Need a new game to last a month

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stooge_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 stooge_01
Member since 2006 • 415 Posts

Im on my school holidays and i bought orange box on release and finished it. Now i cant think of a new game to buy so im open to everyone's opinion's and sugestion's.

Here's my list of the games i own:

• Resistance
  • Motorstorm
  • The Darkness
  • Warhawk
  • COD4
  • Assassin's Creed
  • The Orange Box
acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
Dude, if you need a game that will last you a month then here is the one I recommend, Oblvion GOTY, it is so freaking awesome, I have been playing it the past week and I havent even started any of the main quests yet, been doing side quest, and Ive only visited like 2 towns and a couple of dungeons, If you like RPGs, you will love this game, the combat is really good, a big big improvement over past elder scrolls.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men

I might be the only one to say it, but I'm sticking up for this game. I thought it was pretty good,I know that some people or most people will bash me, but hey it's a gaming site.

The controls are easy to master, Shooting sometimes might be a pain in the you know what, but it's not that so bad that you must stop playing the game.

Using the "F" word alot in the game, I agree. I don't mind the sailor mouth at all, I really like the levels and I thought they did a okay job on it. It might not have the best next gen graphics, but they were decent enough for me. I paid full price for mine and I'm liking the game, Finished it a long time ago.

stooge_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stooge_01

well on oblivion im not to sure.. its got mad reviews and its long but i never really been a fan of rpg's

and kane and lynch. i played the demo and didnt really like it that much.

sorry if i sound a little too picky but your views are much appreciated

sandro27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 sandro27
Member since 2007 • 121 Posts
buy ninja gaiden sigma .it is pretty god,and so impressive.very good action on it ,a difficult game and awesome.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RMANPOWER

well on oblivion im not to sure.. its got mad reviews and its long but i never really been a fan of rpg's

and kane and lynch. i played the demo and didnt really like it that much.

sorry if i sound a little too picky but your views are much appreciated

stooge_01

No sweat man

I thought I would toss this game in because I couldn't think of any other games.

Wish you the best of luck on finding the game for you.

RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RMANPOWER
Wait...No Uncharted: Drakes Fortune? MUST BUY!!
stooge_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stooge_01

Wait...No Uncharted: Drakes Fortune? MUST BUY!!RMANPOWER

LMAO i was 99% on getting that game but again, i played the demo and i was appawled... i loved the voice acting and it was only 1 cutscene. combat was really irritating though.

but i shouldnt be judging games on 1 demo and seeing how every1's saying its freggin awesome i might go pik it up.. thanks mate

acidic_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 acidic_dude
Member since 2003 • 1713 Posts
ya but he said he needs it to last him a month, Ninja gaiden, kane andlynch, and uncharted are not gonna last him a month. Oblivion will last him well overa month and it is fun, I think if you are not a fan of RPG's you could get into oblivion, its that great of a game.
mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts
The Godfather: The Don's Edition. If you haven't played it on any if the other systems, buy it! Its $29, its nice and long, and plays like Grand Theft Auto. The only true sandbox game on the PS3 other than Oblivion and Assassin's Creed. A way too overlooked game.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RMANPOWER

If he's not a fan of RPG, then it's not going to fit him well. Sure the game Uncharted won't last him a month, but maybe 2 weeks tops if he tries to collect everything.

It's like watching a movie and I really suggest you get this one, yes even over my Kane and Lynch small review haha

stooge_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 stooge_01
I just watched the Video Review for Oblivion IV and i think it could be a good game... im into the games with a good story..
thanks guys you have really helped me out.
hilltops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hilltops
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]Wait...No Uncharted: Drakes Fortune? MUST BUY!!stooge_01

LMAO i was 99% on getting that game but again, i played the demo and i was appawled... i loved the voice acting and it was only 1 cutscene. combat was really irritating though.

but i shouldnt be judging games on 1 demo and seeing how every1's saying its freggin awesome i might go pik it up.. thanks mate

LMAO..a demo!?
uncharted is simply a must have
for EVERY ps3 owner..its great!!
I could go on.. but meh 8)
Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts

If you're into sports games why not go for one of those they always seem to last for ever. Ninja Gaiden Sigma is a good reccomendation if you resist playing it in easy mode and stick to the defualt difficulty.

