New Killzone 3 Info

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

From the article

"It's Eurogamer Expo time, and that can only mean the Gamer's Guide to Life network is here to bring you exclusive information live from London. First up, we've got brand new info on the upcoming fanboy-baiting Killzone 3, after the jump.

In a Q&A session with the general public, Guerilla Games revealed that they'd totally removed all controller lag from the multiplayer element of the game. Also, the single player campaign will be much longer than the short-but-hard-as-nails Killzone 2.
Plus, all you PS3 owners best keep an ear to the ground, and Public Beta information will start surfacing soon.

You can see all those points, plus many, many more (just cick to play the live-lbog feature on the right) over on our Eurogamer Expo site. Keep checking it to get the latest news, right from the source. Enjoy!"

LINK TO ARTICLE

Here's another link with some more info on the Eurogamer Expo with some Kz3 info LINK

and here is an interview from Eurogamer Expo LINK

IN SHORT KILLZONE 3 HAS LONGER CAMPAIGN THAN KZ2,NO MORE WEIGHTED CONTROLS

Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

Thanks for the update and the link mate.

Happy about most of it. Fingers crossed for access to the public beta.

removing the control lag though? I never see lag on KZ2 online. Unless they are taling about the weight of the controls. which i absolutely loved. So i aint happy about that!

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vader993

removing the control lag though? I never see lag on KZ2 online. Unless they are taling about the weight of the controls. which i absolutely loved. So i aint happy about that!

TroubleMaker411

i didn't make the links i stole them off someguy on kz forums :P

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
AWESOME!!! CAN'T WAIT!
ElGreco88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 ElGreco88
Member since 2009 • 766 Posts

TroubleMaker411

When they say control lag they mean this slight response delay that a lot of people kept complaining about.

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

NO MORE WEIGHTED CONTROLS

Vader993

Lame. I liked the weighted controlls of KZ2.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vader993

lets me post them

It's Eurogamer Expo time, and that can only mean the Gamer's Guide to Life network is here to bring you exclusive information live from London. First up, we've got brand new info on the upcoming fanboy-baiting Killzone 3, after the jump.

In a Q&A session with the general public, Guerilla Games revealed that they'd totally removed all controller lag from the multiplayer element of the game. Also, the single player campaign will be much longer than the short-but-hard-as-nails Killzone 2. Plus, all you PS3 owners best keep an ear to the ground, and Public Beta information will start surfacing soon.

You can see all those points, plus many, many more (just cick to play the live-blog feature on the right) over on our Eurogamer Expo site. Keep checking it to get the latest news, right from the source. Enjoy!

his weekend, at the Eurogamer Expo, this and next years biggest titles are on show for the public to get their first taste. With early access for press available on the opening day, it was the most opportune moment to get hands with the triple-A title that is Killzone 3. Three levels were available – all in 3D – each showing a different mechanic of the highly anticipated shooter. The first level was 'Infused Flight' where you pilot a mini-gun aboard an ISA Intruder. Your goal is obvious, obliterate every Helghast in sight. This level showcases both some of Killzone 3′s most impressive visuals and the true feeling of a war zone that Guerrilla Games' previous shooter captured so vividly. The second level is entitled "Jetpack", which is quite self-explanatory really. Opening on a series of icebergs and equipped a jetpack, you have to leap across towards a Helghast occupied oil rig looking base. Using the initial period of infiltration as a tutorial of sorts, once you engage in combat, the true power of the jetpack is unleashed. With 3D showing its best colours during jetpack combat, it was a refreshing change to the usual Killzone combat and incredibly enjoyable experience. The third level was WASP, due to the use of the immensely powerful weapon, WASP. As you advance up an icy mountain, taking out enemy Helghast left and right, before making mince-meat of the tank in the middle with the WASP, it showed off the new additions to Killzone; much tighter and faster controls without losing that sense of weight, mixed with some glorious looking visuals. Overall, the tighter controls on Killzone 3 make the game feel slightly faster than its predecessor, yet its just as fantastic as ever. With some brilliant use of 3D it could well help push the technology forward next year. his weekend, at the Eurogamer Expo, this and next years biggest titles are on show for the public to get their first taste. With early access for press available on the opening day, it was the most opportune moment to get hands with the triple-A title that is Killzone 3. Three levels were available – all in 3D – each showing a different mechanic of the highly anticipated shooter. The first level was 'Infused Flight' where you pilot a mini-gun aboard an ISA Intruder. Your goal is obvious, obliterate every Helghast in sight. This level showcases both some of Killzone 3′s most impressive visuals and the true feeling of a war zone that Guerrilla Games' previous shooter captured so vividly. The second level is entitled "Jetpack", which is quite self-explanatory really. Opening on a series of icebergs and equipped a jetpack, you have to leap across towards a Helghast occupied oil rig looking base. Using the initial period of infiltration as a tutorial of sorts, once you engage in combat, the true power of the jetpack is unleashed. With 3D showing its best colours during jetpack combat, it was a refreshing change to the usual Killzone combat and incredibly enjoyable experience. The third level was WASP, due to the use of the immensely powerful weapon, WASP. As you advance up an icy mountain, taking out enemy Helghast left and right, before making mince-meat of the tank in the middle with the WASP, it showed off the new additions to Killzone; much tighter and faster controls without losing that sense of weight, mixed with some glorious looking visuals. Overall, the tighter controls on Killzone 3 make the game feel slightly faster than its predecessor, yet its just as fantastic as ever. With some brilliant use of 3D it could well help push the technology forward next year.

