New 2nd Gen PS3 Slim Bundle...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

viking805fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 viking805fan
Member since 2007 • 592 Posts

Since mine died yesterday what do u guys think of this bundle?? I heard this the new wave of slims with new the 40nm RSX graphics chip. Which makes run cooler and use less power.

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-250-Fathers-Bundle-Playstation-3/dp/B003L56Z00/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1275848335&sr=1-7

Avatar image for xYourSweet6669x
xYourSweet6669x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xYourSweet6669x
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

Since mine died yesterday what do u guys think of this bundle?? I heard this the new wave of slims with new the 40nm RSX graphics chip. Which makes run cooler and use less power.

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-250-Fathers-Bundle-Playstation-3/dp/B003L56Z00/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1275848335&sr=1-7

viking805fan
that is a great bundle if you don't already have LPB. but i would shop around 1st, i managed to score a bundle at my local walmart, it was the 160GB Fat, with 3 free games ( LBP, KZ2, Uncharted) and a blue ray movie,
viking805fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 viking805fan

I already have LBP but I will probably sell it to a friend.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
wait, dont get it that one yet, i work at gamestop, and we are receiving a shipment of new ps3s, 250gb with infamous and lbp for 349.99. not that amazons deal is wack, but for the same price u get 2 games. so call ur local gamstop and find out when they gettin their shipment, we should get ours this tuesday, although some got theirs on friday the 4th
viking805fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 viking805fan

Yea but I already have those games and I can preorder it on amazon to get one guaranteed. Also no tax and free shipping alone is worth besides a free game and a nice HDMI cable for free

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JoKeR_421

Yea but I already have those games and I can preorder it on amazon to get one guaranteed. Also no tax and free shipping alone is worth besides a free game and a nice HDMI cable for free

viking805fan
the one at gamestop comes with hdmi also, and u can sell those games on amazon or ebay and make a profit( infamous and LBP that is)
viking805fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 viking805fan

True but I dont like selling stuff through ebay...

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

wait, dont get it that one yet, i work at gamestop, and we are receiving a shipment of new ps3s, 250gb with infamous and lbp for 349.99. not that amazons deal is wack, but for the same price u get 2 games. so call ur local gamstop and find out when they gettin their shipment, we should get ours this tuesday, although some got theirs on friday the 4thJoKeR_421
Better yet, wait for announcements at E3, and then make your decision. I'd imagine that Black Friday bundles will be pretty good this year for the PS3 as it's already getting bundles months before. I don't remember there being any bundles last year except for Black Friday - which were comparable to these new bundles being released.

viking805fan

HDMI cables can be bought for less than a dollar on Amazon and other websites, anyway; that other deal is obsolete if what you're saying is true, even if it didn't include an HDMI cable. It doesn't make sense to me that Amazon would have a bundle like this if Gamestop has a much superior one.

I didn't expect the PS3 to have any price cuts this year, so I went ahead and bought it last year during Black Friday. Now it seems that they'll have a special Move bundle with the PS3 later this year for around $300.

viking805fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 viking805fan

Yea I know how cheap the cable can cost. To be honest with ya I own 69 ps3 games, so pretty much theres no game they can bundle with it that I probably dont have.... I just want the console itself and amazon has with free shipping and tax and I save the most money, I really dont care about the stuff they bundle it with

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]wait, dont get it that one yet, i work at gamestop, and we are receiving a shipment of new ps3s, 250gb with infamous and lbp for 349.99. not that amazons deal is wack, but for the same price u get 2 games. so call ur local gamstop and find out when they gettin their shipment, we should get ours this tuesday, although some got theirs on friday the 4thRogueShodown

Better yet, wait for announcements at E3, and then make your decision. I'd imagine that Black Friday bundles will be pretty good this year for the PS3 as it's already getting bundles months before. I don't remember there being any bundles last year except for Black Friday - which were comparable to these new bundles being released.

viking805fan

HDMI cables can be bought for less than a dollar on Amazon and other websites, anyway; that other deal is obsolete if what you're saying is true, even if it didn't include an HDMI cable. It doesn't make sense to me that Amazon would have a bundle like this if Gamestop has a much superior one.

I didn't expect the PS3 to have any price cuts this year, so I went ahead and bought it last year during Black Friday. Now it seems that they'll have a special Move bundle with the PS3 later this year for around $300.

ofcourse black friday is always going to have better deals. im just giving him some info that i know. but either way TC if u want the free shippin and no tax then go for it it is a better and good deal that suits u, like u said there isnt any game they can bundle, cuz u have most of the games. lol i was in the same boat as lol, i have almost 60 games(including psn games) and i dont see anythin that they could bundle that i would want. so....go for the amazon deal i guess, and hope u enjoy ur slim as much as i am lol.
viking805fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 viking805fan

Thanks joker for the response dude, I will still miss my original 60GB Ps3 though...:cry:

XxFireHawkXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XxFireHawkXx
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

Im also wondering whether or not I should get this bundle. I dont see a reason for that much memory but since it is the same price and the 250gb with a free game and hdmi cord then why not? Is it true about the new graphics card making it fun faster and cooler?

viking805fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 viking805fan

Yea it only uses 100w compared to to the 1st gen which used up to 380w so it runs a lot cooler and quieter. Trust by the end of this gen. you will probably need that much GB...lol

kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#14 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

Sound like a great deal I myself may jump on that. thanks for the info. :)

XxFireHawkXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XxFireHawkXx
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

Yea it only uses 100w compared to to the 1st gen which used up to 380w so it runs a lot cooler and quieter. Trust by the end of this gen. you will probably need that much GB...lol

viking805fan

Is that power comparison based off the first gen slim or the very first ps3 fat?

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

Yea I know how cheap the cable can cost. To be honest with ya I own 69 ps3 games, so pretty much theres no game they can bundle with it that I probably dont have.... I just want the console itself and amazon has with free shipping and tax and I save the most money, I really dont care about the stuff they bundle it with

viking805fan

But why wouldn't you get the Gamestop bundle, then; unless you don't have one near you. It has both items plus Infamous, if what joker said is true.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Decent deal, I still think the price should be more around $299..both consoles are fairly old now.
viking805fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 viking805fan

The power consumption figures was comparing the 60gb phat vs the 2nd gen slim. like i was saying i could care less about the games it comes bundled with as long as i get the console as cheap as possible. Sooo no tax and free shipping for the win and of course the 2nd gen 250gb slim. :)