You said you finishied the Orange box already?? Did you play all of the Half Lifes on it? It took me about 20-25 hrs to finish Half Life 2 alone.

As good as Drakes Fortune is, it doesn't last kissing time that took me about 7 hours to finish.

stooge_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 stooge_01

If you're into sports games why not go for one of those they always seem to last for ever. Ninja Gaiden Sigma is a good reccomendation if you resist playing it in easy mode and stick to the defualt difficulty.

You said you finishied the Orange box already?? Did you play all of the Half Lifes on it? It took me about 20-25 hrs to finish Half Life 2 alone.

As good as Drakes Fortune is, it doesn't last kissing time that took me about 7 hours to finish.

Liams

i finished half life 2 in about 10+ hours. not to sure but the episodes are really short and i finished them in 4 days

dangerd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 dangerd0g
Member since 2007 • 239 Posts
yeah go with Oblivion not only will it last you a month if not more it is also one of the best games ever made
aaron5829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aaron5829
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
Oblivion GOTY, not only it will last you a month, it will last many months to come.
gregdrapes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gregdrapes
Member since 2004 • 110 Posts
Rainbow 6: Vegas is going cheap now, well worth a purchase.
Trx07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Trx07
Member since 2007 • 1851 Posts
Uncharted wont last you a month, but i have to say its one of the best games on ps3, its a must-buy, i still cant belive it did not get on the GOTY for gamespot :S
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
oblivion no doubt about it, get a guide though and join the dark brotherhood!! the missions are so much fun, it can be a bit overwealming at the start because it's just so huge but so good once you get into it.
s0m4cruz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 s0m4cruz
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

Dude, if you need a game that will last you a month then here is the one I recommend, Oblvion GOTY, it is so freaking awesome, I have been playing it the past week and I havent even started any of the main quests yet, been doing side quest, and Ive only visited like 2 towns and a couple of dungeons, If you like RPGs, you will love this game, the combat is really good, a big big improvement over past elder scrolls.acidic_dude

yeah he's right its only 40 bucks btw and its so perfect just read all the reviews about it =D

killeryoda85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 killeryoda85
Member since 2006 • 499 Posts
Definitely Oblivion (with the add on) and maybe PGR4. That game is awsome.
s0m4cruz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 s0m4cruz
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

i play oblivion a month or more and im still not on 1/2 of the game it so fun and really high graphics or maybe i no an other game if u like first-person shooters u should buy Rainbow Six Vegas,, its not expensive i got it for 35 bucks and oblivion for 40........

but i prefer oblivion, and i going to get the expension soon it isnt released yet in europe... it will release soon

Peace...

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
[QUOTE="stooge_01"]

[QUOTE="RMANPOWER"]Wait...No Uncharted: Drakes Fortune? MUST BUY!!hilltops

LMAO..a demo!?
uncharted is simply a must have
for EVERY ps3 owner..its great!!
I could go on.. but meh 8)

The single biggest mistake a PS3 owner can do. Is rate Uncharted "or have an opinion of it" via the demo. I dont know one single person who has fully played it. That has not at liked it. I was kinda turned off via the demo some, and same with RandC. But the full games of both. Much different. It the curse of the demo. What we thought would help games. Has hurt some great ones. And made some bad ones seem great. Thats why they need to lay off the demos some. I get so tired of "oh, the demo was great" or "the demo was bad" and al that BS. Its ridiculous to think anyone can know a game, via a part of a level. On any game! I can honestly say, I know for a fact demos hurt RandC and Drakes. I bet some that read this know they did not buy it, because they felt the demo.

Put it this way. Worst demo I ever played was way back on the Undergoud disc volume 2 or 1. I forget, although I still have it. A PS1 disc. It was a Demo for FF7! Which was on heck of a RPG then.

solaris1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 solaris1979
Member since 2003 • 1592 Posts

Definitely Oblivion (with the add on) and maybe PGR4. That game is awsome.killeryoda85