New PS3 A word with my fellow gamers please

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CharmedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 CharmedGamer
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
I finally got a PS3 to go along with my 360 and I have a few questions.

Ok 1. What firmware updates are available up to this point and what do they do excactly?

2. Is Tekken downloadable and is it online?

3. Before I buy Fall of Man I would like to know what everyone here thought of it(single player, Multi player). I know you're thinking why not go to the review page, but I like to hear the word on the street from other gamers, I rarely trust or agree with "Professional" reviews(and I use that word loosely). I usually hate what is considered great (Gears of War, Madden) and love what is considered to be meak and just "ok"(Shadow of the Colossus, Shadowrun-hay two shadow games, lol).

4.Anything else you think I should know feel free to tell me.
VampiraJen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 VampiraJen
Member since 2005 • 340 Posts

major updates, from my perspective, are things like backwards compatability, remote play and stuff, and there have been quite a few handy tweeks. but you'll get everything to date in one update, (i think)

tekken is downloadable from the playstation store

r:fom...i got bored of it offline to be honest. it's okay, but better shooters are on the way. lot of fun online though, which is the only time i play it now. good story, grat graphics, but lacking something as an actuall game, i though. of course, everyone has an opinion.

anything else....?

umm...

PS3 ROCKS!!!...?

walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts

1. Heres a link http://www.us.playstation.com/ps3/network/updates

2. Tekken 4 DR is available and i think it is/will be online within a week

3. Resistance if THE GAME to get to every PS3 ownere

4. Enjoy PS3 Gaming

CharmedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CharmedGamer

Thanks, yeah the PS3 does rock. I'm in love with this thing and It was the first time I got to experience true hd with my hdmi port (got the 360 back before the elite).

I heard something an outan upscaling firmware update too but I don't know the details.Something about ps1 and 2 games and dvd upscaling if anyone knows about ititwouldbe much appreciated.

Oh yeah is tekken online and when does home start?
A_FITZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 A_FITZ
Member since 2006 • 398 Posts

Yes the PS3 upscales DVDS PS1 and PS2 games in an update a few months ago. Its very nice. Some PS2 games look like PS3 games.

So not only does it play at a higher resolution, but it also upscales the games.

CharmedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CharmedGamer
Sweet. About to try out these smallville disc, then. Just on a side note does anyone know why sometimes when I try to post gamespot registers everything I write as one long word?
A_FITZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 A_FITZ
Not really
Shensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Shensolidus
Member since 2003 • 931 Posts

Tekken goes online on August 23rd. You can buy the offline version now (if its still up) and then turn around and buy the online update at a cheaper price come thursday. On thursday there will also be a combo version which comes with the game and online version. Its just so that if you didn't have the original version. ]

As for Resistance. It's a great game. You will get some good single player, it plays really well and has some great features. Its multiplayer is much much better however. However, the majority of PS3 online gamers are going to be moving on to Warhawk come the 28th/29th. Buy it in stores and it comes with a blu-tooth headset that works with your PS3 and cell phone for voice chat.

A_FITZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 A_FITZ

You can buy the offline version now (if its still up)

Shensolidus

Yes it is still up.

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

Sweet. About to try out these smallville disc, then. Just on a side note does anyone know why sometimes when I try to post gamespot registers everything I write as one long word?CharmedGamer

it happens to me as well, I have no idea why, though.

CharmedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CharmedGamer
I appreciate all the help everyone. Sony and I are back together again, yes!
Avatar image for tylerdurden2621
tylerdurden2621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 tylerdurden2621
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts
I may be crazy, but in my opinion MLB THE SHOW is the best game on the console. I didn't care much for resistance, and I am a big shooter fan, and I did not like ninja gaiden, but thats to be expected because I hate ninja games. So far the only game that is worth owning that you cant get on a 360 is mlb the show, in my opinion. If you like baseball simulations then its a must have imo.