jshaas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jshaas
Member since 2003 • 2411 Posts
I thought the campaign was long enough in KZ2. The difficulty made it seem much longer than it actually was. Does this mean KZ3 will be easier? Also, the weighted controls are what help separate KZ from the other FPS, and it's only been removed from the multiplayer... not the entire game. That's good news because I thought the controls in KZ2 were perfect. Sure there was a learning curve for it, but it really helped with the intensity of the story and gameplay.
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vader993

[QUOTE="Vader993"]

J-Man725

its not twitchy like cod,some of weighted controls still are there

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vader993

I thought the campaign was long enough in KZ2. The difficulty made it seem much longer than it actually was. Does this mean KZ3 will be easier? Also, the weighted controls are what help separate KZ from the other FPS, and it's only been removed from the multiplayer... not the entire game. That's good news because I thought the controls in KZ2 were perfect. Sure there was a learning curve for it, but it really helped with the intensity of the story and gameplay.jshaas

i disagree kz2 campaign was lackluster,i still enjoy long single campaign and a epic storyline

Ozbendigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ozbendigo
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts

cant wait till the game is out

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vader993

no real info on coop (i hope there is)

Will gamers be able to play Killzone 3's campaign cooperatively? "Who knows?", producer Steven Ter Heide has teased.

Ter Heide refused to deny the inclusion of campaign co-op in the hotly anticipated PlayStation 3 exclusive during a just-finished developer session at Eurogamer Expo 2010.

"In terms of co-op modes, we cannot talk about that. But who knows?" Ter Heide offered.

Right now confirmed features include campaign ("we're aiming for a campaign that's longer than the one we had in Killzone 2") and competitive multiplayer ("we've got matchmaking so you can drop into games with people of your own skill set," and "we've also implemented a party system so you can go with your friends from game to game and stay together").

Ter Heide did confirm, however, that developer Guerrilla Games has no plans to include a cooperative mode similar to Halo's Firefight or Gears of War's Horde.

"I find them [Horde and Firefight] very cool and interesting," Ter Heide revealed. "It's not something we've considered for Killzone just yet. We're very happy with the multiplayer offering we have. There's a lot of variety in there. You can play with bots. All the different modes, from Guerrilla Warfare to our Warzone mode, with dynamic mission switching Operations Mode, which is a new game mode.

"But we haven't considered something like Horde or Firefight mode, no."

During his developer session Ter Heide played Killzone 3 live with the Move controller, showing off camera and targeting reticule movement and the automatic lock on function that triggers when players zoom in.

Heide admitted, however, that core players will favour the DualShock over Move.

"Obviously Move control is implemented for multiplayer as well. Right now we're going through a lot of playtesting to find out whether we can have the Move players in the same game with DualShock players.

"We know our hardcore QA guys have grown up with DualShock and they're well versed in that, and they run circles around the Move players. But because we have auto-lock, we need to find out if we can rebalance that and see how that works."

Guerrilla will use information gathered from an open beta – news of which is due "pretty soon" - to decide if it will separate Move players from DualShock players.

"At some point it's going to turn into snowboarders versus skiers, whether you're a Move player or a DualShock player. But there's a little bit of something for everybody."

The Duth developer is also figuring out how to retain Killzone's trademark weighty feel when the game's played with Move.

"Move, in terms of how it moves on the screen, makes everything feel a lot lighter," he said. "We're still working to find out if we can make some adjustments to the animations to make sure the weighty feel of the weapons is still there.

