Need a controller

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FrischmasterA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 FrischmasterA
Member since 2003 • 487 Posts

Hey,

I need a second PS3 controller, i currently only have the DS3 that came with the MGS bundle. However, i dont want to spend $55 on a new DS3, and was wondering if anyone knew a place to get controllers cheap, or any third party developer. Thanks.

FrischmasterA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FrischmasterA
Member since 2003 • 487 Posts
bump
TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TheSonOfUgly
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts

Logitech makes a $20 one, its a little weird for big hands and doesnt have a rechargacble battery, but it works.

Also is recognized on Pc

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
You could always look for DS3's on the internet where they some times tend tobe cheaper, maybe you can find something on e-bay.
TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 TheSonOfUgly
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
don't do it
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts

don't do itTheSonOfUgly

Scam? Never heard of it myself.

MoNsTeR-GaMeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 MoNsTeR-GaMeR
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts
you should just go with the original six axis which i found for 40 bucks. If you really want rumble than you have to buy the Dual Shock 3 which is 50 bucks on amazon. If you have any old ps2 controllers, you can buy a converter that makes it useable for the ps3. I bought two of the "Universal Ps2 to Ps3 converters" and hooked my ps2 controllers up to them which worked fine for me. Whatever you do, don't buy that third party crap, you'll regret it.
ken_le

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 ken_le
Member since 2007 • 128 Posts
does the converter works on the 40 gig ps3
jatkins1177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jatkins1177
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts
I can't speak for the Logitech controller for the PS3 specifically, but I used the wireless Logitech controller for the PS2 for many years and it worked great. Might be a possible alternative to the Sony PS3 controllers.
MoNsTeR-GaMeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MoNsTeR-GaMeR
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts

does the converter works on the 40 gig ps3ken_le

I don't see why not. If your looking for it, search "Universal PS2 to PS3 Controller Adapter" at amazon.com. I have a 60 gb PS3 but I'm 99% sure that it will work with a 40 GB PS3.

jatkins1177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jatkins1177
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts

You could always look for DS3's on the internet where they some times tend tobe cheaper, maybe you can find something on e-bay.gekidami

Just be careful. I found a "Dualshock 3" controller on ebay for $43, so I bought it. Turns out they shipped me some DS3 knockoff. The packaging and controller look almost the same, but don't say Sony or Dualshock 3 anywhere on either one. It also came with a USB wireless receiver you have to plug into the system instead of connecting directly to the system through Bluetooth. I opened the package before I realized there was any difference. I'm in the middle of trying to explain to these people that they can't say they are selling one product, complete with picture, then ship another, even if it has the same functionality. I'm probably going to have to issue my first negative feedback ever because of this. Anyway, if you go the ebay route, make sure to confirm with the seller that it is in fact an official Sony Dualshock 3 controller before buying. That is, unless a knockoff wouldn't bother you, and in all fairness, the controller works. I just thought I was buying one thing, and got another. I wouldn't have paid $43 for a non-official controller. Live and learn.