Need a game to loose myself in.

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by marcheegsr (3002 posts) -

It has been a while since I have really got into a game and lost myself in it.

The last time that happened was Mass effect 2 and 3.

Lately all the games have been the same fps story campaign rinse and repeat.

Im looking for another game to really get into that I could enjoy for a long time.

I was thinking Dragon Age but im not too sure.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

#2 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
Maybe Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen?
#3 Posted by sukraj (24001 posts) -

Have u played far cry 3 or metro last light?

#4 Posted by pharomarc (276 posts) -

Far cry 3
Bioshock
Red Dead Redemption
GTA 4
Borderland
The Elderscroll: Oblivion and Skyrim
Sleeping Dogs
Ni no Kuni
L.A. Noire
Fallout 3
The Saboteur
Heavy Rain
Assassin's Creed
Burnout Paradise
Saints Row: The Third
Deus Ex: Human Revolution

#5 Posted by marcheegsr (3002 posts) -

sukraj

I beat Fary cry 3, and I started on Metro the other day.

Great games but again it all just feels the same.

#6 Posted by starwarsjunky (24751 posts) -
why do i not see bioshock infinite listed here yet??? a travesty, i tell ya!
#7 Posted by sagejonathan (512 posts) -
Borderlands 2 is a great option to keep playing for a long time.
#8 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1868 posts) -

Demons Souls, Deus Ex HR, Max Payne 3, Dead Space...

Also.. Skyrim can keep you busy, Vanquish if you need something different and challenging.

#9 Posted by Ashuke (5 posts) -
If you like puzzle games I'd suggest Catherine. That's not even my kind of game and I could not stop playing it for 2 1/2 weeks.
#10 Posted by MonoSilver (1392 posts) -
Red Dead Redemption springs to mind. Gran Turismo 5 if you're a fellow car fanatic.
#11 Posted by punisher1 (3203 posts) -

saints row the third for sure. It starts off insanely crazy and for a little bit you don't know what to make of it. Then later on it gets really good. Especially when you start getting the upgrades really high up. But be warnewd it can be rough fro a while. The enmey stregth is no joke.

#12 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

Disgaea 4 . Thank me when you thought you would not like it but ended up putting 70+ hours into this game. The game is plain EPIC.

#13 Posted by dylan417 (5059 posts) -

Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Red Dead Redemption are all mut plays with well over 50 hours of gameplay.

I'd also recommend Deus Ex Human Revolution. It's one of the longer, more engaging games that I've played this gen.

I've also heard Ni no Kuni has a ton of content and that it is quite good.

Lastly, if you haven't played Mass Effect 1 yet, it's available on PSN for a decent price.

#14 Posted by marcheegsr (3002 posts) -

Thanks guys for all the input.

Is it worth it to get oblivion so late in this gen? I played skyrim but never really got into it.

Disagea 4..have to look into that.

Ni no kuni... I was thinking about it, but the cartoonish style kind of turned me off. Maybe im missing out.

Fall out 3 - I actually have it. Played it years ago than sold it. Baught it again recently but never played it yet.

Borderlands 2 - Is it any better than the first 1? or the same..

Other games mentioned I have played already or beat.

#16 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

marcheegsr

I beat Fary cry 3, and I started on Metro the other day.

Great games but again it all just feels the same.

If you think that Metro Last Light "feels the same" as other games then there is no hope for you to find a game to lose yourself in.
#17 Posted by Jackc8 (8500 posts) -

Nier is a favorite of mine.  Excellent music that really sets a mood and draws you into the game's atmosphere.  Good characters and the story is very different as well.

#18 Posted by benleslie5 (7997 posts) -
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Disgaea 4
  • BioShock Infinite
#19 Posted by idunnodude (2283 posts) -

if you like mass effect then dragon age would be a good choice since it has a smilar story/conversation system. although i will say that dragon age isn't as polished as the mass effect series and the battle system kinda sucks imo.