"We still want to have that same feeling of weight, where if you're walking through the world you feel that you're carrying a weapon. With the Move it's a little bit tricky to get that done, because you want to be able to move it around. That's something right now we're play testing to see if we can get that balance right. It won't feel the same as with the DualShock.

"The book hasn't been written yet. Everybody gets DualShock press X to jump. If X isn't jump then the game's broken or something. On the Move we still have to invent a lot of those rules. I'm pretty sure than in a year's time certain rules will have established themselves and the Move controls will feel natural."

We've just finished interviewing Ter Heide and will have it up on the site soon. Game's out in February 2011.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-10-02-kz3-campaign-co-op-who-knows-gg

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Seems to me like they're going the mainstream route. Sucks, I guess it will just turn into another FPS with no uniqueness. At least killzone2 had stuff that made it unique to other FPS's.
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vader993

Seems to me like they're going the mainstream route. Sucks, I guess it will just turn into another FPS with no uniqueness. At least killzone2 had stuff that made it unique to other FPS's.Fightingfan

i don't think so,they just making it little bit easier to play its still killzone at heart

Rez89x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rez89x
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts

I thought the weighted controls were decent, not as good as everyone made it out to be.

The only thing I hated about the game was the fact that it's probably the only "ADS" shooter that was more effective with hipfire.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Fightingfan

I thought the weighted controls were decent, not as good as everyone made it out to be.

The only thing I hated about the game was the fact that it's probably the only "ADS" shooter that was more effective with hipfire.

Rez89x
I always thought that was part of the game.. . How do you ADS instantly when the guns weighs about 300 LBS.
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Cant wait for the beta! Im definitely gonna keep an eye out for it :D

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

Seems to me like they're going the mainstream route. Sucks, I guess it will just turn into another FPS with no uniqueness. At least killzone2 had stuff that made it unique to other FPS's.Fightingfan
Are you kidding me? Suddenly because they refined the controls a little it's just like every other FPS?

=/=

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fightingfan

^^

Yes, all FPS with my eyes are exactly the same except for Maps, Guns, controls.

*Excluding Campaign

Also, that picture kinda proves my point its the same game reskined with slight gameplay changes.

Perks instead of classes.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 anime_gamer007

^^

*Excluding Campaign

Also, that picture kinda proves my point its the same game reskined with slight gameplay changes.

Fightingfan

The same can easily be said about fighting games. Games in the same genre tend to play similarly. Look at BioShock vs Half Life 2. Portal vs Halo.

All fighting games are exactly the same except for arenas, characters, button layout. See what I did there?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

^^

*Excluding Campaign

anime_gamer007

The same can easily be said about fighting games. Games in the same genre tend to play similarly. Look at BioShock vs Half Life 2. Portal vs Halo.

All fighting games are exactly the same except for arenas, characters, button layout. See what I did there?

Exactly, we're arguing my opinion.
thecoolhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thecoolhh
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

Good to hear. I enjoyed KZ2 quite a bit but I wasn't a huge fan of the controls and the story mode was pretty short.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#23 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Longer campaign and a beta, whoa...

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vader993

man february won't come soon enough,

Rez89x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rez89x
Member since 2010 • 84 Posts

[QUOTE="Rez89x"]

Fightingfan

I always thought that was part of the game.. . How do you ADS instantly when the guns weighs about 300 LBS.

If a Rifle weighs 300lbs then you're going to get dominated and shouldn't even call yourself a soldier.

Aside from your insanely wrong assumption on how much the guns weigh, I never said you should have to constantly ADS or do it instantly, however, it's not even a viable option. It has too much kickback when you ADS to try and shoot someone long-range and hip-firing is a much safer and accurate way of doing it.

You play the game like it's CS or Halo. ADS is absolutely useless unless you're scoping in with a sniper. If they aren't going to fix it, take it out.

shani_boy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shani_boy101
Member since 2006 • 5423 Posts
Why no weighted controls? Damn you cod fanboys!
LightGalaxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LightGalaxy_07
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

cool when will be the beta start?

Psychic_Horns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Psychic_Horns
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

Why no weighted controls? Damn you cod fanboys!shani_boy101

Yeh, that really annoys me to be honest. Guerilla caved in to the crybabies.

Thanks a lot you cod fanboy bastards. You've ruined a perfectly good game cos you suck at games.

Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts

Cannot wait for this game!

