New Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD scan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tgabeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tgabeer
Member since 2012 • 72 Posts

final_fantasy_x_hd_scan1-225x300.jpg

http://gamingeverything.com/43560/new-final-fantasy-x-hd-x-2-scan/

Avatar image for Deadman_est1982
Deadman_est1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Deadman_est1982
Member since 2004 • 1188 Posts

The first Final Fantasy Series I ever loathed.  XIII isn't too far behind.  I wish the days of IX would come back but that's just MY fantasy.

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

The first Final Fantasy Series I ever loathed.  XIII isn't too far behind.  I wish the days of IX would come back but that's just MY fantasy.

Deadman_est1982
Weird. IX and X are my favorite in the series. I can understand why someone would loathe XIII, but I really don't get the hate for X.
Deadman_est1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Deadman_est1982

[QUOTE="Deadman_est1982"]

Lost-to-Apathy

Weird. IX and X are my favorite in the series. I can understand why someone would loathe XIII, but I really don't get the hate for X.

I hated Tidus and Yuna so much because they were an aboslute bore imho.  The only character I liked was Lulu.  Don't even get me started on Waka or however you spell his name.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#5 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Deadman_est1982

:lol:

You came into a thread that was obviously about a game you hate just to post this? Now that's just silly.

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"][QUOTE="Deadman_est1982"]

Deadman_est1982

I hated Tidus and Yuna so much because they were an aboslute bore imho.  The only character I liked was Lulu.  Don't even get me started on Waka or however you spell his name.

Really? See now this is getting any weirder because Lulu hardly had a personality. Perhaps you just liked her because of her breasts?

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Lulu is fanservice through and through. I can understand the dislike of Yuna because she's quite generic. Not giving props to Auron? Blasphemy!

Deadman_est1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Deadman_est1982

I liked Lulu because I tend to like the "darker" "mysterious" characters.  Yes, her honkers weren't bad to look at either.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
Where's the love for Rikku in this thread? :( I don't normally like the overly peppy characters but I adored Rikku for some reason. Auron is a total badass, and I agree with this, since Lulu was another of my favorite characters for the same reason:

I liked Lulu because I tend to like the "darker" "mysterious" characters.  Yes, her honkers weren't bad to look at either.

Deadman_est1982
Avatar image for Ace_of_Spades90
Ace_of_Spades90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ace_of_Spades90
Member since 2012 • 815 Posts

I always liked having Rikku in my party, considering she had the coolest overdrive: mix. So many combinations. ;) Not to mention, she's pretty speedy and has a lot of luck on her side. I've never been fond of slow and powerful typs of characters like Auron.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

You and me both. With all the great stories and characters in older PC games, some console games, and all the progress that video games in general have made with story, writing, characters, and acting I don't know why people still have such high opinions of FFX.

[QUOTE="Deadman_est1982"]

[QUOTE="Lost-to-Apathy"] Weird. IX and X are my favorite in the series. I can understand why someone would loathe XIII, but I really don't get the hate for X. Lost-to-Apathy

Really? See now this is getting any weirder because Lulu hardly had a personality. Perhaps you just liked her because of her breasts?

That was why she was one of my favorite characters as well, no personality means that she gave me no reason to hate her like everyone else but Auron.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

i'm sooo super pumped for this game :oops:

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i really want to get this game, it's been too long since i last played this, and i really want to see the new graphics for it
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#14 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

Not giving props to Auron? Blasphemy!

whiskeystrike
THIS IS SPARTA ! ! ! In otherwords. . I agree and go for the kick . . .
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Khimari > Auron

He was a walking blue lion. That's freaking badass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#16 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

While we're on the subject of the characters, I guess I'll throw in my ten cents.

I guess I liked Tidus, Yuna, Wakka and Lulu the best.

Khimari seemed out-of-place, and Rikku and Auron were okay but I felt like they stole too much screen-time.

I liked the setting and atmosphere of X, because it had this kind of oriental atmosphere that was different from the worlds of the other games.

As far as the HD comparisons go...  I can't really tell much from the pictures because they are so small.  I think it looks like they made things less 'jaggy' and more realistic, though?

Jyakotu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 Jyakotu
Member since 2005 • 158 Posts
I can see where Square smoothed out some of the textures, but it's not much of a difference. If anything, the only reason to get these HD remasters is because they're both based on the International versions, which most American players haven't played. Hell, they might as well throw in an HD remaster of XII International ZJS and just make it a PS2 FF collection.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
i still think the final fantasy that would benefit most from an HDmake is XII. it's one of the better looking PS2 games and the only thing that held it back was the relatively low resolution.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts
i still think the final fantasy that would benefit most from an HDmake is XII. it's one of the better looking PS2 games and the only thing that held it back was the relatively low resolution.LoG-Sacrament
i agree. ff12 was ps2 at its best. not only did it look great but the game was so vast. tons of exploration and stuff it was like an rpg lovers dream. FFX is still my favourite game of all time though so i'm hyped. but i liked the gameplay of ff12 better and if it had more cutscenes and character development like FFX it wouldve been so much better.
azairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 azairy
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Khimari > Auron

He was a walking blue lion. That's freaking badass.

yokofox33
But he was HORNLESS!! Lol I remember that scene where the other dudes of his species were making fun of him.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
They both sucked the first time around. Slapping a new paint job on them isn't going to make them suck any less.
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6991 Posts
<--- Likes FF6, FF10, and FF13 equally
Avatar image for Zero_resistance
Zero_resistance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Zero_resistance
Member since 2009 • 232 Posts

XIII series was crap.  I-XII were outstanding games.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

it's kind of sad that at this point we are looking forward to re-releases of ps2 games but either way ill be getting it. FFX is my favourite game of all time. i just really hate square's marketing practices seriously. they release a random trailer of little half second clips and get everyone excited and then you don't hear from them in the next 5 years.

now they announced that FFX HD remake is official as if it wasn't something we already knew. they just announced a date that would announce a new trailer and have yet to announce the announcement of any release date.