MW2 has made me sooo much better at BF:BC2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 emorainbo
Member since 2008 • 3067 Posts

Ive been playing the BC2 demo for the last few days and ive noticed that a lot of people are TERRIBLE! I think its because these players have grown so accustomed to MW2 mechanics.

-Gun recoil and gun physics in general. You cant go full auto with an assault rifle with sniper accuracy anymore, plus bullets are affected by gravity.

-You cant drop somebody with 2-3 hits anymore, it could take about 6 if you are a decent shot

-campers, whats the use of camping a door if I can just blow up the wall next to you?

-Lone wolfs, you actually have to work as a squad to be effective

-spawn delays, rush after rush is no longer a viable tactic

-class balancing, sorry guys you cant have a semi automatic sniper rifle and a submachine gun anymore.

I dont know about you guys, but all my friends talk about is "Modern Warfare" this, "24.3 K/D" that, "Tactical Nuke" this.... I cant wait to hand their asses to them on a silver platter :twisted:

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

They are both great games but are made for different types of players

Fast paced, one man army, campers, rambo style players are suited for MW2

Tactical, team work, strategy and super realistic guns are for BFBC 2

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
i agree, i play mw2 from time to time because i suck at bc2, easier to get kills in mw2, i go to bc2 when i feel like playing something more challenging
dadon04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dadon04
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts

I don't like vechile campers....its dumb that vechiles respawn....as for the bullets deal. Since when in real life does a person survive that many bullets?!?

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
I prefer to snipe in every FPS.. and BFBC2 is no different, MW2 has gotten boring... the pacing in BC2 is much better as well, and i love how large the maps are, bolt action snipers FTW.. I've gotten very good accounting for corealis and bullet travel time.. Can't wait for the full game to come out..
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PoisoN_Facecam0

I don't like vechile campers....its dumb that vechiles respawn....as for the bullets deal. Since when in real life does a person survive that many bullets?!?

dadon04
IDK what op is talking about, but i'm 2-4 shots and i drop an enemy in BF2, i always aim for the head/chest though... (but of course always 1 with a sniper, i probably get 90% headshots..)
ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

dadon04

i don't mean like super realistic just way the gun feels, it doesn't feel like air and it actually has weight. If shooters were made to be super realistic they would we so boring.

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

dadon04

agreed for bullets thing, and bfbc2 is not realistic at all. Realistic/tactic shooter = rainbow six vegas and operation flashpoint.

what kind of soldier can drive all kinds of military vehicle...aircraft, helicopter, speedboat, and tank.

Anyway, it's not much different than BFBC1 and BF2. Same gameplay since BF2 and same graphics from BFBC1.

I think some ppl just hype it, and i doubt it would have good sales sinceFF13 and GOW3 are coming out on march too.

PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PoisoN_Facecam0

[QUOTE="dadon04"]

oajlu

agreed for bullets thing, and bfbc2 is not realistic at all. Realistic/tactic shooter = rainbow six vegas and operation flashpoint.

what kind of soldier can drive all kinds of military vehicle...aircraft, helicopter, speedboat, and tank.

Anyway, it's not much different than BFBC1 and BF2. Same gameplay since BF2 and same graphics from BFBC1.

I think some ppl just hype it, and i doubt it would have good sales sinceFF13 and GOW3 are coming out on march too.

R6v is not realistic.. and Operation Flashpoint is a good example of how realism over balancing makes a bad game...
ElGreco88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 ElGreco88
Member since 2009 • 766 Posts

I wonder why people say BC 2 is sooo challenging and stuff. Personally I suck in pretty much every FPS, but when I tried this demo I found it easy to snipe or take down someone with every gun. And keep in mind I didn't use any vehicles. I just thought it was way easier than other games to camp with a sniper and don't get spotted. I remember when I played KZ 2 and the only thing I could kill was my teammates :lol:

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

[QUOTE="oajlu"]

[QUOTE="dadon04"]

PoisoN_Facecam0

R6v is not realistic.. and Operation Flashpoint is a good example of how realism over balancing makes a bad game...

I thought OF was a great game. Seriously, it's a nice change from typical shooters. Needed some work in areas but overall I really enjoyed it. Co-op was a blast.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

-Lone wolfs, you actually have to work as a squad to be effective

emorainbo

Actually, I think a good team needs at least one good lonewolf.

One guy who will think outside the box and add a pinch of unpredictability to the team's tactics. That's my speciality.

When Attacking, I'll be what I call "The Firsestarter", the one rushing to the crates, Rambo-style, and light 'em up. That's what I'm good at.

When Defending, I'm currently training myself to be a power sniper (non-camping sniper) and I'm getting quite respectable, I think. I even sniped an Apache pilot just yesterday. I was giggling like a school girl when I saw the chopper and its lifeless pilot crashing on a building. :P

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#13 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I hear ya. The only game people talk about at my school is MW2 and Halo. I would own them on Bad Company 2, however, they won't buy it. They think that MW2 and Halo are the only games worth playing. They think that the PS3 is useless because "it doesn't have enough quality shooter." They say that RPGs suck, "all you do is run around and talk to people." I swear, they're so ignorant, it's not even funny.