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]Seems to me like they're going the mainstream route. Sucks, I guess it will just turn into another FPS with no uniqueness. At least killzone2 had stuff that made it unique to other FPS's.Vader993

i don't think so,they just making it little bit easier to play its still killzone at heart

I agree. I think every video I have seen looks VERY similar to killzone 2, except way better :P. I like all the changes they are making, and stuff they are adding. Almost certainly picking this game up with the Move.

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vader993

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyBipZMtgs4

i found a video interview i can't find part one,sorry

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

[QUOTE="TroubleMaker411"]

ElGreco88

When they say control lag they mean this slight response delay that a lot of people kept complaining about.

yea cause everyone that sucks just blames it on the controls (whats new) god that pisses me off
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="ElGreco88"]

[QUOTE="TroubleMaker411"]

jerkface96

yea cause everyone that sucks just blames it on the controls (whats new) god that pisses me off

I love the Killzone style, and I actually got quite good at it when I played a lot, but the controls were somewhat broken. Most people would agree on that. It is REALLY hard to get used to and takes a LONG time to get any good at. they still have a waited feel, that is obvious from every video shown, so I like the changes they made.

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

[QUOTE="jerkface96"][QUOTE="ElGreco88"]

NaveedLife

I love the Killzone style, and I actually got quite good at it when I played a lot, but the controls were somewhat broken. Most people would agree on that. It is REALLY hard to get used to and takes a LONG time to get any good at. they still have a waited feel, that is obvious from every video shown, so I like the changes they made.

i never had a problem with it, as long as its a weighted feel like BFBC2 rather the twitchy feel like COD, ill be happy cause when i wanna play cod , Ill play cod lol
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Vader993

watch the interview

there will more vehicles more than just mechs and jetpacks

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="jerkface96"] yea cause everyone that sucks just blames it on the controls (whats new) god that pisses me off jerkface96

i never had a problem with it, as long as its a weighted feel like BFBC2 rather the twitchy feel like COD, ill be happy cause when i wanna play cod , Ill play cod lol

I agree with that no doubt. I think the videos show it is weighted like BC2 (probably a bit more so even), and not COD. I don't like COD's style one bit, but LOVE BF's, so yes I like that KZ is like that. I find KZ to borrow from both, but feel more like BF then COD. But the thing that is so awesome about KZ is its style, which seems more then in tact.

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

I liked the controls too, but trying to be different just for the sake of "not being like CoD" is ridiculous. Obviously the developer would rather pick up a few more customers than stroke your elitist "look at me I'm so good at KZ2" **** ego.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
for those who are complaining about the weight being removed, its not ENTIRELY true. some or most of the weight is there. they just made it alil easier for others to pick it up and play
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
I liked killzone 2 controls and thanks for the info").
brittoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 brittoss
Member since 2004 • 1028 Posts

There is no info on what I want to know.

Have they improved the dialogue with less pointless swearing and secondly, the most important of all, will we get a posthumous speech and dialogue by the amazing Brian Cox as Scolar Visari?

Oh and i hope Rico gets given the flick!

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

Have they improved the dialogue with less pointless swearing

brittoss

I'm pretty sure that was one of the first bits of info released about the game.

"...we feel the dialogue in there shouldn't be gratuitous; it should be about advancing the story and natural responses. It shouldn't be off-the-scale swearing. We've toned it down a little bit to make sure that the story comes across in the way we wanted it to come across..."

Here.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 anime_gamer007

[QUOTE="brittoss"]

J-Man725

"...we feel the dialogue in there shouldn't be gratuitous; it should be about advancing the story and natural responses. It shouldn't be off-the-scale swearing. We've toned it down a little bit to make sure that the story comes across in the way we wanted it to come across..."

Here.

So, no more:

****ing Higs!

Sev get the **** over here!

Mother ****ers!

or random moments of Rico going: Shiiiiiiit!

Jeez, Rico can't have too much dialogue then, maybe he'll be less annoying.

iMojo786_PSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 iMojo786_PSN
Member since 2010 • 1641 Posts

[QUOTE="Vader993"]

J-Man725

same here, it actually felt like i was holding a gun and equiped with heavy gear, now were gona have to deal with the NakesSolider on the battlefeild type.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3101 Posts

Best thing they ever could've done

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="J-Man725"]

[QUOTE="brittoss"]

anime_gamer007

Here.

So, no more:

****ing Higs!

Sev get the **** over here!

Mother ****ers!

or random moments of Rico going: Shiiiiiiit!

Jeez, Rico can't have too much dialogue then, maybe he'll be less annoying.

Yep, the swearing is cut down and Rico is said to play a big part and have matured :P.

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

[QUOTE="Vader993"]

J-Man725

So did I.