My PS3 shut down 4 times earlier today. I started a PS2 game and within 2 minutes, the PS3 made a weird beeping noise and shut down. The red light was flashing. I can restart the PS3 but the same thing would happen within minutes.
It may be related to overheating but it's not that hot to the touch and I only played for about 3 minutes. My PS3 is in a shelf in my TV stand but the front is completely open. There is no door at the front. The back only has holes for the wires. I took it out of the shelf and put it side down on the floor with a ventilator blowing directly on it. It did not shut down after that.
Is overheating the problem?