My damn ps3 won't read my discs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KEM92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 KEM92
Member since 2006 • 1368 Posts
it started in CoD4 while i was playing the sound would suddenly stop, all i could hear were the voices of the people through my headset but when i shot i couldn't hear anything i checked to see if the tv was muted but it wasn't and when the match ended it just froze and when i tried to quit the game useing the ps button it just said "please wait" for a long time until i just turned it off and turned it back on i entered a CoD match again and samething sound would cut halfway through the match i turned it off and turned it back on it didn't read the disc. i called sony, the rep told me toto restore the default settings, it still didn't work i also formatted it after i hung up still nothing but she asked me when i purchased it, i told her 11/17/06 i also told her that this wasn't my original ps3 and that i had sent my original in for replacement for a completely different reason (my idiot brother dropped, he's still in the hospital ;) but it didn't look like it was dropped it it was still messed up so i got it replaced.) miraculously she says that "it appears you ps3 is still under warranty blah blah blah" she gave me a repair status number and said that they'll ship my box to my address. thank god!! has this happened to any of you?
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
Yup only the game that mine died on was Madden 07...
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
This isn't the first thread I've seen today that mentioned PS3 not being able to read disks after inserting COD4. Something may be going on here.
KEM92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 KEM92
Member since 2006 • 1368 Posts
i tried all my games including the orange box which is my newest game with absolutley ZERO scratches or dust.
tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tommcruise
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts
disc reading errors is the biggest (and perhaps sole) problem with the PS3. Although, it isn't too common.
ituarte84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ituarte84
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
that also happened to me last week, I'm waiting for my new ps3, i was playing COD4 as well, but I don't think theres a way to prevent it, is it?
Avatar image for Gebrechlichkeit
Gebrechlichkeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gebrechlichkeit
Member since 2007 • 187 Posts
I'm kind of scared with my ps3 now, if that happens to mine I would freak out... mainly because Sony doesn't offer a warranty in my country, I hope it's not happening to a lot of ps3's.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
happened to me too...on vegas...=( just sent mine finally in today lol (had the box with me for like 2 weeks...but was too lazy to take it to a UPS drop off)...i've been having bad luck lately. PS3 broke than walmart mixed up my order and gave me madden 08 instead of uncahrted drakes fortune -_-
Windblade91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Windblade91
Member since 2006 • 4343 Posts
call sony and they should replace it
hilltops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hilltops
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts
I'm kind of scared with my ps3 now, if that happens to mine I would freak out... mainly because Sony doesn't offer a warranty in my country, I hope it's not happening to a lot of ps3's.Gebrechlichkeit

this happened to me..i had a japanese ps3
and its not covered for warranty in australia
and japan wont cover it either..im screwed!! :(
bullet_beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bullet_beast
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
holy **** this is exactly what happened to me im just playin cod4 online its all good then all of a sudden my sounds out i thought u know my cord fell out like it always done and all i do is just plug it back in but it was in and everything was connected then the screen went black i held the ps button and nothing so i turn my ps3 off and put cod4 back in nothing i tried it 5 times then with all my others games and nothing then i try a dvd and it worked and then i tried cod4 and it worked i was so happy but then the next day im on cod4 online again then same thing and i tried every step i did put a dvd in then tried cod4 but this time nothing now im on here looking for answers and i finally found someone like me this sux and i just got the meatl gear solid beta which works but i preordered metal gear solid 4 and now i cant play it
BC20FLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BC20FLY
Member since 2008 • 1672 Posts

The same exact thing happened to me only with uncharted one minute you here the guys I kill the next they dont make a peep when they die and the whole thing about quiting the game and the screen saying please wait for the longest time and then turning off the system happened to me as well. Man I have the 60 gig to I hope sony wont replace it with a non backwards compatible PS3 as I might have to send it back.

Anyone else noticed this problem occured when you have owned your PS3 for about a year after your purchase?