New to the PS3! NEED ADVICE!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blitz_Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blitz_Hawk
Member since 2003 • 857 Posts
Hey guys,I've finally bit the bullet, and this will be my first Sony console! I'm very excited, and I felt like now would be a good time to jump into this system, there are a few exclusives that I really want to play, but besides the obvious, I'm not to sure what else I should be looking for.As of now, I have a 360 and Wii, and I felt like I was missing out on some top notch games! Do you guys have anyrecommendations? Any older gems I should look into?Thanks alot!
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Well, since you already have a 360, I guess saying Ninja Gaiden is kinda pointless.

Other great games from last year are:

Uncharted, Resistance Fall of Man, Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, and of course the ones that came out this year.

Congrats on your purchase.

Blitz_Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blitz_Hawk
Member since 2003 • 857 Posts
Also, what PS2 games should I pick up that would work with the PS3? I haven't really played any at all. I was thinking God of War, MGS, not really sure what else!
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Also, what PS2 games should I pick up that would work with the PS3? I haven't really played any at all. I was thinking God of War, MGS, not really sure what else!Blitz_Hawk

Well, you need to find out if your PS3 has BC in the first place. Sony removed it from the newer models, so you might wanna check that first before thinking about buying PS2 games.

ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts
Also, what PS2 games should I pick up that would work with the PS3? I haven't really played any at all. I was thinking God of War, MGS, not really sure what else!Blitz_Hawk
ps2 games dont work on new ps3
_sephex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 _sephex_
Member since 2003 • 179 Posts
I believe it is all in what type of gamer you are. Myself, I enjoy gaming with friends. In the multiplayer side of Playstation 3 I really enjoyed the Resistance Campaign Split-Screen, so much fun we played through it twice. If you need some casual fun, try any racing game with the sixaxis, tons of fun for anyone who's never tried. But honesty the best money I've spent on my PS3 were on the downloadables from the PSN I really enjoy, Pixeljunk Monsters or Eden, Those 2 games have been hours and hours of fun. and for Solitary Gamage: Oblivion/Fallouts (easy to sink a 100 hours into) Uncharted is very beautiful, a must, Rachet & Clank, also very pretty. And if you need a little challenge, Ninja Gaiden was fantastic. Metal Gear Solid isn't for everybody. I think it's one of the best stories ever told. But keep that in mind, it's 1/2 movie, 1/2 game. Definately avoid Assassin's Creed!! Ok, that's enough of my "words of wisdom" ...
ZacherWol19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 ZacherWol19
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts

Get these games:

For the PS3 get

MGS4

Resistance 2

Fallout 3

Prince Of Persia

Little Big Planet

Uncharted

And Warhawk

If you do get Backwards compatibility (BC) get

Shadow of Collusul

MGS 1-3 (play those before MGS4)

Ratchet and clank; really any

God of War 1 and 2

And some Final Fantasy.

If your hecka rich get: (What i mean by this is that these games arent worth the price, only buy them if you have left over money)

Heavenly Sword

Ratchet and Clank for the PS3

Mirrors Edge

And try out Home

2009 Games

White Knight Chronicles

Final Fantasy 13

Skate 2

Uncharted 2

KillZone 2

God of War 3

If you don't have these for the Xbox:

Fallout 3

Cod WaW

GTA4

I got kinda bored :D:roll:

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

MGS series, God of War 1 & 2, tekken 5, FF VII, FF VIII, FF tactics, Dynasty Tactics 2, Kessen III, Black... and many, many more! but it's better late than never.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Meta Gear Solid 4, Resistance 2, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War, Assassin's Creed, Little Big Planet, Dead Space, Grand Theft Auto IV, NBA 2k9... that'll keep you busy for quite awhile... until God of War III, Killzone 2, Fight Night Round 4, Final Fantasy XIII arrives.

Powerwalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Powerwalk
Member since 2006 • 1087 Posts

[QUOTE="Blitz_Hawk"]Also, what PS2 games should I pick up that would work with the PS3? I haven't really played any at all. I was thinking God of War, MGS, not really sure what else!ENDOT12123

why did they remove it what good is that going to do.

ENDOT12123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ENDOT12123
Member since 2007 • 1223 Posts

[QUOTE="ENDOT12123"][QUOTE="Blitz_Hawk"]Also, what PS2 games should I pick up that would work with the PS3? I haven't really played any at all. I was thinking God of War, MGS, not really sure what else!Powerwalk

why did they remove it what good is that going to do.

i dont know but it kinda pissed me off when i couldnt get a 60bg when i got my ps3 as u probably no they play ps2 games