New PS3... what to do???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

inFamous_Nik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 inFamous_Nik
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts

Well... i just got a ps3 yesterday n could not decide what game to buy. so i just didnt get one simply because i have an unlimited rental membership at hollywood video so im good for now. I wanted NCAA 08 but my friend told me he wouldnt have bought it if he played it first. then i wanted oblivion but i know it will be pretty boring for the most part n i tried renting it and it confirmed that. n then i was thinkin maybe ill buy the darkness... i heard it was good... but how long n how good is it really?

i would have bought R6V but i played n beat it on my friends 360. so no... n please dont tell me to get resistance or motorstorm cuz im just not into them.

so... any suggestions on what to get?

bllrby6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bllrby6
Member since 2003 • 155 Posts
The darkness is reeally good, i finished it the other day. the multiplayed is wack though. also, ninja gaiden sigma if you have the skill and the patience.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
Member since 2007 • 6696 Posts
whats your favorite genre of games
Avatar image for stevesurdaddy12
stevesurdaddy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 stevesurdaddy12
Member since 2006 • 373 Posts
i have ncaa08 on the 360, and its amazing, the legend mode, and dynasty are sick, great gameplay, if you like college football, ncaa08 is a must have
eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts
ninja gaiden sigma
Shaqneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Shaqneel
Member since 2006 • 1413 Posts
Ninja Gaiden Sigma is pretty good, if you like action games. Has great visuals and smooth gameplay. You can prolly either rent it before you buy it, or the demo from the playstation store is great, made me buy the game and i haven't regretted it.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
You aren't in to Resistance and Motorstorm? Remind me WHY you bought a PS3 again?
d_rios48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 d_rios48
Member since 2007 • 113 Posts

Motorstorm is kind of whack, you should have waited till August 14 to get a PS3 because that's when Lair comes out, you should buy that, that will totally be worth it, but In the mean time, you should check out Gran Turismo HD Concept and try out Ninja Gaiden Sigma, oh and Warhawk "Supposedly" comes out August 28 and I played the Beta and buying that is a no brainer.

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 eclipsed4utoo

Motorstorm is kind of whack, you should have waited till August 14 to get a PS3 because that's when Lair comes out, you should buy that, that will totally be worth it, but In the mean time, you should check out Gran Turismo HD Concept and try out Ninja Gaiden Sigma, oh and Warhawk "Supposedly" comes out August 28 and I played the Beta and buying that is a no brainer.

d_rios48

how is MotorStorm "whack"? because it doesn't have local multiplayer?

it's graphics are great. it's fun. it's challenging. it has online. what more could you ask for?

Devilwillcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Devilwillcry
Member since 2004 • 1976 Posts

Well... i just got a ps3 yesterday n could not decide what game to buy. so i just didnt get one simply because i have an unlimited rental membership at hollywood video so im good for now. I wanted NCAA 08 but my friend told me he wouldnt have bought it if he played it first. then i wanted oblivion but i know it will be pretty boring for the most part n i tried renting it and it confirmed that. n then i was thinkin maybe ill buy the darkness... i heard it was good... but how long n how good is it really?

i would have bought R6V but i played n beat it on my friends 360. so no... n please dont tell me to get resistance or motorstorm cuz im just not into them.

inFamous_Nik

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is AWESOME

Virtua Fighter 5 is pretty cool too

In a few weeks Lair hits if your into that.

In the mean time you could download all the demos on the PS store and check out some of the videos. They just put Castlevania SOTN up and that is pretty sweet. Fl0w, Calling All Cars, and Tekken: DR are also very cool. Plus Tekken is going online soon. If you want to appreciate the power of your PS3 GT:HD is a GREAT showcase! Download that immediately. You really should check out Resistance, it is a great game and its multiplayer is truly unmtched. The first time you join into a 40 player fragfest with no lag, you will realize that you are playing beyond.

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 eclipsed4utoo
[QUOTE="inFamous_Nik"]

Devilwillcry

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is AWESOME

Virtua Fighter 5 is pretty cool too

In a few weeks Lair hits if your into that.

In the mean time you could download all the demos on the PS store and check out some of the videos. They just put Castlevania SOTN up and that is pretty sweet. Fl0w, Calling All Cars, and Tekken: DR are also very cool. Plus Tekken is going online soon. If you want to appreciate the power of your PS3 GT:HD is a GREAT showcase! Download that immediately. You really should check out Resistance, it is a great game and its multiplayer is truly unmtched. The first time you join into a 40 player fragfest with no lag, you will realize that you are playing beyond.

don't forget about Super Stardust HD. that's one great game....all for $10.

ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts

super stardust is good

as is Tekken DR especially against friends.

i have resistnace motorstorm RSV and Sigma.

dorasword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dorasword
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

Try Ninja Gaiden, worth buying as the first game. Easy to learn and play, great graphic and smooth play.

Go to the Sony Store to try some trial games first. Motorstorm trial version is good, but the game does not offer much more than that.

Or waiting or Lair, Ratchet etc.

Galaxybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Galaxybear
Member since 2005 • 142 Posts
I dont understand how you could like R6V and consider The Darkness but not be "into" Resistance...
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
Resistance & Motorstorm are 2 of the best games on the system, I don't understand why you would say you're "not into them". I'd say try Ninja Gaiden:Sigma or The Darkness or Oblivion. Hopefully you won't say you're not into those games either because then there was really no reason for you to get a PS3 right now.
poe-catcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 poe-catcher
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
wait until fall when all the good games are comin, killzone 2, heavenly sword, playstation home over the playstation network, you can wait for metal gear solid 4, assasins creed, uncharted drakes fortune. for now, play god of war 2 on your ps3 untill fall. ps3 is a worthwile investment as long as u wait.
xceptone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xceptone
Member since 2004 • 52 Posts

You aren't in to Resistance and Motorstorm? Remind me WHY you bought a PS3 again?TheSystemLord1

Played them both and I certainly disliked them- for $65 that is. We're not all the same. My cup of tea was Ninja Gaiden Sigma- extremely challenging and satisfying.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
If you have a HDTV, get some blu-ray movies. I suggest Pirates of the carribean: Dead mans chest, the departed is good also.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

wait until fall when all the good games are comin, killzone 2, heavenly sword, playstation home over the playstation network, you can wait for metal gear solid 4, assasins creed, uncharted drakes fortune. for now, play god of war 2 on your ps3 untill fall. ps3 is a worthwile investment as long as u wait.poe-catcher

Killzone 2 is not coming out until 2008.

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 eclipsed4utoo

[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]You aren't in to Resistance and Motorstorm? Remind me WHY you bought a PS3 again?xceptone

Played them both and I certainly disliked them- for $65 that is. We're not all the same. My cup of tea was Ninja Gaiden Sigma- extremely challenging and satisfying.

did you play the actual games or the demos?

Darkclaw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Darkclaw007
Member since 2006 • 105 Posts

So, Oblivion bored you, and you are not into Motorstorm or Resistance (by FAR the best game out right now, simply for the online battles!). I am serious, if you haven't played Resistance give it a shot before you dismiss such an awesome game. It certainly blows Rainbow Six out of the water.

I do not know what else to tell you. Try Ninja Gaiden Sigma, it is a solid title. be prepared for a challenge though!

inFamous_Nik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 inFamous_Nik
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts
well hmm... i guess i will try resistance. i have just always liked more realistic shooters. but seems like ninja gaiden sigma is a pick up then?