my new ps3 wont work for my sony model kv-24fs120 tv

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kenjazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kenjazz
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I pluged my ps3 into the tv it wont give any sound or video the ps3 is new some one said the tv might have the cable sttings on so i turned it of now my tv is not a flat screen sony its an older model that u use the red white an yellow for so can any one help me o realy wana play my game the ps3 is new an have not been played
Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts
your ps3 may be in hd mode to switch it to sd ffor that tv while the ps3 is off meaning the light is red press and hold the power button for 5 secs you'll hear a double beep indicating av settings have been switched to sd mode
kenjazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kenjazz
I TRIED ALL THAT it wont come on. AT ALL ITS A NEW PS3 FROM WALMART ANY OTHER IDEAS PLEAS
kenjazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kenjazz
THE CORDS ARE IN VIDEO ONE I PUT THE TV ON VIDEO ONE AN I GET NOTHEN ITS THE SAME WITH OTHER VIDEO 2 AN THREE
risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

Try a different HDMI cable then make sure that you're in HDMI mode. not AV1 or VIDEO

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

for a new console, the settings would be at the lowest, allowing the older TV models, if you're using the composite cables that were sold with it and nothing shows then either the cable or the PS3 has a problem, maybe you can bring it back to the store so they can check what's wrong