Need some new PS3 games - Please help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

partyeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 partyeh
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hey Forum,

I got some gift card money for the holidays and am inevitably going to use it all on video games. I'm not a crazy gamer, there are a lot of older games that I could probably squeeze in at relatively low cost that would be good choices, so I'm turning to you guys to help me figure out what I should buy for PS3.

I have a strange rule about this though - no gun games. To make my wife happy - any games focused on (specifically) gunfire and murder (whether it's war or GTA stuff) are a no go. This is sort of a half made up concept since I will play games like Mass Effect where the killing is mostly alien and scifi - but certainly nothing realistic with guns. Sword games are ok, I've played all AC games and have no problem with those.

Typically, I can get through most games if the story is good.

Games I've recently played and liked: Uncharteds, basically all AC games (though I hate Black Flag), Infamous, ME Trilogy, Arkham Asylum, and Skyrim. I have no desire for the crafting and the depth Skyrim and some other games provide, but I can get away with ignoring them in most cases so it's ok.

Games that I have in the queue: Infamous 2, the first 2 Dragon Age games, Arkham City, and Skyrim is back on the list.

Games I historically like: Used to love Zelda games and am not sure if something like this exists on PS3. I got big time enjoyment out of Dynasty Warriors 4 back on PS2 in college. Finally, I went through a heavy RPG phase on SNES - Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasies, Dragon Warriors etc, but it's been a long time since I've played those, and am not sure I'm ready to go back to turn based combat.

Seriously - please fire away, I hoping you can help me with as many suggestions as possible - Thanks in advance!

Games I'm looking at so far:

Shadow of Mordor, Amalur, Darksiders, Enslaved, Dishonored, Dynasty Warriors 8

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1552 Posts

@partyeh: my recommendation

• Okami HD: it's basically a clone of Zelda from what i heard (haven't played the Zelda series) fantastic action adventure game!
  • Demon's Souls/Dark Souls + Artorias of the Abyss dlc: these are Action-rpgs/dungeon crawlers with a fun co-op/pvp built into the game.
  • Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection: Ico is a game where you and a girl are trying to find your way out of a castle it's a puzzle/action adventure game. Shadow of the Colossus Collection is a game you must kill 16 Colossi to save a loved one the story is interesting it's a action platformer puzzle game/action adventure.
  • God of War Saga Collection: contains 5 games including God of War 1,2,3, Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta: fantastic hack n slash games with a small dose of puzzles to break up the action. these games do have sex-mini games aren't very graphic and they're optional, they're also on the violent side very gory at times!

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@partyeh:

Umm Last of Us?

partyeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 partyeh
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

@locus-solus: Thanks so much - I'm getting God of War now for sure, also Ico and the shadow of the colossus.

@GTR12 - only reason Last of Us isn't on there is because it's still too pricey for me to be able to load up with the amount of money I was given :)

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

Get the new Duke Nukem 3D that just came out and see how shitty the FPS genre has got in recent times.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@partyeh:

Ni No Kuni is another game you could consider.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

if you love Zelda then you should try 3D Dot Game Heroes. it paid homage to the classic zelda games.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#8 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

There's gun fire but you're killing Nazis so it's not so bad - Wolfenstein The New Order is probably the best FPS with a story that I've tried in a long time.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

So no gun games involving gunfire and murder yet you stated you liked Uncharted where you shoot people lol, anyway I suggest:

• Spelunky
  • Wipeout 2097
  • Minecraft
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • Vanquish
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Dark Souls 1/2
  • Dead Island
  • Sonic Generations
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#10 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

To bad you dont like gore and murder because God of War 3 is epic.

But according to what you said, I would recommend both Darksiders games, Dark Arisen and Dark Souls 2. Shadow of Mordor is supposedly crappy on last generation consoles or so I've read.