Ni No Kuni specs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

I REALLY want Ni No Kuni and I also REALLY want the pre-order bonus.

But my PS3 is running out of harddrive space. I'm down to about 5 gigs.

I tried googling how much space Ni No Kuni would take up, and all the results I got were for the "All in One" edition, and that takes up about 19 gigs. I can forget about that edition of the game. lol

But is there any website I can go to that will tell me how much hard drive space a game will take up BEFORE release? Do companies release that information before release? I've tried Gamefly, but it only has the specs for games that have already been released.

The demo took up about 2.5 gigs if I remember correctly. So I'd imagine the full game might be about 4 or 5 gigs. (About the same as White Knight Chronicles.) Does that sound right?

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
That type of info may come out before the game releases, but I'm not sure. It looks like you'll either need to starting deleting stuff off your HDD or upgrade altogether.
Oldgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Oldgun
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

5 gigs is not enough for free space. I imagine its not the only game you're gonna play on it in future. So upgrade is the better option.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
You could always delete some stuff if you really want to.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Theres only a select few areas in the demo right? And this is probably going to be a 50-80hour JRPG jam packed with far far many areas to go than where in the demo. So it wouldn't be a surprise if the full game is 20GB or more.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

I REALLY want Ni No Kuni and I also REALLY want the pre-order bonus.

But my PS3 is running out of harddrive space. I'm down to about 5 gigs.

I tried googling how much space Ni No Kuni would take up, and all the results I got were for the "All in One" edition, and that takes up about 19 gigs. I can forget about that edition of the game. lol

But is there any website I can go to that will tell me how much hard drive space a game will take up BEFORE release? Do companies release that information before release? I've tried Gamefly, but it only has the specs for games that have already been released.

The demo took up about 2.5 gigs if I remember correctly. So I'd imagine the full game might be about 4 or 5 gigs. (About the same as White Knight Chronicles.) Does that sound right?

GeoffZak
Um no, a demo is only a small size of the whole game, I say the full game will be at least 10 gigs or more. Developers dont really tell these details anymore, because they just assume people have hard drives that can handle it, like people have already suggested you will have to delete stuff or get a bigger harddrive, sorry.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Laptop harddrives are so cheap

Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

You could always delete some stuff if you really want to.MethodManFTW

this

whiskeystrike

and this

Anything you have downloaded (except for videos because the DRM on those sucks so very hard) can be redownloaded if deleted.

alternitivly if you dont like to delete things, I bought a 750GB HDD for my PS3 for $90, that was over 2 years ago so I imagine they are a lot cheaper by now.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]You could always delete some stuff if you really want to.Jehuty08

this

whiskeystrike

and this

Anything you have downloaded (except for videos because the DRM on those sucks so very hard) can be redownloaded if deleted.

alternitivly if you dont like to delete things, I bought a 750GB HDD for my PS3 for $90, that was over 2 years ago so I imagine they are a lot cheaper by now.

you can get a 1tb for that. 2 tb on a special

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Developers dont really tell these details anymore, because they just assume people have hard drives that can handle itwizdom

Well that's nice of them. :roll:

I know that most developers do that today. And it's very dumb to assume that EVERYONE has infinite storage space on their HDD.

One of the things I like more about the 360 is that you're not forced to install every game.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Isn't there going to be a disc version or what?

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I'm pretty sure it will, I have already seen the blu-ray disk pre-orders. As for the hard drive to be honest unless you have 40 or 60GB model, you should be able to delete one of the game you are done playing to make space for Ni No Kuni.

On average, some (not all) PS3 games come with some HDD install requirement. This ranges on average between - 1GB-4GB HDD. Some games don't require any installation at all.

My guess, Ni No Kuni might have around 2-4GB installation requirement as most RPG games do.

I would suggest you invest into larger HDD, they are cheap and once you upgrade (which is also very easy process) the hard-drive space will never again be a problem. Here is the video how to upgrade the PS3 HDD. I don't know which PS3 version you have (older model or slim) but quick type into the youtube search box will give you the proper video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQm9uMNPl4w

Another note, while some people have had no problems with different HDD models on their PS3 and sizes I strongly recommend purchasing PS3 factory safe model of the HDD, which is: 5400 rpm SATA 2.5". The three companies I also recommend are Seagate Baracuda, Western Digital and Hitachi.

Feel free to message me for additional info if needed.