#20 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

How about Deadly Premonition? You will either love it or hate it, but eitherway the game is out there enough that it may keep you interested for awhile.

#21 Posted by Boddicker (3129 posts) -

I would recommend Fallout: New Vegas over Fallout 3 a miilion times over.

Also look into XCOM: Enemy Unknown. A really great game with a ton of replay value.

#22 Posted by locus-solus (595 posts) -
Okami HD is absolutely beautiful really unique art style http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wAuRJptH9aw . . God of War, Saga Collection contains 5 of the best Hack n Slash games ever made for under 40$. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Demon's Souls/ Dark Souls fantastic action rpgs with a nice challenge doesn't hold your hand like most games do today! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Red Dead Redemption, great story n one of the best open world games i have ever played! Infamous Collection. unique game-play mechanics and a really fun open world to run around
#23 Posted by marcheegsr (3002 posts) -

How about Deadly Premonition? You will either love it or hate it, but eitherway the game is out there enough that it may keep you interested for awhile.

ghstbstr

Getting this.

#24 Posted by Vellidrela (3 posts) -
Dragon Age actually led me to Mass Effect believe it or not and I'm a HUGE Mass Effect fan. I would recommend the first Dragon Age and it's expansion pack, you should enjoy it right away. I also recommend Skyrim, and Fallout 3. There's enough in those games to keep you busy for a long time! :)
#25 Posted by marcheegsr (3002 posts) -

Dragon Age actually led me to Mass Effect believe it or not and I'm a HUGE Mass Effect fan. I would recommend the first Dragon Age and it's expansion pack, you should enjoy it right away. I also recommend Skyrim, and Fallout 3. There's enough in those games to keep you busy for a long time! :)Vellidrela

I always wanted to check it out.

The thing that kept me away was the way the combat looked. I guess to me it seems different than the mass effect series in that category.

Im going to pick it up though, its only 15 bucks for the game with expansion pack.

#26 Posted by amourkiss (1751 posts) -

GTA V

#27 Posted by Coolyfett (5088 posts) -

Im looking for another game to really get into that I could enjoy for a long time.

marcheegsr

Two games that Coolyfett is looking to play on his new PS3 is Red Dead Redeption and Elder Scrolls Skyrim, both games give the game the chance of getting lost in their world.

#28 Posted by Coolyfett (5088 posts) -

Plus GTA is coming soon and many PS3 owners will have that game.

#29 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

marcheegsr

Getting this.

When you do get it and have payed it for awhile let know if can can or want to on what you think about this game. I am just interested in knowing what others think, especially since none of my friends have it.
#30 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Fallout 3. Such an engrossing and additive post-apocalyptic experience that can easily last up to 100 hours.

#31 Posted by enz2 (1689 posts) -
[QUOTE="marcheegsr"]

[QUOTE="ghstbstr"]

ghstbstr

Getting this.

When you do get it and have payed it for awhile let know if can can or want to on what you think about this game. I am just interested in knowing what others think, especially since none of my friends have it.

Personally one of the best games I've played this gen. It's intended to act like a b-grade movie, and it's done perfectly. Great characters, hilarious cutscenes, great story... It's one of those games where you either love it or hate it, due to the fact it's different from the ordinary games out these days that gets overlooked sadly.
#32 Posted by sukraj (24001 posts) -

GTA V

amourkiss

yes this game is gunna be real sweet.

#33 Posted by CDWJUSTIN (2078 posts) -

i NEED a woman i can lose myself in

#34 Posted by marcheegsr (3002 posts) -

CDWJUSTIN

Lol been there done that. Too many headaches.

Let them loose themself in you.. way better.

#35 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74449 posts) -

marcheegsr
try the first Dragon Age
#36 Posted by nightshade869 (3457 posts) -
Bioshock Infinite Valkyria Chronicles Demons Souls Ni No Kuni
#37 Posted by FPSunionOWNS (2030 posts) -

marcheegsr
The walking dead game by telltale games completely consumed me and its amazing I would highly recommend it.
#38 Posted by sukraj (24001 posts) -

CDWJUSTIN

get chana lose it myself imo.

