Never played battlefield series.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts

Hey guys. I was just wondering how the battlefield series was, I know the 4th one looks slick. My specific question is how is the multiplayer compared to COD? I'm not great at online games generally. Is it like a one man show or more team based? Thanks

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@H_M_1:

Don't get 4, its trash.

crewe8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 crewe8
Member since 2008 • 703 Posts

I've been a bf player for about 4 years, converted from cod.. Bf is a lot more team based, but some players don't seem to get it and it can feel like your on your own. As I haven't played cod since black ops 1, I can't really comment on how that is now.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#4 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

You will have a hard time switching from COD to BF. They really are different games in terms of feel and just the scope of the games. BF4 was pretty brutal at launch but it sounds like they have fixed most of the stability problems. I'd say its worth checking out if you can get it on sale. If not, maybe just wait for the new BF: Hardline coming out this year. There is an open beta launching this fall for it too.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

I have both Ghosts and Battlefield 4 and I love both but theyre very different games. Ghosts is lone run and gun and Battlefield is teamwork. Yes, you have players in Battlefield who dont work well with others but when youre in a squad that is actually working together then it is awesome.

I prefer Battlefield but like another use said above, it's hard to switch. I'll play Call of Duty for a while and kick ass, then I go to Battlefield and Ill do horrible. Same with vice versa.

Also, dont get Battlefield unless you have a high end PC or X1/PS4. It's made for high end pc's and new-gen consoles. I had it on Xbox 360 and it was horrible. Very dull and bland looking, bad frame-rate, buggy gameplay. I got rid of it but when I got my Xbox One I decided to buy it again and see how it was on next-gen and it was a very big, very noticable difference.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

is the battlefield 4 campaign any good.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@sukraj said:

Not really, BF was never good at story telling, hate saying this, but COD stories might be better.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sukraj

@GTR12 said:

@sukraj said:

Not really, BF was never good at story telling, hate saying this, but COD stories might be better.

I think i'll stay well clear of it then.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XOne_ShotX91

@sukraj: It's not excellent, but it's a huge step up from Battlefield 3 though. Call of Duty is a better campaign though.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sukraj

@xone_shotx91 said:

@sukraj: It's not excellent, but it's a huge step up from Battlefield 3 though. Call of Duty is a better campaign though.

thanks for the comment i think i'll wait for the next COD game.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XOne_ShotX91

@sukraj: You can, but if you like chaotic (in a good way) and in depth multiplayer gameplay, then I wouldnt pass it up. This basically sums it up, in my opinion. If you want multiplayer, go with Battlefield. If youre a single player guy, then go with Call of Duty. Have fun with whatever you pick though. Ill be picking both Hardline and Advanced Warfare up.

daviddiorio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By daviddiorio
Member since 2013 • 31 Posts

What are you going to be playing it on if you get it? If you have either of the next gen consoles get Battlefield 4, 32v32 players is amazing and they have fixed most of the issues they were having at launch. However, I'm not sure how well the PC version is running at the moment. The campaign is just ok and it is really short, you should be able to finish it in about 5-6 hours. Multiplayer is great and yes depending on the team you are playing with there is a lot more team work than COD.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

@GTR12: I wouldn't say it was "trash"

It just wasn't finished. I'm having way better experiences now than I did at launch. Sad I know but that speaks for something

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

get 1942. lets play some Desert Combat mod! Woooooo

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sukraj

@xone_shotx91 said:

@sukraj: You can, but if you like chaotic (in a good way) and in depth multiplayer gameplay, then I wouldnt pass it up. This basically sums it up, in my opinion. If you want multiplayer, go with Battlefield. If youre a single player guy, then go with Call of Duty. Have fun with whatever you pick though. Ill be picking both Hardline and Advanced Warfare up.

I'm more into Single Player so i'll be picking up Call of Duty advance warfare lol

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XOne_ShotX91

@sukraj: In that case, I dont blame you there, lol.

Odd1ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Odd1ne
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I enjoyed it didn't like it as much on the 360 as only max 32 players just got battlefield today looking forward to some 32on32 multi player

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

its ok. not the best fps, not the worst...I would say black ops is better, and mw2 is better as well.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i enjoyed the single player portion of bf4 more than cod: ghosts... if you are into cod mp, you'll die a lot in bf series until you get the hang of the game's mechanics and players... :)

laujonat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 laujonat
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

like many of the posters on this thread, i made the switch from COD to BF. I've been playing BF4 for a bit now and to be honest..I just want the storyline to end so I can get my trophies. There's nothing too compelling or moving about the story you go through.

Online play CAN be fun if you have friends or meet people who actually play BF the way it's meant to be played...IN TEAMS PEOPLE. But a lot of people seem to go Rambo and think they can go on single rampages like in COD making the game less fun.

Overall..I'm waiting for a new FPS installment that'll set higher standards for COD and BF. But in my opinion, BF is still more fun than COD.

nechiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nechiken
Member since 2009 • 93 Posts

If you're looking for single player, play BF Bad Company 1. All the Battlefields after that have trash tier linear campaigns.

As for multiplayer, listen to someone else cause I've never gotten into it.

DuaIFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DuaIFace
Member since 2009 • 581 Posts

I thought it hilarious that DICE/EA put weapons you could only get in the campaign, to then later use in multiplayer, just so that people would play the campaign. LMAO---if that doesn't tell you how forgettable the campaigns are for this series, I don't know what would.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

Well first off, BF4 is a fun game, but don't fall for how its marketed. I'm sure BF2 was a lot slower paced, but BF4 is practically like COD, except with vehicles and bigger maps. In my opinion, the action gets too ridiculous sometimes. A game like Red Orchestra is a lot more realistic in tone and feel.

And don't fall for the teamwork nonsense. While the game is built around teamwork (like capping flags/areas) you can get by and do well without team work. You will get plenty of people being lone wolves.