new internet connection plz help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zoez_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zoez_2006
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts
i just got comcast internet and i use a wired connection but everytime i plug my ethernet cable into the modem nothing happens on my ps3 all it says is "no ehternet cable connected" so can anybody plz help me
teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 teacher4tc
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts
Are you able to attempt a wireless connection with router, if not I would try your ether net cable into your computer and make sure the cables is good.
halokila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 halokila
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts

i used to have this problem 2. so what i did was in the back of the modem theres this little pin-hole that says REEBOOT EMPTA, what i did was find a peace of lead from a mechanical pencil and pushed the button and itll take some time but when all the lights in the modem are done flashing, then it means that its done. that resolved it for me :)

Oh yeah btw i have comcast 2 so i know what your going thrue

Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts

i used to have this problem 2. so what i did was in the back of the modem theres this little pin-hole that says REEBOOT EMPTA, what i did was find a peace of lead from a mechanical pencil and pushed the button and itll take some time but when all the lights in the modem are done flashing, then it means that its done. that resolved it for me :)

Oh yeah btw i have comcast 2 so i know what your going thrue

halokila

I had that problem too, and tech support told me to unplug the modem for 15 sec and then plug it back in everytime I switch the cable around to reset the system. Eventually I bought a router, placed it in between the modem and the rest of my stuff and haven't had a problem since.

zoez_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 zoez_2006
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts
thanks my psn is now working now i can go download bioshock