Most flawed maps on COD4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
The more and more I play COD4 the more and more I find out about things with the game and whats wrong with the game in certain parts. Its gotten to the point that there are maps that I simply will not play because I play alone online and with these particular maps if your not on the right team and your dominated you won't be able to move 5 footsteps without coming into contact with the enemy. The maps I'm talking about are Shipment, Bog, and that one level that is middle eastern with a statue in the middle of it. In my opinion those 3 maps are the worst when it comes to how well the maps were designed. And if your not on the winning team in one of those maps odds are your gonna die a whole lot more than what you normally would. I don't necessiarly blame the other team for being so aggressive on dominating on those maps its more or less a flaw on the development part of IW. Seeing as there is simply no where to go or hide once you respawn after being killed.
FFF4N4T1C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 FFF4N4T1C
Member since 2005 • 925 Posts
I love small high-intensity maps. I don't really like Creek, the one in the Map Pack that I didn't enjoy added. I loved the other two though.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 odin2019

I love small high-intensity maps. I don't really like Creek, the one in the Map Pack that I didn't enjoy added. I loved the other two though.FFF4N4T1C

I take it your not a sniper. Its just that those three maps are terrible when your being dominated and I almost think that IW should remove those maps from domination altogether seeing as a team can be completely dominated quite easily on one of those maps within 2 to 3 minutes.

The maps themselves are too narrow and small. I would like more big maps in general because even some of the bigger maps I feel like should be bigger like that one out in the woods. I like the map bloc....it has a good size to it but I don't like that map because I don't like the two buildings being directly across from one another. I like to snipe at people who don't have a sniper rifle on them. I don't get much fun sniping at other snipers.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
If you are on the "wrong" team you will get owned on any map. I dont care how good you are. I favor some maps over others, but I would never be so pompous to suggest what maps should be removed from the game... I don't do well very consistently on shipment but one of my friends gets over 125 kills eveytime he plays domination there, so he would say that you should up your skills before removing maps.
Sole-Collector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Sole-Collector
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Creek is the most flawed map in my opinion. I like to snipe, but on this map its either snipe or camp in the cave. If you dont like to snipe it sucks for you because the entire other team is usually sniping and you can't really do anything. If you can make your way to the cave there is always someone hiding in there camping.
mitchconlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 mitchconlin
Member since 2005 • 1218 Posts
id say the biggest flaw is that half of them look so similar
Rocket1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Rocket1988
Member since 2004 • 52 Posts
The maps are fine with a great variety. The problem probably lies with the player and the weapons or path you choose. Sounds like you gave up instead of trying to outsmart the other team.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 odin2019

If you are on the "wrong" team you will get owned on any map. I dont care how good you are. I favor some maps over others, but I would never be so pompous to suggest what maps should be removed from the game... I don't do well very consistently on shipment but one of my friends gets over 125 kills eveytime he plays domination there, so he would say that you should up your skills before removing maps.warbmxjohn

Up my skills....I'm constantly playing but there are some maps that I flat out refuse to play so any time those maps do pop up I don't play. Unless I'm automatically on the winning team. As for getting 125 kills each time he plays thats great....I would love to see him do it on a game where he is on the team being completely dominated in shipment with 3 red flags and enemies all over the place and see him get half that many kills. You never did mention what the k/d ratio was but I assume your suggesting that its pretty good.

Yes, if your on the wrong team you can get owned on any map but at least some maps provide several different paths and places to hide from the enemy unlike the three maps that I listed.

You can think of COD4 as having perfect maps all you want thats fine but I don't think they are perfect and never will because they are not perfect. I still think those maps should be removed from the domination game type is all I'm saying not removed from the game.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 odin2019

The maps are fine with a great variety. The problem probably lies with the player and the weapons or path you choose. Sounds like you gave up instead of trying to outsmart the other team.Rocket1988

path I choose? Well lets see here you respawn walk 5 foot steps and well theres the enemy two or three of them. And on that map with the statue if you respawn you can go left, right, or straight. As we well know going straight leads right to where most of them are, going left takes you up stairs or possilbly to the map all the way on the other side of the map, going right takes you to B. Not a whole lot of choice and sure as hell no where to hide.

Gave up no I wouldn't call it that I would call it outsmarting the other team by leaving or just not playing. You see because I'm gonna get what I want regardless and thats a fair chance for me to get my kills with few deaths regardless of what team I'm on. I have played the game for numerous hours and I know the maps that risk the possiblity of getting the most deaths and least kills if on the wrong team and those three maps are by far the worst.

I'm quite surprised that I seem to be the only one that has problems with certain maps on the game. I thought for sure more people out there would have maps that they dislike and I thought there would definitely be some people that agree with me of those three maps being flawed.

johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts

imo, you dont need much skills in cod4, if you got better internet connection (the ping) you got more chances of wnning the game, say if you have that red ping doesnt matter how good you are, youre shooting a guy at his back and he would just seem to ignore you then turn around run towards you and knife you like 5 steps away and vice versa, thats why I would just quit the game if my connection is bad till I find a good lobby that has me 4 green bars of ping, I dont mind any type of maps.

KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts
So far i like them all except the add-on maps. IMO they seem like they crapped them out just to make a quick buck because they are absolute trash.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

So far i like them all except the add-on maps. IMO they seem like they crapped them out just to make a quick buck because they are absolute trash.KittenNipples

Agreed, Creek is the only one of the four that is worth playing.

puddin71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 puddin71
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
If you want really big maps play Battlefield Bad Company....it rox.
Jack118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jack118
Member since 2008 • 53 Posts
I agree with you on Shipment, i cant stand that map with all the grenade launchers going off every second. i quite like Bog because I'm a sniper and i think that there is a fair few places you could hide. And as for the third one u were on about, i think you meant Showdown, I don't like that map either. The best map on CoD4 in my opinion is Overgrown, as it is one of the bigger maps and offers a range of tactics that you could use to dominate the other team.
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"]If you are on the "wrong" team you will get owned on any map. I dont care how good you are. I favor some maps over others, but I would never be so pompous to suggest what maps should be removed from the game... I don't do well very consistently on shipment but one of my friends gets over 125 kills eveytime he plays domination there, so he would say that you should up your skills before removing maps.odin2019

Up my skills....I'm constantly playing but there are some maps that I flat out refuse to play so any time those maps do pop up I don't play. Unless I'm automatically on the winning team. As for getting 125 kills each time he plays thats great....I would love to see him do it on a game where he is on the team being completely dominated in shipment with 3 red flags and enemies all over the place and see him get half that many kills. You never did mention what the k/d ratio was but I assume your suggesting that its pretty good.

Yes, if your on the wrong team you can get owned on any map but at least some maps provide several different paths and places to hide from the enemy unlike the three maps that I listed.

You can think of COD4 as having perfect maps all you want thats fine but I don't think they are perfect and never will because they are not perfect. I still think those maps should be removed from the domination game type is all I'm saying not removed from the game.

Ever think about not trying to run and hide, but actually killing your enemies? Just a thought :P If you respawn 5 steps away from them isnt that an easy kill for you? I mean I'm all about tactics (including camping), but sometimes going all out gung ho, commando is the only way. As previously stated my friend thats a long time FPS player and a gung ho LMG type player, will get 125 kills and around 40-50 deaths (at worst) even when his whole team gets owned. All he does from the start is kill everyone, doesn't go for flags he just shoots and exploits airstrikes and choppers. Shipment is his favorite level, and he would be devastated should it be removed cause some people can't win there.

Most COD4 maps are strategic with multiple options at hand, but sometimes the only option is to kill. I dont think the maps are perfect nothing is perfect. But I know that some are more of a challenge than others, thats why some people are scared to play them. There isnt a severe problem with balance in any of the multiplayer levels, just an unbalance in the skill level of people playing the maps. I've had problems with every map not just the three you named, should I demand IW to remove those maps so I dont get owned? No I just rethink my strategy and loadout and try to maximize my performance. I also used to hate shipment but after taking some pointers from my friend, I have fun and get more kills there than any other map every time.

IW tried to have variance in their level design thats why some maps encourage tactics and strategy and other maps completely throw tactics out the window and only the fastest shots survive.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
I know what you mean. There are maps I dont do as the team that wins is the team that gets the good side of the map. Though on the good maps the game is great.
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
Can't Stand Wet Works and Creek.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
[QUOTE="odin2019"]

[QUOTE="warbmxjohn"]If you are on the "wrong" team you will get owned on any map. I dont care how good you are. I favor some maps over others, but I would never be so pompous to suggest what maps should be removed from the game... I don't do well very consistently on shipment but one of my friends gets over 125 kills eveytime he plays domination there, so he would say that you should up your skills before removing maps.warbmxjohn

Ever think about not trying to run and hide, but actually killing your enemies? Just a thought :P If you respawn 5 steps away from them isnt that an easy kill for you? I mean I'm all about tactics (including camping), but sometimes going all out gung ho, commando is the only way. As previously stated my friend thats a long time FPS player and a gung ho LMG type player, will get 125 kills and around 40-50 deaths (at worst) even when his whole team gets owned. All he does from the start is kill everyone, doesn't go for flags he just shoots and exploits airstrikes and choppers. Shipment is his favorite level, and he would be devastated should it be removed cause some people can't win there.

Most COD4 maps are strategic with multiple options at hand, but sometimes the only option is to kill. I dont think the maps are perfect nothing is perfect. But I know that some are more of a challenge than others, thats why some people are scared to play them. There isnt a severe problem with balance in any of the multiplayer levels, just an unbalance in the skill level of people playing the maps. I've had problems with every map not just the three you named, should I demand IW to remove those maps so I dont get owned? No I just rethink my strategy and loadout and try to maximize my performance. I also used to hate shipment but after taking some pointers from my friend, I have fun and get more kills there than any other map every time.

IW tried to have variance in their level design thats why some maps encourage tactics and strategy and other maps completely throw tactics out the window and only the fastest shots survive.

Since we're talking tactics. If you're getting held down that well by an opposing team, it would be a good idea to have a c1ass set up with smoke grenades as the special grenade. Toss one of them in the line of sight and use the cover to get across the dangerous choke point, then sneak up behind them and wipe em out.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

i love shipment :( especially on domination. it was so crazy lol. 55 kills right here :D

but usually its the way you play, even if you are on the "crap"team you can still bring your team to victory. i played one time on wet work and brought my team to a win with 44 kills while everyone else got 8 kills or 5 kills and one 12 kills.

its definately the way you play that make you win or lose most maps.