New PS4 accounts?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

They said it will tie in to places like Facebook using our real names. Will we have to create a new account? So does this mean all our digital content is gone for good? Has me worried.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#2 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
I'm not sure but hoping our current SEN accounts will carry over.
caketoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 caketoo
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts
I doubt it, some people actually dont have facebook and people dont want their full names for just anyone to see. It be the biggest failure in gaming if a facebook acct was required to use a system. I think its a terrible idea but to be fair I hate facebook and anything that involves it.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I dont like to use facebook. I really really hope its not required, but if it is I will be making a PS4 only account.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#5 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
I doubt it, some people actually dont have facebook and people dont want their full names for just anyone to see. It be the biggest failure in gaming if a facebook acct was required to use a system. I think its a terrible idea but to be fair I hate facebook and anything that involves it.caketoo
Also a privacy concern.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

They said it will tie in to places like Facebook using our real names. Will we have to create a new account? So does this mean all our digital content is gone for good? Has me worried.ScreamDream

same here.. worried, but for different reason, they have not say anything about your account (no that they have said much about anything :P )

I don`t have a facebook account (against it) so I doubt they make it mandataroy

I`m worry about:

1. would they keep PLUS+ accounts?

2. instant collection games (free) for my plus account? gone? at least those were free.. what about the around 500us $ games in digital.. I really hope they can transfer my account; i mean even the wiiu was able to do so for what I have read (though u had to pay a dollar or so for the game to move, but it is better than losing ur game or buying in full :( guess, lets wait.... and hope for the best

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
They said "if" you have social media pages your could link them but you could still keep your gamer tag alias. So I would assume it is optional
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Yeah, no way am I putting my real name on there. 

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

More and more... I feel this will be my final gen of console (PS3)...

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nolson
Member since 2003 • 1141 Posts
I thought it was pretty obvious our SEN accounts will carry over given the dudes trophy level was 14.
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ScreamDream

I doubt it, some people actually dont have facebook and people dont want their full names for just anyone to see. It be the biggest failure in gaming if a facebook acct was required to use a system. I think its a terrible idea but to be fair I hate facebook and anything that involves it.caketoo
I hear ya, and if someone did have a facebook and they don't want to use their full name, you would have ot make a fake account for gaming only.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
They said "if" you have social media pages your could link them but you could still keep your gamer tag alias. So I would assume it is optionalhiryu3
This. They specifically said you can keep things anonymous if that's what you want.
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ScreamDream

They said "if" you have social media pages your could link them but you could still keep your gamer tag alias. So I would assume it is optionalhiryu3
I heard them say if you have a social account but did not hear of you can still keep your alias. Hmm might have to listen to that again.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

It is definitely optional.

Sony can't be forcing people to use facebook.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

More and more... I feel this will be my final gen of console (PS3)...

MonkeySpot

In some ways I'm with you, but I need new experiences in games, and I am just not content to play the same games for the rest of my life. I'm no fan of the streaming/always connected approach these things are taking, but that seems to be a more general trend in society that is unavoidable, and it's not just limited to game consoles. 

Avatar image for Encognito_Mr_BC
Encognito_Mr_BC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Encognito_Mr_BC
Member since 2012 • 57 Posts
I wonder if they'll delete old user names that aren't in use anymore?
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts
I thought it was pretty obvious our SEN accounts will carry over given the dudes trophy level was 14.nolson
hmm... thats a good observation... did not noticed that. u remember at what point of presentation was that seeing? so I can watch it .. thx :)
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

[QUOTE="nolson"]I thought it was pretty obvious our SEN accounts will carry over given the dudes trophy level was 14.chang_1910
hmm... thats a good observation... did not noticed that. u remember at what point of presentation was that seeing? so I can watch it .. thx :)

It was about 30 minutes in I believe. IGN had a screen shot that shows trophy level.

trophies-activities.jpg

Aaron-89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Aaron-89
Member since 2006 • 105 Posts

you guys are making a fuss over nothing, DEFINITELY said it was optional, so you and your friends can share more of the experience, which is a great idea as only people you already have on facebook would be able to access your profile.

Also said you can still create your own avatars and emblems and remain anonymous as they understand this is an important part of gaming.

some of you need to go get your ears cleaned out, or just stop trying to create a fuss over nothing!!

Avatar image for CaptnCharperrin
CaptnCharperrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CaptnCharperrin
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

you guys are making a fuss over nothing, DEFINITELY said it was optional, so you and your friends can share more of the experience, which is a great idea as only people you already have on facebook would be able to access your profile.

Also said you can still create your own avatars and emblems and remain anonymous as they understand this is an important part of gaming.

some of you need to go get your ears cleaned out, or just stop trying to create a fuss over nothing!!

Aaron-89

Yeah it is optional. I for one like the option for using your Facebook account. Be able to quickly share Gaming with friends and being able to use your real name is sweet! now when I snipe someone they will see my real name and the name can become FEARED in the gaming world haha

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

I just wanna know if we'll be able to add custom profile pictures like Steam, or will we be stuck using PSN's lousy selection of avatars again? Seems we might with that Facebook integration.

Also wanna know about PSN name changes.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

I would...So if people can seejacked_guy_probz.jpgwhat i really look like