Netflix confirmed for PS Vita

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Big_Evil666
Member since 2004 • 13817 Posts

found here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/09/it%e2%80%99s-official-netflix-is-coming-to-ps-vita/

As you may have heard during today's Sony Electronics press conference at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, PlayStation and Netflix are teaming up again to bring tens of thousands of hours of movies and TV episodes from Netflix to the PS Vita for US customers.

The PlayStation 3 is of one the most popular devices for watching movies and TV shows streamed over the internet from Netflix. Now all those movies and TV episodes can be watched on PS Vita's stunning high-def OLED front touch screen. The addition of Netflix streaming to PS Vita's unique, powerful gameplay experiences gives users even more access and flexibility to the content they want, when they want it and where they want it.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates as we near the February 22nd launch of PS Vita!

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
I hate watching movies on such small screens.
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

So is that another subscription? or is Netflix free?

gwarlito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gwarlito
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts

I would assume if you have a Netflix instant stream account all you would need to do is log in

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I guess it'd look nice on a 5 inch OLED screen.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

sailor232
It's a subscription fee.
sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

So it would be nice to have a vita with 3g and netflix, movies anywere you like.

Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Big_Evil666

I would assume if you have a Netflix instant stream account all you would need to do is log in

gwarlito

pretty much how it works

So it would be nice to have a vita with 3g and netflix, movies anywere you like.

sailor232

right on

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
This is good news for somebody that has no other way of watching Netflix. But if they have a console, PC, or an internet ready TV, this isn't going to be too useful to them. Seeing the 3G version is running on AT&T and not and unlimited plan, you can't use it for Netflix unless you wish to go over your limit in no time at all. So yeah, this will be a pretty useless app.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AmazonTreeBoa

sailor232
$7.99 a month.
PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

sailor232
Well yeah Netflix is subscription based, but if you already pay to use it then the additional apps like the ones on ps3 and vita are free to use. I'd definitely love to see how that would look on that beautiful screen. :)
PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PumpkinBoogie
This is good news for somebody that has no other way of watching Netflix. But if they have a console, PC, or an internet ready TV, this isn't going to be too useful to them. Seeing the 3G version is running on AT&T and not and unlimited plan, you can't use it for Netflix unless you wish to go over your limit in no time at all. So yeah, this will be a pretty useless app. AmazonTreeBoa
No, I don't think it's necessarily true that the app would be useless. For one, you'd have to remember just because there's a 3g-equipped model of the vita doesn't mean you have to use it all the time....that's what Wi-Fi is for. Besides the app is certainly not useless if you're somewhere where you can't be near your tv or console but got a connection and you wanna watch something.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]This is good news for somebody that has no other way of watching Netflix. But if they have a console, PC, or an internet ready TV, this isn't going to be too useful to them. Seeing the 3G version is running on AT&T and not and unlimited plan, you can't use it for Netflix unless you wish to go over your limit in no time at all. So yeah, this will be a pretty useless app. PumpkinBoogie
No, I don't think it's necessarily true that the app would be useless. For one, you'd have to remember just because there's a 3g-equipped model of the vita doesn't mean you have to use it all the time....that's what Wi-Fi is for. Besides the app is certainly not useless if you're somewhere where you can't be near your tv or console but got a connection and you wanna watch something.

I never said it was completely useless. I said it is pretty useless.
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Now that's a good reason to buy one. I could hide under the blankets and watch amazing stuff.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PumpkinBoogie
[QUOTE="PumpkinBoogie"][QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]This is good news for somebody that has no other way of watching Netflix. But if they have a console, PC, or an internet ready TV, this isn't going to be too useful to them. Seeing the 3G version is running on AT&T and not and unlimited plan, you can't use it for Netflix unless you wish to go over your limit in no time at all. So yeah, this will be a pretty useless app. AmazonTreeBoa

I never said it was completely useless. I said it is pretty useless.

Nor did I give any quantitative measurement as to how useless you thought it be. In other words, did you see me mention I thought you meant it was "completely useless"? I only pointed out the Wi-Fi angle of it and a small example. Nothing more nothing less. :)
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#16 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
Good. Now I can deactivate my 3DS and use the code on my Vita.
Big_Evil666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Big_Evil666
i just hope it's available to Canadians day and date same as in the US