need help on getting a game that has great gaphics and good gameplay?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lockman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lockman9
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

guys I need help on getting a game that has great graphics good gameplay?I don't care about the price and what type of genre the game is.

SuperVegeta518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SuperVegeta518
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
God of War
Muffinlybliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Muffinlybliss
Member since 2008 • 225 Posts

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - Monster Killing, Fun Multiplayer, Quite Addicting, Very Popular

Tales of the World: Radiant Mytholog - RPG, Great Storyline, Anime Like

Warriors of the Lost Empire - RPG, Good Storyline, Gets my heart pumping, challenging

Infected - Zombie Shooter, Customization, Multiplayer, and interesting storyline.

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

Ridge Racer - Racing

God of War Chains of Olympus - Action/adventure

Daxter - Platformer

Crisis Core Final Fantasy Vii - Action RPG

Tekken Dark Ressurection - Fighting

There are more like Wipeout but these should get you started.:)

dunkel25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 dunkel25
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I spent hours and hours here on Gamespot looking over reviews before making my initial game purchases for my new 3000. I'm totally new to PSP gaming, so even the older games are "new" to me. I have several goodly sized Gamestops, as well as an independent gaming store, in my area, so I had a pretty good selection to choose from. The buy 2 get 1 free sale Gamestop had after Christmas helped.

So here's what I got...all under $18 except for Valkyrie Profile, which was $25:

GTA: Vice City Stories - both GTA games got good reviews, but Vice City Stories seems a bit more polished. I've certainly not been disappointed. After finishing GTA4 recently, this is a pretty good follow up for me.

Tekken: Dark Resurrection - Wow, awesome. It just about perfect in every way. If you are a Tekken fan, that is. And I am. It was the one game I missed when I gave up my Sony consoles many years ago for Halo on the XBox. Now I have my Tekken back, so I am happy.

MGS Portal Ops Plus - Was never a MGS fan, to be honest, but it got excellent reviews, and I know the series has been exceedingly strong for Sony over the years, so I picked it up. Have only spent a little time with it, but I can tell it's going to be a huge time waster for me next year when I'm deployed.

Battlefront Renegade Squadron - one of my favorite games of all time on the XBox, and this is a pretty good version of it, considering the limitations of the handheld medium. The online multiplayer is great, also. Just be sure you get the Renegade Squadron and not the the earlier Battlefront.

Capcom Collection Reloaded - ok, I'm old...I remember playing all these games in the arcade...this may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you grew up in the arcades of the early to mid 90's, you're going to experience a lot of deja vu. And I finally managed to beat Knights of the Round and 1943...games that got the best of me, regardless of how many quarters I dumped into them...there is another one with different games, so make sure you get the right one if you are interested in this game...I picked up the right box, but the girl behind the counter gave me the wrong UMD, so I had to go back and get the right one.

Valkyrie Profile - I'm a big RPG fan, and from all my research, this is the one must have RPG for the PSP. Apparently, it's a remake of a much beloved PS1 game, which is exceedingly rare. The PSP version is only slightly less rare, evidently, but I managed to get lucky and score a copy. Have only spent a little time with it, but so far, it's pretty cool. Again, going to be a huge time sink for me in Iraq, I hope.

So far, I have spent the more time with the Capcom Collection, Tekken, Battlefront, and Vice City Stories...the other two are a little deeper and, I think, are going to demand much more than a 10 minute play session...a year in Iraq should provide plenty of opportunities for that, however.

Anyway, I hope this gives you some ideas. I tried to get a good variety of games...I have a shooter, fighter, RPG, action, classic arcade, etc, and, I believe, I chose the best examples of each genre available in the PSP library. YMMV.

elfimis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 elfimis
Member since 2008 • 1099 Posts

So no Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 huh?............

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?