really feel the tension.

B) You LOVE role playing! Custom officers, maidens, characters, etc, next to historical ones, are completely customizable and you can control their actions and write their bios.

C) You love and/or hate micromanaging. You really do apprise the role of a daimyo, and you can decide whether as daimyo you want to decide everything at every province, or relegate regents and lords to focus on your capital as they expand your domain.

Just wanted to weigh in if some are still undecided.