Monster hunter freedom. 1 or 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

D3monicd34th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 D3monicd34th
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

Hey guys. I want to get one of the monster hunter games, however I dont want to pour $40 into a game im not completely positive about. I know a lot of people love it, but I just want to make sure.

So, I think it would be a good idea to get MHF1 first, because it costs less, and if I don't like it, well, then at least I didn't pour $40 into it.

So, what do you think I should do? should I get started with MHF1 , to make sure I like and, and only put 20$ into it? I also want to know the big differences between the two. Like, would you still reccomend me getting the first one, even though the 2nd is out? It's kind of hard to explain, but, is MHF1 Still good? or should I justy wait, and save for MHF2?

Thanks,

Matt.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts
this game is hard....
But ..... its fun :D
And really long game.... u wont pour 20 $ (i have 1st)
Also... i ve got bored with that game... faster than i have though.... it not typical RPG game... its hack and slash... there are no lvls... etc.... u just go earn cash get items from monsters... and then gettin ur armor better and better...
gho5ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gho5ty
Member since 2006 • 363 Posts

Hey guys. I want to get one of the monster hunter games, however I dont want to pour $40 into a game im not completely positive about. I know a lot of people love it, but I just want to make sure.

So, I think it would be a good idea to get MHF1 first, because it costs less, and if I don't like it, well, then at least I didn't pour $40 into it.

So, what do you think I should do? should I get started with MHF1 , to make sure I like and, and only put 20$ into it? I also want to know the big differences between the two. Like, would you still reccomend me getting the first one, even though the 2nd is out? It's kind of hard to explain, but, is MHF1 Still good? or should I justy wait, and save for MHF2?

Thanks,

Matt.

D3monicd34th
MHF1 is just the start then MHF2 has updated items/new weaons ect. sum people say its hard and other love it too death. all you need too do is go on youtube and look at the videos. the game dose not have any leveling/adding stats and i dont think there is a soty too it its just pure hacking/slashing makeing your items/weapos
D3monicd34th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 D3monicd34th
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
Uh...Ok? I don't really know what that means... Also, I guess what im saying is, is there anything big in MhF2 that's not in MHF1? Or are they sort of similar with the adding weapons and armor stuff?
aznstyle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 aznstyle11
Member since 2008 • 1125 Posts

Theres more different types of weaps, armours and items. I think it has had new maps. I was watching MHF2 on Youtube and I thought the game was easy because of how fast some of the enemies died. Then when I got the game I was like DAMN they were good, so it takes some skill.

bustword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bustword
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts
just get freedom 2 cause it has better graphics and better reaction time and everything freedom 1 has freedom 2 has also.
neji122793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 neji122793
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts
I just got 2, its great but its really hard in the beginning but gets a tad easier. But my friends are getting it tomo and that's when it get fun. But get 2. :)
danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

Listen to me and you'll never regret. Get MHF2 , why? Because of the goddamn pokke farm. MHF1 doesn't have a pokke farm, therefore collecting materials for weapons and armors is a major pain in the ass.

The release of MHF2 finally make it easier ( but not as easy as you think ) for players to collect materials. Plus MHF2 added few weapons that MHF1 doesn't have.

PJ24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PJ24
Member since 2005 • 3816 Posts
Please use the PSP Recommendation thread :)