#39 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9323 posts) -
Far Cry 3 was great because it was free roam and so vast. Give it a go. Sleeping Dogs was very fun too.
#40 Posted by clr84651 (5546 posts) -

You guys have it all wrong. The game they need is Sports Champions. It'll loosen him up by using the Move.:P

#41 Posted by miloaikido (1 posts) -
Seems like you love RPG game, have you ever tried Final Fantasy series ?
#42 Posted by coasterguy65 (6277 posts) -

Check out Metro Last Light. Spec Ops the Line is very good, and Bioshock Infinite.

These 3 games are the best I've played this year, all have good stories, and are pretty immersive.

#43 Posted by coasterguy65 (6277 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vellidrela"]Dragon Age actually led me to Mass Effect believe it or not and I'm a HUGE Mass Effect fan. I would recommend the first Dragon Age and it's expansion pack, you should enjoy it right away. I also recommend Skyrim, and Fallout 3. There's enough in those games to keep you busy for a long time! :)marcheegsr

I always wanted to check it out.

The thing that kept me away was the way the combat looked. I guess to me it seems different than the mass effect series in that category.

Im going to pick it up though, its only 15 bucks for the game with expansion pack.

You may want to also consider Dragon Age 2. It gets a lot of crap about using the same dungeons over and over, but the gameplay is more action oriented.

To me Dragon Age Origins is similar to the first Mass Effect. Where Dragon Age 2 is similar to the play style of ME2 and ME3.

#44 Posted by sukraj (24001 posts) -

Tomb Raider

#45 Posted by koospetoors (3245 posts) -
Borderlands 2 is a great option to keep playing for a long time. sagejonathan
100 hours in and still have yet to reach max level, definitely a fantastic time sink. Why not give Okami HD a go? I believe I don't need to explain why ;)
#46 Posted by locus-solus (595 posts) -
[QUOTE="sagejonathan"]Borderlands 2 is a great option to keep playing for a long time. koospetoors
100 hours in and still have yet to reach max level, definitely a fantastic time sink. Why not give Okami HD a go? I believe I don't need to explain why ;)

Okami is fantastic! it's absolutely beautiful would also recommend
#47 Posted by JaqenH (3 posts) -
It's never too late for oblivion, I've been playing it for years and never got tired of it. I still play it from time to time. Skyrim is good but not as good as oblivion, it's darker and duller. The same architecture in every city. Oblivion had completely different atmosphere and architecture in each city, and I highly recommend the combo pack edition with the knights of the 9 and shivering isles. The shivering isles pack is superb. Dragon age origins and 2 are both awesome, dragon age origins has some really cool dlc's. few games have dlc option on the ps3 editions. Fallout 3 is a classic, it's the same engine as oblivion, fallout new Vegas isn't as good as fallout 3 IMHO. Uncharted 2 is also pretty damn good, but uncharted 3 was a far cry from it. Deus Ex human revolution is absolutely awesome, if you like scifi you'll love it.
#48 Posted by marcheegsr (3002 posts) -

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Im going to get Deadly premonition, Oblivion (its cheap and I always wanted to get it but skyrim got in the way), Dragon age, than try Dragon age 2 after.

I hope this will be what im looking for.

By the way, I started to really get into Tomb raider. Had this game on backlog for a while. Its fantastic and who would of thought I had a game to loose myself in on my self waiting for me.

#49 Posted by MethodManFTW (26080 posts) -
A bunch of people have mentioned Red Dead and you haven't responded to that suggestion. Pick Red Dead!
#50 Posted by marcheegsr (3002 posts) -

A bunch of people have mentioned Red Dead and you haven't responded to that suggestion. Pick Red Dead!MethodManFTW

Sorry, I baught it on launch date. Safe to say It was my favourite game at the time and still is great. Also had fun with undead nightmare as well.