Next -Gen Spawn game coming!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Pturtle216 (93 posts) -

In an interview with Todd Mcfarlane he reveals that he still has plans for Spawn in the gaming world. I am really excited about this game because Spawn has great powers and is one of the coolest comic book characters ever and there is a clip of a cgi spawn at the end of the interview.

http://gametrailers.com/game/5300.html

#2 Posted by ColoradoKindBud (23882 posts) -
Too bad every Spawn game released to date has seriously sucked. The best outing Spawn has had in avideogame was in Soul Calibur. Ickblah...
#3 Posted by Pturtle216 (93 posts) -
Well I think they should make the shooting like gears and have the combat like god of war.
#4 Posted by ColoradoKindBud (23882 posts) -

Well I think they should make the shooting like gears and have the combat like god of war.Pturtle216

That sounds pretty cool but like I said, I'm not holding my breath for a good Spawn game.

#5 Posted by jaSteRdcX (1944 posts) -

Too bad every Spawn game released to date has seriously sucked. The best outing Spawn has had in avideogame was in Soul Calibur. Ickblah...ColoradoKindBud

the spawn game on snes was pretty good i thought. Then again how can you go wrong on a platformer with such a cool character..

#6 Posted by vegetattack15 (1686 posts) -

I was kind of P.O.ed when that Soul Calibur came out, as I had a PS2, and not a Tekken fan. Gamecube gets Link "Wow, cool", Xbox gets Spawn "That's f'n crazy man, holy crap". PS2 gets, wait for it......bald old dude from Tekken. (insert jaw drop here).

WTF......

#7 Posted by haze_blaze (3907 posts) -

Too bad every Spawn game released to date has seriously sucked. The best outing Spawn has had in avideogame was in Soul Calibur. Ickblah...ColoradoKindBud

Exactly. Spawn should have been the center of a great video game over the last TWO gens... and yet every one made has sucked! It's hard to get excited about a new one coming out... just like superman and batman games.

#8 Posted by SikKwuN (1442 posts) -

[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]Too bad every Spawn game released to date has seriously sucked. The best outing Spawn has had in avideogame was in Soul Calibur. Ickblah...Jaster_DCX

the spawn game on snes was pretty good i thought. Then again how can you go wrong on a platformer with such a cool character..

haah i thought that was an awesome game too.

#9 Posted by Pturtle216 (93 posts) -
I think Spawn was always ahead of his time. They just couldn't fit everything he can do into movies and games. I think now would be a good time for Spawn to finally shine.
#10 Posted by AgentZero225 (1718 posts) -

yea with spawns bad track record he should have just said "no we dont have any plans for a next gen spawn game cuz it sucked."

#11 Posted by dbzfreak (6223 posts) -

I was kind of P.O.ed when that Soul Calibur came out, as I had a PS2, and not a Tekken fan. Gamecube gets Link "Wow, cool", Xbox gets Spawn "That's f'n crazy man, holy crap". PS2 gets, wait for it......bald old dude from Tekken. (insert jaw drop here).

WTF......

vegetattack15

That was craptacular. I wonder if M$ shelled out extra cash to get him?

Back on topic, I have no faith in a good Spawn game. I gave up on that.

#12 Posted by -DirtySanchez- (32760 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pturtle216"]Well I think they should make the shooting like gears and have the combat like god of war.ColoradoKindBud

That sounds pretty cool but like I said, I'm not holding my breath for a good Spawn game.

