Monster Hunter freedom 2. Getting into PSP RPG's. Should this be my priority?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D3monicd34th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 D3monicd34th
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

Hey guys,

In my own little world, I always thought RPG's on the PSP would...well..Suck. That all changed the day I bought FFCC! Boy, know I'm in LOVE! Anyway, I'm looking to get my second rpg, and I keep hearing about Monster Hunter Freedom 2. After watching gameplay, I thought it looked cool.

So, I guess what I'm asking, Should I buy this as my second RPG? I really want an rpg that lasts a long time, and this seems like one. I'm looking for something with A level up up system to. From what I've heard, gamespot did a terrible job reviewing this game, and I just wanted a clear answer.

Thanks guys!

Matt

pokolvrolok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 pokolvrolok
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts

DUDE!!! YES! Definately! If you liked Crisis core you will love this! Honestly, this is coming from a person who in general dislikes RPGs.

its just amazing! Has its amazing original world, gameplay is addictive, levelling up and creating/modifying armour and weapons and customising ur character is just plain fun and the game lasts for aes coz theres sooo much to unliock/get and sooo many monsters to kill!!! :D

Definately get it! And gamespot were pathetic when reviewing the game, honestly they turn it down because it's quite a hard game! YOU CANT CALL A GAME BAD BY ITS DIFFICULTY FFS!

Anyway good luck with your purchase, Im sure you will love it!

elcheleivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 elcheleivan
Member since 2005 • 185 Posts

Dude i love rpgs more than anything, and i was playing online massive rpg (maple story) and i was addicted to it for like 4 years. Becouse i always had somithing to do. But if online games get popular here comes the cheaters and o well i got hacked but thats not wath i want to tell you. The point is i rarely get addicted to games and with this game omg!!!! there is so much to do, its hard, its good, great graphics, great figthing, it loads too much but still its great.

Also you can use multiple weapons if you get bored with 1 then just grab a new one or just make it with the left over materials you are getting and if you are advanced in the game and you fell like making a bow youll be surprised that you have enugh materials to make a good one and not start from scatch.

Im right now training to get used to bows becouse i was only using a huge sword and sometimes when im in a boss battle i want to just shot an arrow bomb to its ass and run lol!!!!.

Well i think i got a little carried away but still, you go get it!!!!

bustword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 bustword
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts
monster hunter does't really have a level up system. the only thing that levels up is your weapon and armor. To me your character doesn't level up but you as the player has to level up.
gho5ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gho5ty
Member since 2006 • 363 Posts
monster hunter in japan = world of warcraft. its one of the best psp games out there that last for ever.
arctrooper48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 arctrooper48
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is not an RPG (Don't assume that because it's asian!).

It's more like an action strategy game. It requires quick reactions, extreme planning, and amazing amounts of skill. There is no level system (unless you count stronger armor/weaponry + upgrades). At the very beginning, the game may seem easy, but after the first five quests, the difficulty rises 90 degrees, which could be your deciding factor of whether you regret buying the game or not. But don't give up too easy, that's why many people regret buying it. They expect pressing one button over again = win.

This game does last a VERY long time. I was playing the first Freedom installment for about a year, logging a huge chunk of hours into 4 different characters (3 on one memory card, one on another). I have just as much time logged into the second one also (can you say, addicted?). All the weapon types are great, and sooner or later you'll find yourself mastering all of them.

If you really desire a leveling system, I would recommend you still purchase this (and getting friends into the game really beefs up the experience). You can think of collecting Armor Spheres (various items that upgrade armor stats) for hard work as leveling up in skill and equipment.

I'd have so much more to say about this game (I have a right too! 1000+ hours d*****!), but I can't think of much else.

Sorry for the randomness of typing.

One last note, if you need any help with anything, just ask. I've done literally everything.

aznstyle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 aznstyle11
Member since 2008 • 1125 Posts
Yup I dunno why they put the Giadrome so early in the game. The game is hard, long but you'll get used to it.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Well, I'm glad you enjoyed Crisis Core, but coming from a long time RPG player like myself, Crisis Core really isn't a true RPG. It's more shallow and mission based, also very linear. It's a action/RPG that focuses more on action than RPG elements.

Anyway, technicality aside, there haven't really been good PSP RPGs. The only one is Valkaryie Profile, but even that one is very unique and different.

DemonOnikage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 DemonOnikage
Member since 2007 • 676 Posts

Jeanne D'Arc is a good RPG.

MHF2 is a game you will spend hundreds of hours on if you keep at it.
It can be hard, you will just need to pick up your game and get used to it.

ironbat25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 ironbat25
Member since 2008 • 444 Posts
monster hunter freedom 2 is a great game that every psp owner should have.its very long has alot of mission to do alot of armors andweapons to.at first it will be hard because you wont have good weapons or armors but after the first part it will get more easier.
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#11 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts
I do have a question. Is Monster Hunter Freedom 2 twice as better as the first one? I've only own the first one on PSP and I wasn't sure on which was better.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I do have a question. Is Monster Hunter Freedom 2 twice as better as the first one? I've only own the first one on PSP and I wasn't sure on which was better.benleslie5

Honestly, I think it's about the same but with newer areas, items, weapons, quests, etc. It's more an expansion pack then a sequel.