Ninja Gaiden Sigma - wooden sword question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SatanAntichrist
SatanAntichrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SatanAntichrist
Member since 2009 • 355 Posts

So you can buy the wooden sword for 500 money, which is cheap, but it has about 7 or 8 different levels whereas all the other weapons only have about 3, and to get to each level is outrageously expensive.

Is there any point to the wooden sword? Is it good if you max it out or is the whole thing a big joke? Because it doesn't seem to be that good of a weapon at all.

I don't get it.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

all the levels are useless until you get to the last one, which becomes something perhaps even better than the other big sword(can't remember the name) and the dark dragon.

junaid15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 junaid15
Member since 2005 • 1163 Posts

the last level is unlaboured flawlessness ( check youtube) it's awesome.

mikeyvp87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mikeyvp87
Member since 2009 • 408 Posts

I disagree with the above posts. The weapon is overrated. It's too slow. Against fast enemies you leave yourself too open. It's really only good againt slow enemies were you can charge up your ultimate attack.

Broken-Silence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Broken-Silence
Member since 2006 • 92 Posts

Its has similar attack power as the 3rd level dabilahro but is somewhat faster andhas some combos similar to the dragon sword.

Blaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Blaiyan
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts

What I did was after getting the flail and grail. You know in chapter 7 where you first fight those big slow monsters that swing slow and long or jump on you? The part where the blue orbs attack you, right before you get on the sort of elevator where you have to hit the button to use. I think it's called the cave of Eons or something. I run back and forth until the orbs are out of view and then go back because they constantly respawn and I use the flail, power all the way up with Triangle and kill them and repeat this process over and over to get big yellow orbs. I get about 3,000 each time. I was able to fill up on all elixir's upgrade whatever weapons I could. Could only get the wooden sword to level 5 (20,000) before they stopped offering upgrades but it clearly has at least 3 more levels. Also bought the max amount of those revitalizing talismans (which is 3). Still have 21,000 left and will finish doing this later today again to get as much yellow orbs as I can before moving on. I want to have enough to upgrade the wooden sword and the dragon sword when it's made available for me to do so. Or anything else that might come in my path for me to buy. Just extended my life bar as well with 9 life of the gods and 3 of those thousands lives.