New PS4 gamer, need some basic info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

manas_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By manas_1224
Member since 2015 • 19 Posts

I just bought my PS4 bundle( 1TB with GOW remastered & INFAMOUS second son) a week back & on the very 1st day i had problems as my controller stop responding & screen becomes unresponsive. Anyways, i had it checked @ the service center & i''ll get a new console by this Monday. Now, as i'm very new to gaming i thought it might be a good idea to clear some of the doubts as I've got some time. So, here goes:

1) DLC's: If I buy a game say destiny, now in order to get the dlc's like the dark below, house of wolves or the taken king, do i have to purchase the dlc additionally or like once you bought a game, all the dlc can be automatically updated via internet with or without some charges?

If i buy the house of wolves edition or taken king edition, the only different stuff that would be there in both the editions would just be the additional plot and the original destiny plot would remain the same?

2) Game installation: Like in PC's you just need to install a game & once its installed then there's no need of the CD, is the same thing goes for PS4 or in order to play a game one needs to put in the CD every time?

I know these are seriously dumb questions but i don't have any idea at all about how it all goes while playing on consoles, so please help out guys.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@manas_1224:

1. Buy the Taken King: Legendary Edition, it comes with the base game and all DLC up to now. DO NOT BUY ONLY DESTINY, you will then be forced to pay an extra $20-30 for TKK.

2. CD's? what are those lol? Blu-rays must be inserted even if the game is installed, so don't throw away the disks, keep them. Also, you might be uninstalling and reinstalling games a lot. Games are huge and the standard 1TB HDD isn't that much...

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3  Edited By Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

@manas_1224:

If you buy the base game only - destiny, you will have to purchase separately all the expansions. It's quite costly, I would recommend to buy the Taken King edition. It comes with all of the DLC content.

You need your Cd (bluray disk) in your PS4 when you purchase the game in retail. The game won't start without it.

If you are buying the game digitally then obviously no disk is needed.

Congrats on your PS4 purchase, feel free to add me to the friends list and ask any Ps4 or game questions. :)

arcangelgold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4  Edited By arcangelgold
Member since 2012 • 342 Posts

Yeah no matter whether you buy the disc or not the PS4 installs the entire game which is ridiculous but yes you still need the disc, equally ridiculous. Also your controller will need to be charged about every 2 hours even if it sits idle due to the lights they put in it foolishly. They do make expensive battery packs you can attach to the controller to make the battery life last longer.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@arcangelgold: You must have a faulty controller. My controllers last a good 6 hours before needing to be charged.

At OP, everything else has been answered.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Telekill said:

@arcangelgold: You must have a faulty controller. My controllers last a good 6 hours before needing to be charged.

At OP, everything else has been answered.

I played for about 7 hours this weekend and my controller is now asking to be charged. I agree - 2 hours is BS or a faulty unit.

P.S. - you can tell your controller to turn itself off after a set amount of idle time to limit wasting battery while watching a movie or something.

TRPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TRPG
Member since 2015 • 271 Posts

Taken King.