This topic is locked from further discussion.

moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 moej88
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

I was wondering if there will e ability to choose manual gear in NFS HP coming out soon.

I tried the demo and i couldnt find a way to do it :S

moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 moej88

bump

Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts

We don't know more than you do.

From a historic point of view both may be true: On one side all NFSs had the option until now. On the other hand, Criterion's racing games did not. But honestly, in this game you have enough stuff to take care of even without manual shifting.

So I'd guess that the devs probably let the manual shifting away. And as you said, the demo agrees with me.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
I don't know. But if you can't it's not that big of a deal, it's still a fun game. Or maybe they just left it out in the demo who knows... btw anyone know if it will have split screen?
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
If i remember correctly the first hot pursuit games had an option for manual... So i'd guess the new one will.
moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 moej88

True its still a good game. I was really impressed by the demo.

I just hope it will have the feature just like the first one (fingers crossed)

woodyfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#7 woodyfr
Member since 2010 • 288 Posts

btw anyone know if it will have split screen?kweeni
No split screen :( There's another thread about that here :

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/needforspeedhotpursuit/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-55461256

jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts

[QUOTE="kweeni"] btw anyone know if it will have split screen?woodyfr

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/needforspeedhotpursuit/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-55461256

I cannot believe that this gens racing games have become single player experiences, excluding on-line. I used to really enjoy racing my friends that were in the same room as me. Very disappointing that this has been left out.
jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
[QUOTE="jnjreams76"][QUOTE="woodyfr"]

btw anyone know if it will have split screen?kweeni

I cannot believe that this gens racing games have become single player experiences, excluding on-line. I used to really enjoy racing my friends that were in the same room as me. Very disappointing that this has been left out.

I agree 100%! I was so disappointed in Burnout Paradise because there was no split screen, same with NASCAR 09. I know this gen is all about online multiplayer, but why leave out offline multiplayer? Especially in a racing game! I have noticed that devs are trending back to this though... i.e. Black Ops
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
Fuuuuucccccckkkkk And yet another race game that doens't have split screen... They should have a law that forces developers to add split screen to a racing game. But no, all they care about is frigin online multiplayer which I don't care about. What happened to the good old days when you could chill with your friends and play some offline multiplayer together? This gens lack of split screen is really disappointing. Atleast GT5 has it..
moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 moej88

Fuuuuucccccckkkkk And yet another race game that doens't have split screen... They should have a law that forces developers to add split screen to a racing game. But no, all they care about is frigin online multiplayer which I don't care about. What happened to the good old days when you could chill with your friends and play some offline multiplayer together? This gens lack of split screen is really disappointing. Atleast GT5 has it..kweeni

GT5 will have it. Whenever it comes out lol.

So many classic features are being taken out of racing games. Split screen was amazing on PS2.

Even Midnight Club L.A didnt have split screen.

Now I hope they dont take out Manual Gear too :(

jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
split-screen is why I've passed up on every other racing game while waiting for GT5. I just wish GT5 would come out already!
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Well let me see here... since I've been playing the game for 2 months now hmmmmm!

Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts

split-screen is why I've passed up on every other racing game while waiting for GT5. I just wish GT5 would come out already! jnjreams76

Erm... I played many racing games in the last year and all of them had split-screen. Hot Pursuit would be the first one without that feature.

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts
It's quite disappointing. The game had so much potential, but the handling is awkward, there is no manual (really now?), and there is no split screen. Those 3 thing killed the game for me.
moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 moej88

It's quite disappointing. The game had so much potential, but the handling is awkward, there is no manual (really now?), and there is no split screen. Those 3 thing killed the game for me.dk00111

Yea I tried to adjust the controls in the demo. I usually use the rightanalogue stick to shift up and down. But that wasn't possible.

Midnight Club L.A had it and so did Grid. Those are not simulation racers like GT5.

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts

[QUOTE="dk00111"]It's quite disappointing. The game had so much potential, but the handling is awkward, there is no manual (really now?), and there is no split screen. Those 3 thing killed the game for me.moej88

Yea I tried to adjust the controls in the demo. I usually use the rightanalogue stick to shift up and down. But that wasn't possible.

Midnight Club L.A had it and so did Grid. Those are not simulation racers like GT5.

Same here, the no manual option works with Burnout, but not NFS. I don't see why they treated the two the same...