indeed, dont wanna die from lack of oxygen
#13 Posted by captainhowdy23 (374 posts) -
I really hope this game turns out well. PLEASE! some developer do a good job with it.
#14 Posted by roger88420 (25 posts) -
the spawn gmes didn't really suck they just lacked the capabilities of really unleashing spawn now that the ps3 is out there is no excuse why there cant be a really good blockbusting game with all they can do with blu ray and **** now they should start from the beginning and of how the man turned into spawn and why and make it very story driven with lots of detils about spwn so that the people not familiar with spawn will once again have their imaginations blown away with the saga of spawn as for the gameplay i would say keep the fighting in the line of ninja gaiden.if you really are a spawn fan you would know that spawn when was a man was an almost unstoppable fighter with martial arts but when he was ddeceived and sent to hell to malbolgia i think thats how u spell it he gained his armor and his necro magic with the crimson cape capable of mimicking where you stand to elude enemies the cape alone had powers of it own like being able to shpeshift around spawn and get solid as so nothing could break through and the whipping capabilities of the cpe is also awesome they better not leave out those evil lil chains of his from the skull of his belt and having the military training and gun training fighting training of his former life not to mention the necro magic in him that he dont know how to harness but could be brought into the game to make it more believable it would be like being spawn and evolving and learning all his skills all over again and as of yet i've never seen the entity that malbogia sometimes refers to s higher up or something like that who is pulling malbolgias strrings there is alot that can be done to make this blockbusting game a reality b ut you gotta realize that the game developers and companies don't care bout what the people actually want they just make em simple enough to make money off of them thats why people got so into the final fantasy's and breath of fires and star ocean wild arms etc. because they actually took the time to develope a decent game they put effort into it now adays its about marketing and how lil they will have to spend to create the game/games they rush games to much now whatever happened to taking time making awesome inspiring games who cares if people have to wait that just adds to how much fun the game will be when they finally get it the anticipation i aint saying you have to spend years on a game but at least look at the people and give them something worth playing that when the game is over they are like omg that was a great game
#15 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -
Ummm, duely noted. I will completely forget about it now, and read some reviews when it comes out. I'm not anticipating much, if anything even comes of it.
#16 Posted by GrandJury (15396 posts) -
Look at the date my friend...
#17 Posted by roger88420 (25 posts) -
morelesss it is laziness in the corporations or development teams they dont want to have to go through all the work to make the games that leave impressions and years later you hear the name of the game and are lie wow i want to play that again the games that are comming out now not alll but 80% the games when asked after they played em they are ready to get rid of them i remember when i used to get into the games and try to make a collection of them more than half these games that come out i would be embarrassed if someone came over and said you got/know any good games i would be like yea but they arnt very good exept games like the chronicles of riddick assault on dark athena,condemned bloodshot origins,final fantasy 12,dragon age:origins,devil may cry series,resident evil series,god of war series see these are gamews that had to thought out and took time to make and we should see more of as for mortal kombat i think that they should stop the vs. stuff and pick up where they left off like mortal kombat shaolin monks give us some stroy driven mortal kombat games where your not just fighting a person in a battle what about kung lao johnny cage sonja etc. venture into outworld to stop the shao khan and others from invading the earth or merging with earth and make eit where you can go through levels or free roam go to villages and get better equipment outfits or armor and start it out by taking the lower soldiers out first then the next till eventualllually you come to comfrontation with shao khan good idea but these game companies employees or w/e r to damn lazy to even attempt anything of the sort cause they dont care they want the quick buck they dont care if you buy off of them again as long as u bought something off of em they make their money
#18 Posted by roger88420 (25 posts) -
i seen the dates i just was reading them and it is still the way i feel i was just writing how i feel bout the game industry and how they are taking advantage of us
#19 Posted by roger88420 (25 posts) -
i went to washington state community college nd for computer programming and gamming design wanting to learn how to create a video game so i could start making them on my own but instead what i got was a class where i got to use the crysis engine and lil big planet engine to create a game now wouldnt that be plagiarism yes i flunked the class not that i couldnt do it but becuse it wasnt what i was wanting i wanted to learn how to create a video game not how to make a game out of someone elses already done stuff how is that going to enable me to be able to have the knowledge to create my own game if i hvae to use their already created system and stuff that aint teaching me wht i want to know and thus had led me to my previous posts cause i have seen how some of it works and i can tell you right now that that there is no reason why there arnt games being made that are breathtaking awesome engaging and puzzling it is like the gamming idustry is on auto-pilote or something with no one looking over em to tell em what to do they need to get off their aholes and start using the brains that god gave them and start using their imaginations this quick csh stuff aint working i'm almost ready to give up on gamming but im not going to cause i have seen through so many threads and message boards of what the people are wanting and the companies dont give two hoots or hoolas about it they just want their money
#20 Posted by roger88420 (25 posts) -
i wish i had the funds myself i would really love to show these corprate bastards off and surpass em all
#21 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -
Look at the date my friend...GrandJury
omg. I missed it. Damn. :x
#22 Posted by ThePlothole (11515 posts) -

I assume you meant "current gen". ;)

#23 Posted by pela_yo (365 posts) -

I hope its a good surprise like Arkham Asylum, i would buy it, although the comics made me scared of the ice cream truck :cry:

#24 Posted by Kid_Notorious07 (437 posts) -

This is a pretty old bump but be that as it may theyv finally done a good batman so maybe theres hope for spawn this gen if it can get the open world treatment

#25 Posted by iamshivy (3565 posts) -

haha i remember the hole SC4 thing ps2 gets the bald old guy lol. and yea the spawn game for the snes was really good, all other games were pretty much crap.. i use to be the biggest fan of spawn but now hes pretty meh for me

#26 Posted by JoKeR_421 (8920 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pturtle216"]Well I think they should make the shooting like gears and have the combat like god of war.ColoradoKindBud

why every batman game sucked up until now? the new batman was awesome, with this gen consoles anythin can be improved that they couldnt do in previous systems so we shouldnt judge until we see wats up
#27 Posted by Sepewrath (28843 posts) -

[QUOTE="ColoradoKindBud"]Too bad every Spawn game released to date has seriously sucked. The best outing Spawn has had in avideogame was in Soul Calibur. Ickblah...Jaster_DCX

That's back in the day when license games use to be good. I don't really think a Spawn game would stand out these days either, there are already so many action games that would be similar to what you would expect from Spawn.
#28 Posted by donmega1 (1429 posts) -

it would have to be a complete over haul like the recent batman game.

#29 Posted by donmega1 (1429 posts) -

but better!

#30 Posted by JoKeR_421 (8920 posts) -

it would have to be a complete over haul like the recent batman game.

donmega1
yup, thats wat i was thinking