Must have games for PSP?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

Dont lock this please. I did ask in the "Recommendations" thread 3 days ago and got ZERO replies since then.

I had a PS3, got rid of it, play a lot of 360 now. There is a game coming out in June called Blood Bowl that I am getting for the PC and 360 but I want a portable version as well so I picked up a PSP. I have no freakin idea what games are even available on PSP (i know I can, and will, check some out on this site) but I was wondering what you all consider to be MUST HAVE games for PSP.

My favourite games are mainly RPG's with Fallout 3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Mass Effect being some of my best 360 games. I do not really like FPS or platformers. Racing games are ok but I would only ever buy one of those.

Let me know your recommendations please.

ironbat25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2 ironbat25
Member since 2008 • 444 Posts

there are alot of must have psp games but here are some i think are must have psp games.

syphon filter logan's shadow

god of war chains of olympus

madden 09

ratchet and clank size matters

ncaa football 09

wipeout pulse

street fighters alpha max

monster hunter freedom2

and

metal gear po

those are some games i think are must have games on the psp there is alot more must have games on the psp.

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

Must haves would be

1. Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
  2. Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
  3. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  4. Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
  5. God of War: Chains of Olympus
  6. Patapon
D-FEN5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 D-FEN5
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Metal Gear Portable Ops (sequel to MGS3 Snake Eater)

Metal Gear Portable Ops + (expanded UMD for camo/soldier collecting and using in online modes)

SSX On Tour (It's like SSX3, with some new characters and new event titles, and also ski events)

Hotshots Open Tee 2 (fully customizable characters, and has a good online mode but nobody is ever on)

Ace Combat X (very nice looking for PSP but hard to control with PSP button setup, still a great game)

Puzzle Bobble Pocket (Japanese import, thousands of levels and 5-6 different play modes, has english in-game interface merged with kanji)

Lego Star Wars 2 (Original Trilogy)

Metal Gear Acid 1-2 (strategy game, based on drawing cards and moving incriments at a time with a traditional 3-D MGS view)

Bubble Bobble Evolution (a classic game with a new concept. It works the same as the original 2, except there are 3 levels before you elevate up to the next floor)

Brunswick Bowling (I think I spent $4 on this, it comes in handy when I only have a short time to play something. You play with PSP turned at 90 degrees. It's fun)

Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
Both Fifa 09 and Pes 09 if your a footy fan.
hanzo225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hanzo225
Member since 2006 • 237 Posts
crisis core dw orochi puzzle quest
wado-karate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 wado-karate
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts
Seeing as you like RPG games I'd suggest Crisis Core, Untold Legends, and maybe Monster Hunter Freedom.
Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hawkeye747
Good calls guys. I am definately looking at that Final Fantasy game for my first game but you've given me some more options to look at.
mvlbr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 mvlbr
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts
I like Ace Combat.
melkors_gift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 melkors_gift
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Top 5 would be

Tomb Raider Anniversary

Prince of Persia Rival Swords

Prince of Persia Revelations

N+

GRAW 2

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

I like Ace Combat.mvlbr

No Doubt there! Loves my little F-16C Falcon! I've been playing it on "Hard" difficulty lately... also I would say "WarHammer 40K: squad Command" for strategy, "BurnOut Legends" for arcade racing, "Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX" for fighting (I'm just old-school when it comes to fighting games - 3D frightens me and makes me have a loose stool!), "Daxter" or "Secret Agent Clank" for platformer/hunter-gatherer game, and the "Medal of Honor" games (set the controls to "Elite" for best results) for FPS fixes.

Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hawkeye747
Picked up a used version of Crisis Core: FF VII for $20 at EB Games so I am playing that now. The person I got the PSP from found Prince of Persia Rival Swords and gave me that plus I will pick up God of War when I have finished these games. After that I will be looking for a racing game most likely. Saw Midnight Club 3 at the store, anyone know if it's any good or recommend a better driving game?
wado-karate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 wado-karate
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts
Some good racing games are Burnout and Flatout. I also hear Midnight Club: LA Remix is quite good.
_Elric_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _Elric_
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

Original Poster: If you liked Ultimate Alliance, check out the X-Men Legends II game. It's a very similar game engine and plenty of fun.

Final Fantasy Crisis is the current king of the RPG hill....

My favorite games for PSP are the two Syphon Filter games, they've got a lot of shooting but are not overly arcade-like.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

Picked up a used version of Crisis Core: FF VII for $20 at EB Games so I am playing that now. The person I got the PSP from found Prince of Persia Rival Swords and gave me that plus I will pick up God of War when I have finished these games. After that I will be looking for a racing game most likely. Saw Midnight Club 3 at the store, anyone know if it's any good or recommend a better driving game?Hawkeye747

Look no further than the "BurnOut" series. "BurnOut: Legends" has all the good stuff from race variety to Crash Mode, with all of the unlockables... it's the king. I am a fan of "Midnight Club 3" on the PS2 but I can't say if it works as well as the "BurnOut" series has made the transition to the PSP. I would start with "BurnOut" and look into MC...

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
you only need one game until Kingdom Hearts comes out...and that Final Fantasy Crisis Core.
Comrade_Buff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Comrade_Buff
Member since 2009 • 241 Posts

[QUOTE="Hawkeye747"]Picked up a used version of Crisis Core: FF VII for $20 at EB Games so I am playing that now. The person I got the PSP from found Prince of Persia Rival Swords and gave me that plus I will pick up God of War when I have finished these games. After that I will be looking for a racing game most likely. Saw Midnight Club 3 at the store, anyone know if it's any good or recommend a better driving game?ston3henge

Look no further than the "BurnOut" series. "BurnOut: Legends" has all the good stuff from race variety to Crash Mode, with all of the unlockables... it's the king. I am a fan of "Midnight Club 3" on the PS2 but I can't say if it works as well as the "BurnOut" series has made the transition to the PSP. I would start with "BurnOut" and look into MC...

Listen to this good man.

motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts
I've heard that the new midnight club actually did very well on the PSP. I might go and pick it up.