New Vita only $190 with 1GB HD

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killerneub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 killerneub
Member since 2010 • 214 Posts

I heard this on a youtube vid. tried to get details but came up short..

<> This story was about Japanese releases,, will the US also recieve the new Vita at $190

> Also what is the point of the redesign, it seems as if there are little to no differences besides the LCD screen

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
I think the point of the redesign was to put in cheaper things and get the price of the vita down. At the current moment the vita is priced to high. You can get one at $200/$250 now. But you can also buy a ps3 around that price to. I don't like the differences I seen with the LCD screen, so I'm fine with my current. :P I also don't see the point in adding extra memory if some of it isn't going towards games.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#3 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

A Vita does sound good on paper. But I'm waiting for either another price drop, or more quality games.

I dont wanna pay $200 for the system, $40-60 for a few games and whatever a good memory chip is. I mean your'e still looking at a $300 price tag. Why not just pay an extra $100 for a ps4?

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
I definitely want to get one again once that comes out in the US. That price tag is very attractive and the LCD screens won't have that ugly bleeding that the OLED's have. Plus from what I read, the difference it's hardly that big.
killerneub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 killerneub
I wouldn't mind them removing the 2 cameras, and maybe the back touch screen .. then they could drop it $50 or so.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

A Vita does sound good on paper. But I'm waiting for either another price drop, or more quality games.

I dont wanna pay $200 for the system, $40-60 for a few games and whatever a good memory chip is. I mean your'e still looking at a $300 price tag. Why not just pay an extra $100 for a ps4?

ristactionjakso
you will be waiting forever then... because the VITA is not going to get another price drop for a few years, and there are already atleast a dozen quality games to play for the system. dont bother buying one if that is still your stance.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
I wouldn't mind them removing the 2 cameras, and maybe the back touch screen .. then they could drop it $50 or so.killerneub
Certain games need the touchpad and rear camera, but the front one is useless, imo
killerneub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killerneub
[QUOTE="killerneub"]I wouldn't mind them removing the 2 cameras, and maybe the back touch screen .. then they could drop it $50 or so.ItsEvolution
Certain games need the touchpad and rear camera, but the front one is useless, imo

I would be fine playing the game without the back touch pad <> A game that requires a Camera should not exist
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Iand the LCD screens won't have that ugly bleeding that the OLED's have..Bangerman15
Lcd's tend to bleed(saturate) with brighter colors While oled's do with with darker colors which I don't' notice as bad.