My PS4 Hands-On Impression

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

The thing is a beast.

Is it perfect? No

Is it a lot of fun to play on? Hell yes

The system is fast, super quiet, and leaps and bounds better than the PS3 graphically. Bugs and features will be improved upon with future updates, but for a launch system at this price point....a darn good deal.

I can fully recommend these games:

Resogun...bloody incredible

ACIV...makes current gen versions look awful

FIFA 14....not worth buying the PS4 for, but if you have it, this game is great

Killzone SF is hit or miss with some people, but worth checking out

Contrast...awesome game concept

Flower

I played the system for over 6.5 hours straight with a friend. Controllers never died and were on the whole time. PSN never disconnected and downloads were stupid fast. Switching back and forth between apps/games/home screen is easy and flawless.

Is it worth spending 400 dollars right now? That is up to each individual person, but for those that take the leap you have a lot to look forward to.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Pretty much agree with everything you said.

I need to still check out resogun and contrast though.

Fifa, Killzone and AC are all great! So happy with my purchase.

chiro4life06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chiro4life06
Member since 2003 • 27 Posts

Well put. I couldn't agree more on the system. And it's only going to get better in 2014. So far I've played Killzone and Knack.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I got my console, everything worked the way it was suppose to, installed my 1.5 TB HDD with no problems. I love how fast everything is, the downloads are 100x faster than the super slow PS3 download speeds, and you can download multiple things at once, and even download them in standby mode (And recharge the controller as well).

I beat Killzone Shadowfall and it is just visually amazing, the framerate is amazing (obviously above 30 FPS), area's are big instead of linear, every bit as good as CoD/BF.

Knack is better than the reviews make it out to be, if you have a child or a sibling to play with you will enjoy it.

Resogun is crazy, i havent played contrast or Warframe yet.

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Addict187
Member since 2008 • 1128 Posts

Played mine all night then sold it the next day for $500. I just did not like it but that is me. I rented NFS rivals that was the tipping point it ran at 30FPS Kill Zone was choppy. But that is just me. BF4 was OK but I will get the PC one. I don't regret selling it

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm bout 95% happy with the PS4. My only real issue is that they stripped away the ability to stream content from your PC and store your personal MP3's and MP4's on the HDD. It's cool though, it just adds more value to my PS3,

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MarcRecon

@Addict187 said:

Played mine all night then sold it the next day for $500. I just did not like it but that is me. I rented NFS rivals that was the tipping point it ran at 30FPS Kill Zone was choppy. But that is just me. BF4 was OK but I will get the PC one. I don't regret selling it

Hmmmm, for some reason I don't think you even had a PS4....but that's just me! In fact, I'm absolutely sure you didn't have a PS4....but that's just me!! And KZ choppy? That's just you! lol

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nightshade869

@MarcRecon said:

I'm bout 95% happy with the PS4. My only real issue is that they stripped away the ability to stream content from your PC and store your personal MP3's and MP4's on the HDD. It's cool though, it just adds more value to my PS3,

They are adding it post launch though at least

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@Addict187 said:

So assuming you're from the states you mean to tell me you bought it for $400 and went on to sell a used opened PS4 for $500? Damn people really are desperate...

Or you're just a troll or perhaps I'm an idiot for even replying to you.

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Addict187

@BattleSpectre: I live in Saskatoon Canada. Ok I had no plan to buy one but had Friday off work so went to Target 3 blocks from my house at 7:45 AM there were 10 people there so I walked in a 8am and got one. went and rented 3 games at 10 am played with all day and night. I just did not like it all that much I have a kick ass PC and can get the games I like on there. So I had buyers remorse and put in on Kijiji for $500 for the heck of it and 1 hour later it was gone. When NLH Hockey comes out next year I will pick it up or Xbox one. I just did not like at the time and made $70. Thing worked great I just expected better Graphics

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Addict187

@MarcRecon: @BattleSpectre: Why would I make that up

Largo_npc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Largo_npc
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I'm honestly surprised at how popular FIFA is in the US.

Can't wait to get my PS4 here in the UK!

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of an HDD did you install in your ps4?

@crimsonman1245 said:

I got my console, everything worked the way it was suppose to, installed my 1.5 TB HDD with no problems. I love how fast everything is, the downloads are 100x faster than the super slow PS3 download speeds, and you can download multiple things at once, and even download them in standby mode (And recharge the controller as well).

I beat Killzone Shadowfall and it is just visually amazing, the framerate is amazing (obviously above 30 FPS), area's are big instead of linear, every bit as good as CoD/BF.

Knack is better than the reviews make it out to be, if you have a child or a sibling to play with you will enjoy it.

Resogun is crazy, i havent played contrast or Warframe yet.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MarcRecon

@nightshade869 said:

@MarcRecon said:

They are adding it post launch though at least

They are?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MarcRecon

@Addict187 said:

@MarcRecon: @BattleSpectre: Why would I make that up

Why would you make it up? I guess for the same reason the other FAKE PS4 owners are doing it....which means I have no freakin Idea!

You could have downloaded that picture from anywhere! lol...ANYWAYS, it's cool whether your legit or not because I'm more the happy with my purchase. :)

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

@Addict187 said:

I think your lack of detail regarding your dislikes of the console paint you more like a troll is all. But I'll say this, it you're not a troll, what were you expecting for the price-point. I happen to think that for that price point the PS4 performance is quite the bargain. BTW, KZ has not been choppy for me.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

Ditto. I'm so puzzled how they dropped the ball on this. Glad they're going to patch it in, but still...regardless, I'll pick one up once thats addressed and there is a bit more software.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MarcRecon

@shellcase86 said:

@MarcRecon said:

Ditto. I'm so puzzled how they dropped the ball on this. Glad they're going to patch it in, but still...regardless, I'll pick one up once thats addressed and there is a bit more software.

Yeah,even though I'm cool with my system, I would say to someone who hasn't bought it yet that your missing out on a little.....not a lot....no rush.

Addict187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Addict187

@shellcase86: That to the first thing I did was try to load my music on it with a USB stick and was like Really you have to be kidding me that is the one thing I can't stand is not playing my tunes when in multiplayer. God what were they thinking. I don't care if they add it later it will be half assed. Xbox got it right during a cinematic your tunes turn off I love that feature. I loved kill zone it was great just was expeting better graphics. I wish they made it $499 and put a better CPU and GPU in there. skip the GDDR5 ram and work on the graphics. Smart phones will be more power full then it in 3 years Just saying

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nightshade869

@MarcRecon: Yeah on twitter at least fro Yoshida MP3 and DLNA support will be added via firmware update.